Becker 6112 navigation refuses to use freeways | FerrariChat

Becker 6112 navigation refuses to use freeways

Discussion in '612/599' started by ghovden, Sep 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghovden

ghovden Rookie

Oct 12, 2006
    California
    #1 ghovden, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I bought a Becker 6112 from a Ferrari on eBay and installed in my car. The navigation works great on local roads, but it flat out refuses to include freeways in the route guidance. If I am disobedient and enter the freeway anyway, the unit will ask me to get off at every exit we pass. I am choosing “Quick route” and unselecting “Avoid freeway” (I have tried all combinations in case I am misunderstanding the on/off symbols). Has anyone else experienced this? Does the unit think there is a traffic jam and want to guide me around it? Or???
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. xcvb1

xcvb1 Karting

May 19, 2016
    Mine is on 'Dynamic route'. With the latest Becker Software (modified Version 6 for oem be6112) the avoid Traffic Jam Feature is quiete good. That means You should See the Little Square at the Route options submenue at 'Dynamic route'. All other options incl 'avoid freeway' should be Off (You Don't See the Little Square!). If the avoid Freeway Option is on (You See the Little Square) the sat nav Calculates a free of freeways Route for a max of ca 200km / Miles. If the Route is more than These 200km/Miles it will Guide You to freeways again.
    If this is really Not working. Than reset the BE6112 by putting the Software with the Version You have again on it.
    Good luck
    Michael

3. ghovden

ghovden Rookie

Oct 12, 2006
    California
    I know many of you are having sleepless nights pondering the question: Why does ghovden's navigation system refuse to use highways? I have tried all combination of two Becker units (BE6112 and a Becker Cascade) in three different cars using software version 4.0 and 5.2, but to no avail. I have tried any conceivable option in the very German user interface, but with no luck. The friendly girl, Amy, inside the Becker unit will only guide me to local roads.

I finally upgraded the maps using a 2015/16 DVD for an Audi (thank you, xcvb1). See:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430-sponsored-yellow-compass-group/558932-us-map-upgrade-becker-navigation.html

That solved the problem. The navigation guides me on I-280, I-101 and SR-85. I am led to believe the V4 maps had incorrect speed/duration for the roads in my area.

Tonight we can all sleep well!

4. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    ahaha

Thank you for restoring my peaceful vacation time!

All is well once it ends well.