Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI

Discussion in '308/328' started by Robb, Mar 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JMNGTB

JMNGTB Rookie

Dec 25, 2008
    Medical pot it is not to use to drive or consume behind the wheel. Good luck with the Defense on that one. The entire car community needs to take note.

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    #552 Dave rocks, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just received an email from Amanda's campaign that it is closed and all donation will go to the family. It was advised that other campaigns for her cause will be launched soon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    92 people in 1 day raised over $16,000 for Jon. Let's keep it going

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

san diego news just reported an update minutes ago. they finally released Amanda's name and confirmed her passing. there was no mention of the go fund me page nor any mention of jon's health.

they also made no mention of the offending driver other than she was believed to be stoned.

5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Our fund for Jon has reached $17,000.

Robb

6. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This is a horrible thing that happened, I'm so sad to read about it. I saw the story about Jon's car on Petrolicious and thought it was great, and though I don't seem to remember any specific exchange with him here, I can see he was a very popular guy. I think it is amazing that the FChat community is rallying around this, and will try to donate some money soon.

Best wishes to Jon, and to Amanda's family in this hard time.

7. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Won't work on my iPhone. Put in info and it just keeps putting the progress bar up. Is it just me?

8. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Hmm I have an ad blocker. That may be the problem.

9. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I talked again to Jon's brother today.

It is a very stressful time for all. He wanted me to pass on many thanks for the thoughts, prayers and donations. They are ALL helping Jon.

The brother was ironically (and sadly) sideswiped on his motorcycle by a DUI last year so this is somewhat of a sad repeat.

He was told that the police arrested the DUI who hit Jon and Amanda and that she will be fully prosecuted.

I'll be touching base with Jon's dad Monday. They may need some help with an errand or two in the area but until I touch base with him, I won't know for sure. Please let me know if you are in his area in San Diego who could help for a very short stint.

Jon's brother is fine with people knowing how Jon is doing, but I think we need to steer clear of any details to respect his recovery and of course HIPPA regulations.

Thank you again for the help.

Robb

10. ferraripete

she is currently detained. she was unable to post her $3mm bail.

pm me if there is anything I can do.

pcb

11. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Utterly brutal news, so sorry to read the news in this thread :(

12. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    There is an almost overwheling amount of sadness in this long thread. Injury, death, family woe, health strife, legal issues, anger, sorrow, loss. But I wrote ALMOST. Because look at the one shining spot of greatness...
    All these people with almost nothing in common, many of whom aren't personal friends with Bullfighter or even with each other, who sometimes even snipe each other, coming together to help someone merely because they are part of a website, because we share a silly car hobby, because we all have some affiliation to liking Ferraris or Porsches - machines, fun as they may be, essentially truly soulless (despite my "love" of my cars).
    I think it is beautiful - the outpouring of well wishes and time and energy and prayers and poetry. And these things are happening, really, because each person feels it is the right thing to do. The moral certitude that helping someone in need is the proper action. How great is this?
    I'm proud to be a part of FerrariChat today. Even if I don't own an Fcar anymore. This is quite a collection of good people.

(feeling human and sappy today)

13. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #563 Robb, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. ferraripete

thank you for stating what I have been marveling at. I just wish we could turn back time:(

15. tomkatf

tomkatf F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 25, 2004
    San Diego...East Co.
    Full Name:
    Tom F.
    Hi Robb,

I'm in the San Diego area and will do anything I can, just let me know...

T

16. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    I have to add to the already stated sentiments, that I am gutted that Amanda's life was cut short and her beloved children, Jon, family and friend's lives will never be the same due to a senseless act of self absorption.

Community takes many forms these days, and this outpouring is an example that caring still exists in pure form.

May Amanda's memory be eternal. My continued fervent prayers for Jon's recovery and peace, and for Amanda's family and friends.

17. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven

Well said! Truly amazing to see how a group of individuals mostly never met coming together and pull this off. Only because of the basic humanity of care for others!

18. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Great post Jonathan!

19. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    One of Jon's friends and former colleagues sent me this PM that she thought I could share:

It's a great idea. Jon can get ecards at

Sharp Memorial Hospital - Jon Warshawsky. Follow the link below.

Robb

Robb,

Since there is such on outpouring here for Jon, and ICU limits what people can send as far as gifts to the room, the hospital has a free ecard service for patients. One does not need to know the room number only the name of the patient.

I have used the service and it appears to work. One does not get confirmation of their message being delivered due to hospital privacy rules, but it might be another way for people to express their condolences and encouraging words. Jon might not have the ability to look at a computer much right now, so written messages that get hand delivered to him and his father might be uplifting.

The link is below.

https://www.sharp.com/ecard/index.cfm

"Send an e-card: Your personalized e-card will be printed at the hospital and hand-delivered to your friend or family member within one to two business days."

Once again, thank you for keeping us updated.

Best
    Heather

20. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Friends,

We are all part of this community and I think of all of you as family. When one of us is hurting we all are. When one of us needs help we will all pitch in...

Rob

21. jcnesq

jcnesq Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    SoCal
    Amen. I'm a pcar guy, didn't know Jon. But we are all part of a special community and I have been moved greatly by this and my heart goes out to Jon, Amanda, her kids, and their families.

Lost my mind and got a Harley 18 months ago. I've also found that the biker community is similar, shared interest and a common bond, lots of good folks no matter how gnarly they look.

22. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Just saw this. My God, how horrible. Wishing Jon a speedy recovery.

My heart goes out to Amanda's family and children.

23. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Such horribly sad news. My thoughts are with Jon and the 2 boys.

24. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Such sadness ... and frustration with the offending driver.

And then again, the people here ... so sweet. Fchat has some great people. I don't know most all of the names here, didn't know Jon from the FF corner where I hang, but am copying the Sig, and will gladly pay to the fund.

He has a great smile, I hope it shines again on another day. And the boys, prayers for them.

25. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    What an absolutely amazing community!!

I consider myself extremely privileged to know each of you, even if only through the pixels on my computer screen.

PDG