Boycott Park Place & Four Seasons | FerrariChat

Boycott Park Place & Four Seasons

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rob lay, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    This is complete bull****. Has happened to me and Jack Griffin in the past. A club and enthusiasts come up with great idea for a show and do all the work making it popular, then at some point the site hijacks it for themselves. Four Seasons played games and stalled the Ferrari Club this year and then they come up with this Supercar show that has the same ideas presented to them from Ferrari Club. Did Park Place see how Boardwalk was involved in past, so played some politics?

That isn't even the biggest issue! They scheduled it on top of Italian Car Fest, which has been scheduled since last year and has been going on for 14 years. Italian owners should support the show that has supported them by being consistent and run by enthusiasts, not greedy corporate interests. I can understand going with a non-Italian, but what piece of **** would take an Italian car there instead of Carfest?

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

sucks, but common business practice.

I've seen similar activities for years from a VERY major retailer in crafts and hobbies. Go in, sell them on a great idea. They sell your stuff for a couple years, then farm it out to a foreign manufacturer and show you the door.

Big companies operate in a different world than you and I. It's less about doing what's right, and more about doing what they want to pump up the numbers and push profits to the bottom line.

Oh, and what POS would go there instead? Plenty of them, I suspect. Only time will tell, but not everyone is familiar with Italian Fest, but they sure as hell will know about the show at the Four Seasons.

D

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Italian Carfest has been around 14 years, very popular event supported by all the Italian clubs. The Ferrari and Lamborghini dealer are owned by Boardwalk, a competitor of Park Place and since Boardwalk supported the Ferrari Club Four Seasons show in past, maybe that's why they did it? Only Italian Park Place has is Maserati. Park Place does have some other "supercars" Bentley, Bugatti, McLaren, and Lotus. I don't have a problem with non-Italians going there and yes there will be a very small group of Italian exotic owners that haven't heard of Carfest, but then again they wouldn't know who Enzo was and we don't want them anyway. ;)

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I bet I could think of some people... ;)

Pretty classless moves.

5. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Disappointing. I really liked the last few years with the Four Seasons event. That being said, I would much rather go to ICF.

6. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    #6 Chewys5, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Last year was the only year we invited another car brand to the Four Seasons event. Looking back that was a bad decision. The "Other" club asked if they could get More cars in four days before the event. I told them the event was "FULL". They then called me EVERYDAY asking the same question. They then proceeded to lie to the people at the gate and told them I said it was okay. Then just drove past quickly. This same person told their friends how to get in by walking around the gate.

If you remember every car had dash plaques and every person had a lanyard. These were the rules set up by the Four Seasons. So the Ferrari club got blamed for this one persons wreckless actions.

I was told there was a group in one of the restaurants that had dinner drinks and wine. Then proceeded to argue with the waiter telling them they were with the Lamborghini club. They should not have to pay. I honestly do not know who this was.

So given rules were broken and their staff was basically harassed. A small part of me can see why they are taking it over. So if you liked the event and you realize how much work went into it. You have only one person to thank for ruining it.

7. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
    Thanks for posting Rob. Certainly disappointing and unfortunate. The attendance will speak for itself.

8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Well that sucks. My wife was looking forward to the Four Seasons shindig.
    T

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The job Shawn did from FCA at Four Seasons past years was awesome. Didn't conflict with any other events either! This year it will be Carfest, that's always a good time.

10. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I used to know someone within' their corporate office who left last year. Wish I could give you some insider info to answer your questions, Rob.

I planned on attending to the Four Seasons show, but seeing how it is on the same day as ICF, I know which one I will continue to see.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thanks Rick.

12. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Thanks for the kind words Rob. This was a group effort with Boardwalk and all of our members that volunteer their time and energy. A big thank you to Steve Fordham & Pantea , Chris & Jennifer W., Brian Schultz , Kasia Johnson and Greg and Theresa Lusk. A big thanks to everyone that came out every year. Let's be honest we could plan the coolest event. If no one showed up it would be a failure!!

13. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    like school on a Saturday....no class ;)

14. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    The event at the Four Seasons was simply awesome! We attended the last two years and displayed one of our cars "on the lawn" during the events. We were very disappointed to hear that the event was not going to happen this year, but just had to accept it. Boardwalk and the local FCA chapter did a great job putting this event together and it was truly an amazing evening. This year it will be ICF for us. Looking forward to attending.

