Boardwalk Service Department Re-Introduction | FerrariChat

Boardwalk Service Department Re-Introduction

Discussion in 'Texas' started by SAFE4NOW, May 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I wanted to create a thread to address some points that have come to my attention over the past few weeks. I'd like to start off with a personal introduction then jump into some points that have been coming up at events and online. So, here it goes:

Part I

My name is Steve Fordham. I have been in the Automotive industry since 1985. I am hopelessly addicted to performance cars of all types. I have an office at home with entire walls dedicated to just Ferrari, another with Porsche, Lamborghini's and more. I have participated in driving events with my personal cars starting with Volvo at local SCCA Solo events all the way to driver schools in Austria ( Just in case we have an ice/snow day )

I have over 20 years of experience servicing high end automobiles in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I have worked in management at numerous local luxury automobile service departments, where I have consistently maintained a nationally-recognized high customer service satisfaction rating for automakers such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW ,Audi, Porsche, and Volvo. I have worked with the following companies over the past 20 years:

Autoscope Park Cities / Plano
    Boardwalk Ferrari
    Boardwalk Lamborghini
    Boardwalk Porsche
    Boardwalk Audi
    Autoscope Park Cities / Plano
    Park Place Mercedes
    Park Place Porsche
    Sonic Automotive Group
    Beck Automotive Group
    Baillargeon Audi
    Classic BMW
    Nils Sedfelt Volvo
    Point West Volvo
    Just Volvo Parts
    UB Productions / Security and Transportation

In addition to meeting customer demands for luxury automobile service,I have also maintained close contact with the local automotive enthusiast community. As the driving force behind a number of enthusiast groups, I have personally organized regular Sunday Morning Drives through Texas’ scenic roads, including weekend driving retreats across the Southwest. In addition, I also coordinate quarterly high performance driver education programs at closed courses such as Motorsports Ranch. I put together over 25 automotive related events per month and want to build this number to include Ferrari Chat members.

Other Point of Interest :

Board of Directors Mercedes Benz Club of North America
    Star Certified by Mercedes Benz North America
    Published " Best Practices " in National Mercedes Benz publication
    Owner and Director North Texas Audi Group
    Magna Certified through Audi Cars of North America
    CSI Administrator
    Master Certified Technician
    Managed over $1 Million in parts inventory in enclosed warehouse, implementing computerized inventory tracking system back in the 80's!
    Organized and Managed the German car show for Octoberfest for the Town of Addision

I am an active member of these automotive groups:

Ferrari Chat Rossa Member
    Ferrari Club of America
    Lamborghini Club of America - VIP Member since 2011
    DFW Auto Club
    North Texas Audi Group
    Mercedes Benz Club of North Texas
    Porsche Club of America
    6-Speed Online
    Elise Talk
    Brickboard
    Texas Mile / N.A.S.A
    SMART Car Forums North America
    and others

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Part II

1. I am in charge of the Service Department now. The " old " Service department mentality is gone , at least on its way out. Words are cheap, actions speak much louder, so at least wait and see how we are re-engaging with our clients.

2. We work on ALL Ferrari models. It does not matter to me if you drive a Dino, 3x8, TR, California, 458, or an Enzo. We will treat each and every client as our best client, no exceptions. If you have had a poor experience in the past, I would ask that you at least give me a chance to know your side of the story, to understand where we let you down. If not to regain your trust , to at least have the chance to correct it moving forward for other clients.

3. Boardwalk is absolutely " by the book" we have to be , Ferrari sets standards we have to meet and exceed. We are a business and the Service department has to carry their own. If a client who does business with us comes in and needs help , tire pressures are low, quick check of codes ( not diagnosis ), even a " strange noise " etc... we are more than happy to help! There is a difference between helping a client " for free " and having to pay for diagnosis so that they can go somewhere else to get it done cheaper... I think the two are obvious.

4. There will always be the Dealership vs Independant discussion and since I have personally been on both sides ( Boardwalk , Park Place, etc ) as well as Autoscope Park Cities, I feel that I bring both points of view to the table.

James / Norwood is a fantastic option, an option that draws clients from all around the United States. I would go over to their shop back when they were located off NW Highway, just to see what was going on. I would read articles about the cars they put together. The projects that James personally created and worked with we incredible for sure. While I was at Autoscope Park Cities , James and I traded clients and helped each other out whenever possible. When they moved to their current location it made doing business with them much easier and positioned ourselves to help when needed. I was sad to see Mike K leave.

My point is that I have been asked to take charge of the Service Department at Boardwalk Ferrari ( and Masertai ) to get us back on track. I for one KNOW the importance of building relationships. It's as important to me as it is to you. I'm not asking for everyone to just flock to Boardwalk again just because, I'm just asking for the chance to rebuild the relationship we had before.

I've rambled on now, I have my flame suit on as well, I will try and answer what questions or points that may come up in this tread as soon as possible. Feel free to contact me openly, through PM, e-mail, phone call, or even in person.

