Beware of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Beware of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dr. Lawrence Miller, Dec 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tr512

tr512 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2007
    canada burnaby bc
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #301 tr512, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Hi Lawrence .I can call him that because he's my friend..lol
    I think you should come over to the dark side...You know i service my own cars but i will say that when i do go to the Lambo dealership to buy parts they sure bend over backwards to help you and to make you happy, even knowing that i service my car myself.Maybe you should forget giving Ferrari the business for the new 488 and buy a Lambo, in the long run it would be a lot less stress taking it into the U.S if you needed warranty work.Like i said before DR Lawrence is one stand up guy and such a calm person.But i will say this FMOV have messed with the wrong guy to FCK.He won't let this go no matter what it cost's.It would be in FMOV best interest to settle with him because the cost $$$Lawyer's$$, plus the damage that has been done to FMOV. I don't know if you could put a price on that? Mr Ross is just digging the hole deeper.
    Michael

2. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Dr. Lawrence Miller Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Thank you very much for you support Michael! I laughed at your message - strong indeed is the dark side - lol! And in reality, if I did not already own a Ferrari and read about how FMoV mistreated some other loyal Ferrari customer, I'm pretty sure the Lambo dealership would have me as a loyal customer. However, given that I still have my Ferrari which was damaged by FMoV, and also that I might have associated difficulties selling it, I feel like I have to wait and see how all of this is going to play out with Ferrari S.p.A.

I completely agree with you about Brian Ross just digging the hole deeper. I have believed from the beginning, the longer this goes unresolved, the more it's going to cost him (legal fees, etc...). And you are right, FMoV and Brian Ross have underestimated my resolve, and I will not let this go no matter what it costs. There's only one thing that's impossible, and that's to defeat a man who does not give up. Also, I'm still a relatively young man and can continue the good fight for at least another 30 years or so :) I imagine we will both be riding around in our Lambo's long before that time. Thank you again for your support and friendship Michael.

3. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There is a time limit for editing posts - from memory it is about ten minutes - key point is that it is short.

In terms of adding photos or changing the title any of the forum moderators can do that and the easiest way to contact them is to report the post (the warning triangle in the top right corner of the post). A post report is sent to all moderators so someone will respond and get back to you quickly :)

4. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Thank you for the information! I received a message from Rob Lay saying that I can request a change of thread name from the moderator, but any photos added to my first posting on page 1 of this thread will automatically go to the end of the thread. However, given that I posted a summary of my experiences with FMoV and Brian Ross on other websites (e.g., ***********, Yelp, etc...), I can change the link in those websites to reference the specific page in this thread that does contain the photos of my damaged Ferrari. I will use your suggested technique for contacting the moderators.

5. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    To the Moderator:

I would appreciate it if you would change the name of the thread "A Ferrari Owner's Review of his Experience Dealing With Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver" to "Beware of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver". Thank you!

Dr. Lawrence Miller

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    Any small business owner that brags about going to court 50 plus times......

7. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Exactly! I was somewhat puzzled why Brian Ross felt the need to tell me that he had been to court "probably 50 times", but upon reflection I suspect it was a misguided attempt at intimidation (given that I had never been to court in my life). Brian Ross' actions show that he would rather spend more money on legal fees than honor a fair settlement agreement - at least in my case.

8. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    I just wanted to thank the Moderator for honoring my request to change the name of this thread to "Beware of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver".

9. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    You just need to ask him to merge your photos into post #1, if possible.

10. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
  11. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Yes, I did ask and apparently any modification (such as merging photos) to an earlier post results in it being placed at the end of the thread. It was worth a try though! In my postings to other social media platforms, I link to the first page of this thread, and note that photos of my damaged Ferrari can be found on page 13 of this thread.

12. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Good question! I'm guessing that they periodically do automated updates. I heard that it is possible to get any webpage to appear at the top of any given index in Google searches, but it involves paying an ongoing significant monthly fee.

13. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    I must say that this whole experience of having to deal with Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver and Brian Ross has been a learning experience in terms of understanding how the legal and corporate world operates. Those who have the most financial resources have the advantage and usually come out ahead financially due to simple attrition of those who cannot afford legal fees or marketing firms to represent them. For example, I suspect that FMoV and Brian Ross thought that I would not have the financial resources or mental resolve to sue them, and they would just walk away with the win. Obviously a major miscalculation on their part. In terms of marketing, I notice that on Yelp, FMoV has "sponsored ads" (paid for by the business) that appear first on the webpage, and you would not immediately recognize that they are sponsored ads because they have star ratings. There is only a small "i" in a circle to refer to the fact that the ads are paid for by the business. This is followed by presumably authentic reviews further down the page. Interestingly, I received a reportedly "automated" message from Yelp saying my review was "not recommended", was not included in the average star ratings, and was placed in an obscure "not recommended" area where people could still find my review if they searched hard enough for it. Yelp makes a point of saying that companies with sponsored ads are not shown any preference in terms of postings of reviews. However, it does not seem so in this case. Clearly, those who have the most financial resources make the rules and have the most influence. I suppose I always knew that at some level, but have preferred to focus on the more positive aspects of humanity. With that in mind, although I will continue to fight the good fight with respect to FMoV and Brian Ross because it's the right thing to do, I will not allow them to change my overall positive view of humanity. It's a better way to live. As the saying goes, "Holding onto anger and resentment is like drinking poison and hoping it will kill your enemies".

14. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    It is well known that Yelp is essentially a legalized extortion website. People post bad reviews of your business, you pay to have them removed.

It doesn't surprise me FMoV pays Yelp. Every experience I've had with them has been negative. Not anywhere near as bad or serious as yours, but if I was to order a new car I wouldn't be ordering it locally. I know of one person local here that ordered theirs out of province because he refuses to do business with FMoV as well.

I guess when your product sells itself, customer service isn't the highest priority.

Ferrari has dropped the ball in recent decades. Their cars are still amazing but they've lost touch with the enthusiasts in my opinion. The sour taste they've left in so many peoples mouths has bred so much more competition. I guess that's staying true to their roots...after all Lamborghini (automobiles) was started to spite Enzo. :)

15. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Is it really necessary to bring racial bias into this thread?

16. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    #316 cwwhk, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    I admire your tenacity to defend your rights against FMOV. Nowadays people tend to acquiesce due to cost of litigation. Refreshing to see you are able to stand up for yourself in spite of the time and cost. Wish you best of success in your endeavour. BTW I've previously heard some stories about FMOV from good friends in the business.

I have bought multiple street cars since the 90's and even raced 360C and 430C in mid 2000's. Sadly loyalty seems to be a one way street for Ferrari most of the time. Still own and love my F cars but will never race a F car ever again. Sacrilege but have been racing porkers since 2010. :D

17. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, arrogance towards customers is a long-established tradition with Ferrari. You might even say it is in the genes. However, there are some good Ferrari dealers: I have always had excellent service from my local agent, despite having bought my first Ferrari elsewhere, one reason why I did subsequently buy two from them - one second-hand (Ferrari) and one new (Maserati).

18. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Please stick the Politically-Correct-I'm-offended-by-everything mantra where the sun doesn't shine.

Yes. It was. They are 17 year old Chinese (NOT caucasican Canadian) kids driving Ferrari's around Vancouver, getting impounded by the RCMP. I have friends that have children in the Vancouver school system and the only 17-18 year old "children" driving Ferraris to school are Asian. All the caucasian kids are driving a Kia. You can't be that ostentatious and expect to not be noticed and called out for it. It's an accurate descriptor. Try reading the Globe and Mail..

AtomicPunk88 likes this.
  19. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    we have a legal system... not a justice system. that is why people like hillary and marc cuban skate free and the single mother with parking tickets gets ground into dirt.....

20. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Free bump for justice over ****heads. Good for you! Sorry this happened to you...pretty much every car guy's nightmare.

21. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    What's your auto insurer's take on the situation, Dr. Miller? If no dispute in who piled-up your car, would guess they may have the experience/wherewithal to receive equitable compensation for repairs/depreciation from FMoV's insurance company?

22. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I'm not sure how you're finding racial bias in that post unless you consider "Asian" and "Chinese" to be racial slurs. Noting that the influx of Asian money into the area likely means that FMoV can be cavalier about the way they treat their customers certainly doesn't seem like a slam to Asians, although it sure doesn't reflect well on Ferrari/Maserati of Vancouver.

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience and others with that dealership. I find it odd that the owner not only lives in another country than his dealership, but pretty far away from it (Brian Ross lives in Ohio...not like Seattle). I guess being that hands off from the dealership could lead to customer service like that. And trying to not pay for the total damages caused is probably just more money saved to him to pay for his $36 million '57 335 Fcar he bought last Feb...gotta pay for it somehow.

Please keep us posted.

24. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    guy seems to exemplify midwest values....

25. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    LOL. So true! I regret not taking a picture of the 16 year old Chinese kid that got his new 488 stuck in the snow. Who else gets a new 488 stuck in the snow......LOL. They say 'Whatever'.