15. Orange72

Orange72 Rookie

Sep 14, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    Full Name:
    Bob Dezzany
    I just wanted to thank the FerrariChat supporters of ItalianCarFest who posted complimentary statements about ICF - we sincerely appreciate it. I, too, would have preferred the Park Place show not being the same weekend as ICF, however, it is.
    I'll just take this opportunity to invite the FerrariChat community to once again come out to Grapevine for ICF on Sept 9th and join us - we would love to have you. You have always supported our show and we thank you for that. Please visit ItalianCarFest.org for all the details.

Bob Dezzany
    Chairman, ItalianCarFest

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    let us know what we can do! I'm trying to get the Challenge car back out there.

17. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Wow that really sucks.
    Who.
    Name names and make them accountable.

18. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Max Von Brand.

19. bcc

bcc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 31, 2006
    DFW Texas
    Full Name:
    Brent
    My family and I never miss it - See you there.

20. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    ^^thats unfortunate, but it also explains why I got an indifferent shrug when I ran into him at Cars & Cannoli and asked where the FCA guys were.

21. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Myself nor a single club member ever received a apology for ruining the event for everyone. It just goes to show how much concern there is for other people.

22. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    very unfortunate about the four seasons...that was such a great event! it would've been a really nice annual tradition for the club. but I'm confident FCA leadership will find some great alternatives.

stay classy ;)

23. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    We have a house with limited parking where we are rescheduling the event!!

24. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Exactly! Fits the classic definition of a corporation:

A corporation is an artificial being, invisible, intangible, and existing only in contemplation of law. Being the mere creature of law, it possesses only those properties which the charter of its creation confers upon it, either expressly, or as incidental to its very existence.

Corporation Definition

25. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    I haven't posted in a while, and someone brought up this thread and its allegations in regards to last year's Four Season's event to me. I usually would not engage in this kind of conversation, but since my name was publicly brought up in a manner that I find unacceptable, with facts that are just not true, I want to bring up a couple of points to set the record straight in regards to last year’s event.
    1. The Lamborghini Club is run by its board members, there is no president. I’m not sure why my name is being singled out to begin with, since we always have governed the club through its board as a unit.
    2. The Lamborghini Club had 13 cars registered to participate at the event. There were only 10 or 11 Lamborghinis in attendance at the end.
    3. Throughout the event, neither I, nor anyone else from the Lambo board was manning the entrance. No one from our side told anyone how to get in by walking around a gate. If my memory serves me correctly, there was one Lamborghini that attended, who was supposed to be on the list, which was maybe never put on the list, although it had been communicated. Either way, the Lamborghini Club did not invite people to the event that were not invited. In the end there were 10 or 11 Lambos in attendance as opposed to the 13 submitted, and approved.
    4. Any patron not paying for their dinner is unacceptable. None of our board members ever heard of any member of the Lamborghini Club not paying for their dinner at the event. There was absolutely nothing communicated to me, or any other board member of that happening. So if this was truly the case, I am sure a simple phone call /email could have cleared up the situation.
    5. No harassing of any staff occurred from any Board member of the Lamborghini Club or any member to our knowledge. Again, this is something out of the blue that none of us has heard about.
    In the end, car clubs put on events for their members to enjoy. It should be a community of car enthusiasts, who are passionate about luxury automobiles. The FCA did a great job with the Four Season’s event, as it had done in prior years. To insinuate that the Lamborghini Club, I, or any of our board had anything to do with the discontinuation of the event is preposterous, insulting on a personal and professional level, and outright wrong. There had never been a single piece of communication between the Lamborghini Club and the Four Seasons, and none of us had been involved in any planning of the event or possible future events.
    Anyone who has been around the high-end car community will probably agree that it always has and always will bring out people with large egos. Falsely accusing others and organizations behind their back has never helped anyone and is unprofessional to say the least. A lot of work goes into planning events, especially to the extent of some of the FCA events. Tempers can flare high during stressful planning and execution, but in the end respect and rationality should trump drama and gossip. It saddens me to read the above accusations, and I wish this would have been preempted with open communication to clear things up. There are always two sides to every story, and it’s only fair to hear both.