Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI

Discussion in '308/328' started by Robb, Mar 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Truly tragic and deeply saddened.

Life is a truly precious, beautiful gift.

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    We are at $14,000 raised for Jon as of this morning. I would expect most people to come back online Monday to see the link for the first time.

Please pm your Ferrarichat friends to make sure they are aware of the tragedy and our efforts for support.

Thank you.

Robb

3. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I have updated my signature with the link to the gofundme page to support Jon's recovery. So if readers see my posts elsewhere, they can quickly see where they can go to support the cause.

Thanks again for the support from the group and making a difference.

Robb

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I suspect her license was already long gone. Does not prevent one from driving.

5. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    $$ support sent, be strong amigo!

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    +1. I appreciate that everyone's concerned but some of the comments speculating and prying into that are in extremely poor taste, imho. Let's just see what we can do to help Jon through this and when he is ready, he can ask the group for help regarding Amanda's situation. Our relationship is with Jon and that's where our comments should start and finish. i am sure that Amanda's colleagues and friends know that we are concerned and ready to help but let them have their time to come to peace with it all. As nice as it is and as concerned as we all are, it is just not our place.

7. tinterow

tinterow Formula 3

Nov 1, 2014
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Chaya Tinterow
    Will the Amanda fund be rolled in to the Jon fund or will we be getting refunds so we can redonate to Jon...I hope so :)

8. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Perfectly said. +1

Robb

9. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I will update the group as information becomes available.

Robb

10. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Let me know how much your donation was and I will refund it. That way you don't come across as uncaring and portray your self in a bad light, it will be our little secret.

11. tinterow

tinterow Formula 3

Nov 1, 2014
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Chaya Tinterow
    Kim, I respectfully don't need your refund or your misinterpretation of my comment. As the son of a tireless fundraiser for cancer research, I can assure you that my concern and hope that the donations go where they are appreciated and needed most, is extremely caring. When a donation is given it is fundamentally correct to know where it goes. And if our efforts were shut down, we should be given the opportunity to "redonate", as I said, to the cause of our choice. If you would have read carefully, instead of jumping to a conclusion, you would have seen a refund wasn't asked for to return to my pocket, it was in the hope that all the money may be used by Jon, our colleague on this forum...

12. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Update:

the fund that a colleague set up 'the help Amanda 's kids' gofundme has just been put on pause while control has been passed to her Sister for Administration. I'm sure the group can understand the monumental tasks they have been given and the grief they have been suffering.

All money donated that fund is safe and will be heading toward the kids.

So until they move through this difficult transition, let's continue to focus on supporting Jon and his recovery. He has another surgery Monday. Let's continue the good karma for his recovery.

https://www.gofundme.com/rfx3nbdw#

Robb

13. tinterow

tinterow Formula 3

Nov 1, 2014
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Chaya Tinterow
    Thanks for the explanation, Robb. Kudos for your efforts!

14. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Jon. Speedy recovery. Get well.

15. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
  16. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    The fund is ready to top $ 15,000

Robb

17. tomkatf

tomkatf F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 25, 2004
    San Diego...East Co.
    Full Name:
    Tom F.
    Thank you for your efforts, Robb...You're a great friend.

Godspeed to Jon...

T

18. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    A fund was setup for the kids and the public was solicited to make donations. When considering a donation, of primary concern was that all monies would go directly to the kids. Thorny items like legal custody, Amanda's will, who is administering the fund, etc. could make a world of difference to where my $ would end up. There are too many stories about how adults squander funds intended for children.

My intent was never to get into people's personal lives. The replies received in this thread (and PM) contained far more information than ever asked for. Now that Amanda's family has suspended the kids fund, we should have those posts redacted/deleted to be in alignment with their wishes for privacy.

Those wishing to continue casting aspersions may do so via PM. Meanwhile, let's get back to supporting Jon.

19. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    PM's are a wonderful thing. Happy to talk any time.

Robb

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #545 sherpa23, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Rick, that was not directed at you and don't think that anything you did was untoward so let me be more clear in what I'm saying: there's nothing wrong with asking where your donation is going to go. That's called prudence and everyone should do it. However, to me there is something fundamentally wrong with speculating on the kids relationship with their father, comments like "accepting Jon as dad," etc. when we really don't know anything at all. Again, that's just not our place and I know that if I passed away in a tragic accident and people with no direct knowledge or interaction were speculating on my children and their relationship with anyone, I would not be happy. Amanda's passing is not open license for people to discuss her children and their father, father-figure, or relationships with anyone by people who have no direct relationship with them and can only speculate from afar.

When Jon gets better, if he wants to come here and share all of that and other personal information so that we can understand it, that's totally fine and then it becomes something we can discuss collectively because as at that point, to a certain extent, it does become our business. But until then, our business primarily is Jon and we need to focus on supporting him. Amanda's family knows that we want to help and can help and we care deeply. That's enough for now. Let them take the lead and come forward when they're ready (or Jon, like I said).

Moving on: I feel absolutely horribly about this in so many ways. A lot of this is new for all of us. There are lots of things that we all want to do to help and to make things better but we have to be careful to not jump the gun. We are already seeing that with the GoFundMe stuff. What's really important is that Jon has a long way to go and this will go on for a while. The shock means that everyone wants to do something right now but if Jon is still in the hospital in 6 months, I hope that we still have this same level of support. If we let things take their course and if everyone can contribute their help in their respective ways at the right time until everything gets sorted, I think that Jon will be better off for it. Again, just my opinion.

21. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    The fund has reached $16,000 in support of Jon's recovery.

Robb

22. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    Such a tragedy. I've donated.

Not to derail the thread, but possession of medical pot prescriptions will be the defense for many DUIs going forward.

23. obertRo

obertRo Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2014
    Holland, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    My feelings exactly.
    I met Jon through Fchat, and he was the guiding hand for helping me buy my first Ferrari. What a kind and generous guy. Words cannot express...

24. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    I admire what everyone is doing, but for privacy of the kids it would be better to move this thread to a subscribed only section ?

25. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Don't want to derail any conversation any further, but here in New Zealand driving while under the influence of any medication or drug that might impair your driving is a crime. In the event of an accident or erratic behavior, the authorities reserve the right to test whether the driver is driving while impaired by drugs or prescription medication........... Whether cannabis is legal or not, it should be just as much a crime as driving while drunk.....

My thoughts go out to Jon and his family at this very sad time.