Boxers are dead here this is Newmans section lol | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Boxers are dead here this is Newmans section lol

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by petearron, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    When was this recently?

The guys at the factory today are not whom I would call experts in any way with the older Ferraris from the 60s and 70s.

There are many experts around that have worked at Independent Ferrari shops for years as mechanics then opened there shops, not jumped from a Ford Dealer to restoring Ferraris to cash in on the recent boom, huge difference.

I said what I needed here no need to talk about Newman anymore, he never should have **** talked about my old car when his work is so open to criticize easily.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Your old car was a crap box. Newman called you on it. Your bum hurts because of it. That is why you have such a hard on for him. Newman knows these cars better then most and that includes the dealers and perhaps the factory. Get over it already. You are presenting yourself as quite the ass.

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Some people learn on their own - they don't need to be taught. Who taught Enstein or Newton? I've learned many things in my life on my own. While I've never seen Paul's work in person, the posts here are amazing. It's clear he is a detail guy.

Not sure I even understand the point of this thread.

4. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    #29 petearron, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2017
    Lol Ok

No Newman and I have gotten into it before that, you have your opinion I have mine you or Newman have never seen my old car in person so your opinion is meaningless.

But I can see by his work putting in a stupid product like Dynomat that guys throw in there 68 Chargers lol anywhere it can be laid in a Boxer thats supposely being restored the skill set of the person doing it, add some shiny bolts and a $2.99 can of Krylon semi gloss from Home Depot on the frame call it restored lol make out the big invoice to customer.

Not everyone is a fan of Newman here Ive gotten a few private emails learned even more about his character LOL

Yeah I am ass lol but Newmans not **** talking to anyone that disagrees with him thats the point of this thread, anyone that knows any real knowledge about these cars doesn't post here because of him they will get chased out, its all about the $$.

5. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Tbaowski, Newman knows more about these cars than most and the dealers ? Lol Ok sure the few hes taken apart havent been hacked up all along the way? He learned all this in a few short years ? Now hes an expert ok lol. Gee I had my Boxer several years before Newman touched one back when he had that ratty yellow 308 he restored and worked on it myself as well, i have been doing it longer than him guess I should add self proclaimed Ferrari Technician Consultant to my title. LOL

Like I said Newman and I have gotten into it before, the incompetent statements he made about it brought it to a head bewteen us and I have watched this section fade to nothing when it comes to Boxers, don't even bother checking just too slow you can look every 2 months catch up on all the Boxer talk in 5 minutes. Anyway looks like you are a Dynomat fan too more power to you.

6. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

He can't just take his ball and go home, He has to piss on the whole game.

7. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Time to test the "Ignore" feature for the first time..

8. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Tbaowski one last comment, your the ass here, my old crap box as you and Newman called it has been flipped at least 5 times since I sold it selling upwards of $300k, you just insulted at least 5 Boxer owners calling them stupid for owning a crap box and paying so much, you are a real genius for your customers and shops credibility. Lol

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So it appears you are more upset about money lost? I didn't insult anybody, you are upset with Newman and his comments regarding your car. That is why you are upset with him. This does not involve anybody else on this board at all. You started a thread of insults towards newman..expect the same in return.

10. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Having seen the work Newman did on Crowndog's 308 I'd say he does pretty sweet work. What makes you the Gods gift to Ferrarichat?

11. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff

Not true, Newmans been a dickhead to me and others long before the issue of my old car has been brought up time and time again, who cares about my old car I don't even own it its a mute point but perfect example of how he acts, you defending him doesn't look good either.

At one time this forum was very busy with Boxer threads its not been that way in a long time just pointing out why.

12. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Lol ok, never said I was but the experts don't want to post here, get flamed and beat on for little benefit, why would they take the risk telling there special knowledge they accumulated over many years only to get punked by some that don't have their experience and think they know better. Some are here because they can get clients make alot of money off them especially lately with the huge run up in prices.

13. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    I have no regrets on what I sold my old crap box for lol, I bought a faster cooler car thats appreciated double and pocketed a bunch of $$ and made more on that capital I put in my business. I am very happy with my decision, when you mention FChat to F Car dealers, classic car sellers and shops you get rolled eyes and comments like I don't post there get beat up for no reason LOL, its because the selective dominators that control each forum protect there territory, Joe Sackey is another here on the Lambo forum, they scare away the competition, its big bucks $$ at stake here LOL.

14. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    #39 petearron, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    In case anyone missed it heres my old cra box as stated by Newman and Tbabowski LOL

Heres the list of things I did its pretty much the same as when I sold it save factory spark plug wires put on.

New paint Franks Autobody took a year, had many issues old aluminum straightening piled on bondo rear deck lid and stress cracks in front hood aluminum by hinges.
    New Eibach racing springs lowering the car and reducing unsprung weight by a few lbs per corner.
    New Konis 6
    Carb work all rebuilt took 6 months
    New tires knock offs spinners had factory octagons on.
    A bunch of other work rebuilt distributor by factory tech, wires etc
    Other stuff can't remember

How many cars have you done that have their own video ? LOL

NO Dynomat to be found in it.

15. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    If I may, I think I few things have added to this as a combination off. I seen many posters slamming people like rifle driver for his free advice and being frustrated. We have also seen some other attacks on pricing when prices were increasing that people were slamming the boxer as well, and the testarossa. We also have Instagram and other social media that people have now gravitated too that has helped in the slow down. Finally, I think a deter all these years, many people have discussed the same topics multiple times now, that asking questions can be easily searched now.
    So you see, a few factors have helped in the slow down of boxer threads.

16. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Image Unavailable, Please Login I have never witnessed Paul act in the manner that you are describing. He has always been very helpful to anyone that has asked for his advice. So, I agree with many here that I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Are you sure that you are from Las Vegas and not the Eastern suburbs of Toronto? If that were the case, it would make perfect sense. By the way, it's Dynamat, not Dynomat. Here are a few pics of the great work that Paul has done in the past on my Boxer!! Seems like he knows what he is doing!

17. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

18. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    That car was called

parts car
    clapped out
    turd

looks and sounds good to me.

19. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    With an open forum like this, trollers can type anything. Some do it just to piss off people. Learned a lot from this forum!

20. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Yup and worse, its been featured with my wife a model on sites as well.

I put a lot of time, money and work in that car, posted a lot of pics here over the years for some self rightous jerk that thinks he runs this section to insult the car the old saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

I don't own it anymore so who cares, but its a public record here of the sn and the people that did buy it and the current owner dont deserve this bashing by some with an agenda.

21. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Not
    To a lay person maybe, to me I see a engine on a stand that could have been painted silver from a rattle can and some shiny zinc plated bolts thats it tells nothing more. If its been rebuilt want to know how straight the crank is if its in spec, what pistons used, if the bore had been sleeved, bore specs for each cylinder, piston deck height, piston ring gap settings, cam profile, brand of bearings used, cam timimg on and on. The pic tells nothing.

The decision to put a heavy American muscle car product everywhere it can go into a rare number last handmade Ferrari tells me all I need to know, its the tip of the iceberg.

22. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Leave on a good note. Here's the parts car. Crapbox clapped out Boxer that's been featured online all over with my wife LOL

Attached Files:

23. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Brian Brown
    David Feinberg
    Mitch Alsup

All awesome Ferrari techs that helped me over the years with my old Boxer haven't posted here in years and the late JRV.

These guys are the real deal if you ever need a restoration or work

24. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    #50 Dave rocks, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Brian Brown and Mitch Alsup actively post here - not sure what you are talking about. And, Dave F does not do restoration work, only mechanical service work. In fact, I believe a customer pulled a car from his facility and took it to Newman to have it completed, and it was done so very well by Newman.