Steve Fordham
    [email protected]
    972-447-5223 Direct
    972-447-5225 Fax

Thank you for taking the time to read this far.

3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Part III

So, please contact me. Let me know what you need. What you would like to see. What has gone bad in the past. ( You may want to e-mail me this part ) What can I or we engage in that would show that we are interested in regaining your trust. To show we mean it when we say we are in it for the long haul.

If you have suggestions or comments, I am all ears ( and eyes online )

Steve Fordham - Ferrari/Maserati Service Manager
    Larry Neighbors - Service Advisor
    Randy Busch - Parts Manager
    Memo Velasquez - Parts
    Quentin Forge - Inventory Manager

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I've noticed you've been active on here recently and it's great to have a BW rep on here.

I've never dealt with the service dept and have only walked around in the showroom. The salesmen were great to me even though I have no business being in there since I'm not a potential client right now. If the service dept acts anything like the sales team then I would love doing business with BW in the service dept.

Just thought I would add my 2cents.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    328 needs an alignment, so you will see me soon. thanks.

6. DJC Images

DJC Images Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    +1

7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you sir,

S

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Just let us know, we'll make it happen.

S

9. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    CONGRAT'S STEVE

10. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Congrats on the new gig.

11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you Sir!

S

12. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you as well!

S

13. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Coming up on almost 3 years since I started this thread, wow time flys!

Since then we have achieved many milestone:

1. Reconnected with the clients ( To me this has been HAD to be #1 )
    2. Reconnected with the Ferrari Club
    3. Sponsored many Ferrari related events such as F1 watching parties, insta-lunch, movie nights, drives, FCA events, and more
    4. Shop has grown from just 3 technicans to 7! All are Ferrari trained. All have been to refresher " previous generation " Ferrari training, all the way back to the early 70's !
    5. We have delivered multiple La Ferrari's with 2 technicans La Ferrari trained by Ferrari in Italy!
    6. Invested in special tools that allow us to perform repairs as instructed without cutting corners to make do. We have an entire room dedicated to Ferrari Special tools!
    7. Scheduling for service is only a couple days out - Efficiency along with new Policy & Procedures have helped tremendously!
    8. Support Staff has also grown from 2 to 6 with more coming!
    9. Pick up and Delivery has made it even easier for clients to have their vehicles serviced
    10. Two, well trained, enthusiastic, tifosi, Service Advisors
    ( though we really miss Dan! )

We have MANY events planned for 2015 , stay tuned for more information!

I'd like to brag on the team with a few reviews / replies that may not normally be seen here on Ferrari Chat:

Boardwalk Ferrari Maserati of Plano - Ferrari, Maserati, Service Center - Dealership Ratings

Title: Ferrari and Maserati service at Boardwalk-my experience.

Review:
    I was always skeptical of dealer service until I began using Boardwalk. The service staff is intelligent, friendly, and interested in my service concerns. They are very complete with regard to recommended service and preventative maintenance. I have owned a variety of performance cars throughout the years and I really appreciate their thoroughness and their willingness to accommodate any difficulties and preferences. They greatly enhance the pleasure of Ferrari and Maserati ownership. I have dealt with Boardwalk for ten years, and, prior to that, I would have thought it impossible to be pleased with any dealership service department. I will continue to rely on Boardwalk for service on my late model Ferrari and Maserati

Boardwalk Ferrari Maserati of Plano - Ferrari, Maserati, Service Center - Dealership Ratings

Title: Great service experience

Review:
    As a relatively new used-Ferrari owner, I was anxious to take my car in for its first annual service. Having worked with Steve Fordham several years ago as my service advisor on a prior vehicle, I knew that I would be in good hands. After a detailed inspection by Chris, Boardwalk's resident 360 guru, Paul Frey called me with the list of recommded items. Paul took the time to walk me through all the things my car needed now, as well as "watch list" items that could wait for a while before addressing them. Paul allowed me to come in the shop to talk with Chris and take a look at my car while it was up on the lift. The Boardwalk Service Team kept me well informed throughout the service process and, as a result, they have a very satisfied customer. Kudos's to the entire Boardwalk Service Team!

Title: Recent Service

Review:
    I would like to thank all at Boardwalk Ferrari for being so friendly and professional. A special thanks to Paul Frey for calling me in advance to arrange an appointment for when a good time would be for me to bring my California in for service and get it done in super quick time. The service department headed up by Steve Fordham has given me by far the best ownership experience I have had in a long time. There are many dealerships in Dallas that can learn from these guys. Thanks for for helping make my Ferrari car ownership a great one. “

Title: repair of my Ferrari

Review:
    I was surprised how much work my car needed. There was GREAT communication with me. This communication with me established a trust that my work was needed! Thank you Chris and Paul.

