Cali T HS window issue | FerrariChat

Cali T HS window issue

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Avia11, Aug 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Hi guys,

I have a 2016 cali t HS, and I am having a window issue and I want to know if anyone else has experienced it or how to fix it.

Many times when I come back to my car, I find the windows are open by approximately 25% of the total window height.

Initially I thought I was pressing the window button when getting my wallet when I exited the car but now I am being certain to completely close the windows before I leave. The windows are intermittently open when I come back to the car. If I close them they close completely and seal. Once I close the door they seal.

Has anyone had this issue? What should I do about it?

Thanks

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Weird I have one as well, 2017, and nothing like that has happened. I do howeve have an annoying squeaking type sound coming from behind my left ear. I think it's the door or pillars rubbing because it only happens over bumpy surfaces.

3. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    ummmmmm sorry for the stupid question...

it turns out that if you hold down the unlock door it rolls down the windows.

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ooh. BTW my turbo cluster is off. Is there a way to turn back on?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Not stupid. I didn't know the key fob would do that. So, how you liking your new Cali?
    T

6. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Tom- it is pretty much the most amazing car I have ever owned. Especially after the HS upgrade. To me the Cali T HS is worth every penny. Its beautiful. It sounds amazing. It handles great. After owning it for a few months, I am beginning to wonder if all of the people that rip on it, have actually driven it.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I'm so glad to hear that. Perhaps, but if people on the internet only commented on things that they had direct knowledge of, it'd probably occupy about 5 Mb of space! Keep enjoying your car.
    T

8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Haha good point Tom. Yes it's one amazing ride. It's almost a 488 with the totally flexibility of everyday use.

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Arguably (if you're biased like me!) one of the greatest V8 Ferrari - useable every day, sporty when you want it to be, coupe to convertible in 13 seconds, first use of DT by Ferrari plus a few other technical firsts for F, apparently don't have to play dealer games to get one, 2 of 3 owners are new to the marque, etc. And, as my wife says, they've made so many of the dang things you can drive it with impunity and not give a rat's behind about mileage, future value, etc.! ;)

I also suspect that if they had not used a hallowed name from the past like California and called it the Portofino to start with, a lot fewer purists would have gotten their panties in a knot.

T

10. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Perfectly said. BTW what is DT?

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Oops. Good catch. DCT!

Per Wiki, other technical first for the Cali line...

The California represents a number of firsts for Ferrari:
    The first front engined Ferrari with a V8
    The first to feature a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission
    The first with a folding metal roof
    The first with multi-link rear suspension
    The first with direct petrol injection

The T was also the first turbo since the F40 IIRC...T