Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI

Discussion in '308/328' started by Robb, Mar 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I understand the kids accept
    Jon as Dad......

But that's going to take time IMO...Her Will is going to govern these things, as probated by a Judge.

2. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    See post above.....

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's so great ,to watch the funds.......

4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    The second fund was set up by one of Amanda's colleagues at the college. I believe the fund will be controlled by Amanda's sister to disperse for the kids future school needs. Both funds will benefit the kids. On one side, There was concern that Jon's possible (unknown) medical costs could use up some funds that some wanted to directly benefit the kids future college funds. And on the other side there were questions of guardianship of the kids and future family structure with a biological dad popping back into the picture.

Not really our place to speculate on this and we should try to be supportive and respect much of their remaining privacy, I'm sure all will agree. So people have two simple and positive options with similar intentions. One in Jon's hands, one in Amanda's sisters hands.

Please continue to get the word out and show your support. I will try to keep updating the group on the fundraising status and Jon's condition as family feels is appropriate.

Prayers and thoughts continue from so many.

Robb

5. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
  6. HKPOR

HKPOR Rookie

Apr 1, 2016
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Heather Pepperdine
    Thank you for letting me know. I will let Robb share the details on Jon's page since he has been driving this. The support you all have on here for each other is amazing!

7. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    I just made a donation to the boys' fund and it's up to 11k in just a few hours! Nothing can replace their mother but we can all do our little part to make things just a little easier. Hopefully we can keep the momentum...

8. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    And over the long term, keeping that momentum going will be harder, and more important, both to Jon & the kids.

Go Jon go!

9. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Family court, not probate, has jurisdiction over minors in CA. Generally the father will get custody but for some compelling reason. Her will can state her intentions and can be considered by the court.

10. jcnesq

jcnesq Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    SoCal
    I started a thread over on the 356 Registry about the accident and have posted the fundraising information. I'll also make sure it is posted on Rennlist.

And donated. Didn't know Jon but I am heartbroken by this, and especially want to help the kids.

11. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

12. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Just donated to the cause.

Please keep us posted Robb.

13. jcnesq

jcnesq Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    SoCal
  14. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #514 Robb, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #515 Robb, Apr 2, 2016
  16. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Terrible tragedy, I am in for both, also posted this to the Mondial section for the guys who don't get out much.
    Alden

17. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I just got back into town and have read the sad news in regards to Amanda.

She was a beautiful woman with two beautiful boys.

Condolences to her family and loved ones.

Thoughts are with Jon for a speedy recovery.

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #518 johnk..., Apr 3, 2016
  19. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #519 Robb, Apr 3, 2016
    The campaign for Jon and the kids that we set up has raised over $12,000 in 24 hours. I see this morning that the other 'Help Amanda's Boys' campaign is no longer active. I will ask those organizers for an update.

In the meantime, it is full support ahead for Jon and the kids through our campaign:

https://www.gofundme.com/rfx3nbdw#

Please consider a donation if you have thought of helping a cause this year.

Robb
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven

It's gone for some reasons. Haven't done this one yet, but I'll wait up now to make sure...

21. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Like alot of others on here I never met Jon.
    I also just donated and its great to see this community coming together for this cause.
    I am proud to be a memeber of FChat when I see all the love towards Jon.
    Hang in there Jon, Get well soon, We got this!

22. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Update:

The second gofundme campaign for Amanda and her Kids has been halted based on family wishes for future privacy. There are questions primarily about interpreting Amanda's will and testament and moving forward within their family.

Because of this wish I will be removing reference to her kids from our gofundme effort to fully concentrate on Jon's medical expenses and rehabilitation. Jon still needs our support - nothing has changed with this. Please continue to support Jon. He will have time to get his life together and decide for their futures. He is still in Serious condition at the hospital.

Here is the link for the current fund:

Robb

23. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #523 Robb, Apr 3, 2016
    Update:

Based on privacy requests from Amanda's family and her last will and testament, I have edited our gofundme campaign to reference forward as 'Jon Warshawsky Medical Fund'

No other real functional changes. We are moving ahead supporting Jon and his recovery.

Thank you all to the group for your thoughts, prayers, and support for him and his family.

Robb
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Thank you Robb.
    While I applaud everyone's willingness to help, let's respect their privacy. IMHO, this is not the time nor the place to debate parental custody and such of these two families. As any of us should understand, we would not want our personal lives discussed on a public forum, and especially so after the tragedy these two families have been dealt.

25. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    While we're supposed to say nice things at times like this the honest truth is the only emotion I can feel is rage and anger that the pure selfishness of the person behind the other wheel. I didn't know the victims but from the photos posted here they both look like beautiful, positive people and now one is gone and the other in serious trouble. And all for the sake of a toke. Sometimes I don't understand the world.

Best wishes, for what it's worth.