Bellagio Motors - Fred Ebadat | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Bellagio Motors - Fred Ebadat

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Masher44, Jan 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    We have spoken to his family members and his brother is a chiropractor in the area and he has said the family has disowned him and know he is a deadbeat. I wonder if it's true? Maybe his family can pressure him into giving the money back.

Fred the Coward should be his new alias. I think we are going to start contacting his family members again to see if they can help.

Nice work Fred. Ruining your whole family's reputation because you are a deadbeat. Nice job scumbag.

2. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Don't need a website. Google him . Wow.

3. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Having a webpage with the OP's attorneys info / phone etc. will help people network who have been scammed, I'm not even sure if you can send a PM through a forum until you have 10 posts??? Make it simple, set up a webpage for potential victims.

4. amann

amann Rookie

Jan 18, 2012
    Freds attorney is Adam Greely. 949-752-2444

I've posted my contract and wire in pervious posts.

5. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I meant your attorney's info, why anyone would even talk to Fred's attorney is beyond me.

6. Lead Foot

Lead Foot Karting

May 30, 2011
    Forum member SpeedDemon was in a similar position:

Post #1 June 2006
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108705

jump forward to Feb 2008 (year and a half later!) for the outcome:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137448899&postcount=221

7. amann

amann Rookie

Jan 18, 2012
    My attorney is Adam Gafni 310-867-2729

8. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    #83 m.roberts, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

I suspect your M6 is now owned by a guy in the Dallas area by the name of Gino. I have talked to him a bunch. He is the one that I posted who consigned a 599 with Bellagio. They sold the car, he sent the title. Then he took a BMW and a lesser proceed check for the sale of the 599 minus the BMW. What do you know, his check for the sale of the 599 bounced. He also was so trusting that he sent Bellagio a clear title to the 599 before he got paid... so he is totally rear-ended at this point.

9. Spine Tingler

Spine Tingler Rookie

Jan 26, 2012
    OK
    Sounds like National Marine:)

10. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Wow. Yet another person that needs our help. Keep guys like Fred in jail. What a ****ing dirtbag. Fred you are a piece of **** and a disgrace to your family. Your family has disowned you, how does that make you feel?

11. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    It's the National Marine Shuffle all over again :(

12. Five

Five Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2006
    Silicon Valley, CA
    #87 Five, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    Well, there's rule 165 (e)

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/26/165.html

and

http://www.irstaxattorney.com/blog/2008/01/section-165e-theft-loss-deduction.html

noting the part that starts:

"The court concluded that, "while a taxpayer may in the year of discovery take a loss where there is not a 'reasonable prospect of recovery,' if there is a 'reasonable prospect of recovery' the taxpayer must wait..."

And losses are different for different things. If it is "personal use property", search for the word "burglarized" here and read the example:

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p547/ar02.html#en_US_2011_publink1000225308

When tax time rolls around, be sure to bring whatever losses you have up with your tax guy/gal.

13. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    So I guess Fred's next move is to sell So Fl real estate....What dirt bags some people are!!!!

14. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I'm a retired dealer and have seen situations like this over and over and.... (largest scam I witnessed took more than $18mm, their money was out of the country faster than they were), it makes me sick to my stomach... It would be nice to see a sticky about the legalities of buying/selling a car and what is not legally binding AND don't f*ck!ng do it scenarios.

Most the info is here on the forum (fantastic place btw) but not all is pieced together explaining how the law is different for a consignment deal vs. a dealer owned car and then if the car crosses state line where jurisdiction is a different, etc, it all matters..........

Full disclosure: I have NEVER sold anything to anyone here and have never tried or wanted to, I'm just here for a hobby and to get good tips that I never new about.

15. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    People wind up dead because of this stuff. Guess Fred might be next. Stupid way to go.

16. Lead Foot

Lead Foot Karting

May 30, 2011
    It might be wise for your lawyers to contact SpeedDemon's lawyer and ask him what he would do differently to get a resolution in your favor. It could save you a lot of time, money, and your car.

17. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Best recourse is self help...ring up a few boys from south central to pay Fred a visit.

18. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Stealing another man's money, wife, or car (& not necessarily in that order of priority) could put you six feet under faster than you can say Lamborghini Countach. It happens.

19. amann

amann Rookie

Jan 18, 2012
    The best part about this is Fred is reading every post on here! If I was Fred "I" was Fred I would be scared for my life after what he has done to me and other people. I am out 30K right now but I really feel for the people that are out a lot more. Fred will be put in prison!

20. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Rob Lay,

Can you capture Fred's IP address when he logs on?. Maybe we can GPS his location.

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 that would be too good for this low life.

22. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    I am wondering if Rob Lay can start a new sub forum under "Scams" so that all members could have up to date info on the latest cons. I think this would be a great idea especially since there are probably many members that only stay in one or two forums. If there was a universal forum setup specifically for this purpose, I think it might be helpful.

What is the latest update from the District Attorney's office. This guy should be prosecuted at the very least.

23. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    We have a Beware and Stolen section on a very high end boating website and it works great. All dirt bags exposed in one easy to find section.

24. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    #99 ChipG, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    Hang in there, do what you can

25. daveleach

daveleach Rookie

Jul 20, 2010
    Contact your bank that holds the lein on your car, I know in NY they can legally reposses the car,even if it is in someone elses possession and when they do, you have 10 days to redeem it, it will cost you the repo fees,and shipping, maybe have a late payment show on your credit bureau, but you should be able to get your car back.