Title: Recent Service at Boardwalk Ferrari

Review:
    I had an unusual electrical issue with my Ferrari California. After delivering the vehicle to the dealership, I was notified within a few hours of the cause of the problem. The Boardwalk service team did an excellent job of repairing my vehicle and in very short order. In addition, by tapping into their vast experience, they were able to cut my repair cost by 75%. I cannot compliment them enough. My special thanks go to Paul Frey, my personal service advisor, as well as to Sara Marques and Larry Neighbors for the consistently high level of customer satisfaction they deliver. And of course to the excellent service technicians at the dealership, because, without them, this could not have happened. Thank you. TRW

Title: You are Awesome!! Salute'!

Review:
    We would like to thank the Boardwalk team for an outstanding
    experience from purchasing to service and everything in between.
    Lindsey - we can't say enough about you! Your enthusiasm and passion
    for these cars is what makes us love our cars even more! Thank you for
    all that you do. Paul - you are always so helpful when we need service
    and so knowledgeable when we need the ins and outs of our cars.
    Kudos to all the Boardwalk Ferrari Maserati team!!

Thank you to the entire Ferrari Chat, Ferrari Club, Old Guard , for allowing us to come back and become the Dealership that you expect us to be!

With this said, we are not stopping now, please , let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Anything you would like to see us do , that would help the Ferrari community as a whole , grow!

Thank you for reading all the way to the end!

Steve

14. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Well done Steve !

15. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    I look forward to meeting you. From this thread, seems like you've needed to do some rebuilding over the years. I am a new Ferrari owner in Dallas having just bought a 458 spider.

16. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you sir, now if we can just find you that right replacement Ferrari!
    I see a 458 Italia in your future!

Thank you, welcome to the family!!

We have several Ferrari related events coming up:

3/29 FCA - F1 Watching party @ Frankies Sports Bar in Lewisville

4/25 Ferrari Rally - Boardwalk Ferrari

5/9 Spring Concorso - Boardwalk Ferrari

5/10 FCA F1 Watching Party

5/24 FCA F1 Watching Party

and more!

See you soon,

S

17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    We REALLY need to get those going again. Last one I remember included Steve in an FF accelerating down the 114 service road. Sounded like a sport bike it was revving so high.

18. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I so agree!

Once a month would be reasonable, let's make it happen!

S

19. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Steve,

You also need to take a bow for playing a key part in the upcoming South Central Region's Regional Meet this October 9-11. We all owe you a thanks for marshaling Boardwalk Ferrari into taking the lead as the overall Diamond Sponsor. We would still be wandering in the wilderness without your support for this event.

Jeff

20. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you sir, we are happy to be able to provide support for such an important event for both FCA / FC / BWF!

S

21. jeffb99tx

jeffb99tx Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    '5/9 Spring Concorso - Boardwalk Ferrari'

Hi Steve. Let us know what needs to be done to register for this show. It is coming up in a month and they may want a general head count before that. I take it that other Italian cars are welcome to attend? My Alfa Romeo always wants to visit the home of its most famous descendent.

Cheers and regards,

Jeff

22. jakeg104

jakeg104 Karting

Jan 8, 2014
    TX
    Full Name:
    Jake G
    Steve, i tried to post on DealerRater, but the site doesn't seem to be posting my review, so i wanted to get it over here. Big Kudos to your entire dealership!

I recently purchased an '05 Ferrari 430 from Boardwalk Ferrari, its a dream come true for me.
    During the process of the purchase, i had the pleasure of interacting with a few of the folks at Boardwalk Ferrari, and the experience from start to finish was absolutely fantastic.

My first contact was with Sara over the internet. She was prompt and got me to Sam, the sales person. Being this was my first Ferrari purchase, i was definitely a bit of a 'high demand' client (just from the sheer excitement of having the opportunity to buy a ferrari!) and both Sara and Sam were just great in taking care of all my questions and concerns (BTW, i am in Houston so wasn't able to go see the car in person right away).
    I also met with Mike Letourneau, who was once again, super prompt and very easy to deal with.

I had a few things done to the car with regards to service and had the distinct pleasure of working with Paul Frey in the service department. Considering this was my first ferrari purchase, i was essentially a kid in a candy store, and was almost constantly bugging Paul with updates and questions. Paul was absolutely outstanding in the way we interacted, totally patient and prompt at every step of the way. Your company has a great asset in Paul and I couldn't have been happier with the level of service i received at Boardwalk Ferrari Service and would happily recommend both Boardwalk as well as Paul.

Thank you Boardwalk Ferrari: Sara, Sam, Mike and Paul, for being part of making my dream come true!

23. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you for your kind words, this is what we work so hard to accomplish!

Welcome to the family and hopefully will see you at the upcomig regional event!

S

24. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have purchased 5 cars from Boardwalk, the most recent of which a brand new Speciale this month. I have had nothing but excellent service from them and consider them to be the cream of the crop of Ferrari dealers. Steve, Lindsey and Brian have all been super with me - - very patiently showing me inventory many times before I made a purchase decision (several times not in their favor). I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a Ferrari or Maserati.

25. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Mark,

Thank you for your kind review as well!

We look forward to having you out at the Concorso next weekend with all your new bits and pieces!

S