Cars & Coffee Camp Hill PA | Page 34 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee Camp Hill PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Jazzman, Apr 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    John,

Good catch on the Mayan thing. I'm going to be making some calls about that 300-mile F40 this afternoon. Heck, I may even spring for the major service when it gets delivered.

2. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #827 Challenge, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    By the way, Merry Christmas & happy holidays to all. Be safe and let's make 2012 an enjoyable one!

3. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Ah yes Merry Christmas and happy new years to everyone as well :) I will let you know how new years is .......... from Vegas :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

4. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hannuka and Happy New Years to all! See you all next year. For at least a year.

5. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Anyone interested in meeting at Sophia's on Saturday? I could be there around 9:00 AM. Vicki is not sure yet whether she can make it. I don't know about your area but our township and Penn Dot dumped alot of cinders and salt on all the roads Monday night and Tuesday morning so I won't be driving the 430 although the weather forecast for Saturday looks decent.

6. cyocum

cyocum Karting

May 16, 2010
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I am up for it. There are areas up here with salt on the road--especially bridges. The 355 is in hibernation until a good rain to wash away the salt!

7. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ken,

I can't make it this weekend. You guys have fun.

On a separate note, I saw a Scuderia (red w/ silver stripes) on 15 north in Mechanicsburg this afternoon. I figured it was just Tom cruising with his new Christmas present.

Kevin

8. cyocum

cyocum Karting

May 16, 2010
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I saw a silver 430 on 322 at the Red Rabbit/Clarks Ferry heading East on a Flat Bed, I think it may have been Tom's second Christmas gift arriving!

9. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    #834 jrinehart, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    I'm going to be in the Mondial. Need to give her a whirl tomorrow before Cavallino.

11. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Well folks I am back along with my car. All is well. I just thought I would share with you my recent experience at Radcliff Motorcar in Owings Mills, Md.
    As you may recall my last flight at altitude along with a custom radiator and new A/C system, new cat, thermostat, evaporator,expansion valve etc brought me to Radcliff's for repair and refitting. I picked up my car today and I am happy to report EVERYTHING works!!!!! Now for some detail and inside experiences. Number one in my book is comunication, A+ everything, every step of the way was explained to me in a courteous professional manor. All questions asked during multiple phone calls was treated with patience and everything explained to satisfaction. Workmanship including diagnostic abilities A+, during each phase anything that was needed was brought to my attention with recommendations and explanations. Any tough spots were also explained (my custom drop in radiator- not so drop in, oil leak past distrib seals etc.) and solutions offered. Work-arounds were okayed first then proceeded with. Willingness to work with me on parts I provided A+, again Richard was able to use my parts but, and this is important, not when the part was wrong or ill concieved. Example: I provided Taylor ignition wires per fchat xref post. They are WRONG for 308 QV '85. Now of course you ask price. I would have to rate this experience also A+. No padding the bill, nothing really unexpected and considering that I asked him to install non-factory items that required modifications, I am thrilled. It was worth every penny. At checkout everything was again gone over. The record keeping and clock in-clock out detail on every job was shown to me and to be honest I have never seen such detailed records which only helps keep our cars correct as time goes on and shows how much they really care about our cars.
    To sum up AAA+++ Richard & Richard at Radcliff Motorcars gets my highest award and I shall be a customer for life. I need to ask if he would work on my Volvo daily driver hmmmmm. So if anyone has any specific questions to ask me about the experience there bring them on. I would be happy to share more.

Okay John with the weather holding out like this I know you must be chompin at the bit. Let's go.

12. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hi Bob

Glad to hear you had such a positive experience at Radcliff. I had a very good impression of their operation after we made our visit. Thanks for the update.

13. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hi Ken, Happy New Year. Yes, happily this was the case. The impression that I think we all got at the open house was genuine. Richard is what he appeared (both Richards I should add). Can't tell you how much of a difference it makes when you get it that the other person is just as interested as you are in making sure the whole experience is positive and correct. Real relief now that I know I can take my car there and not worry. That for me is everything. I have already tentativley set a time for my major there next fall.

Looking forward to seeing you and the gang again and putting some more miles and smiles on.

14. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    Rob, good to hear you are back together. Hopefully the salt will be washed away so we can go on a drive together.

15. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I was going to say how about this Saturday for a meet up, but I will be flying down to NC for what I discussed with you all about the last I saw you. I think I am going to take it ;) With the kind words and advice from you all of course, thank you.

16. cyocum

cyocum Karting

May 16, 2010
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I have used Radcliffe and have had nothing but excellent service.

17. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    We have no salt on the roads around here so I got out and about for a nice ride. It was nice until the snow flurries started. Drove around Gettysburg and got lost on a campus. I stop at a grocery store just outside and asked a couple for directions. The wife asked me what kind of "snazzy" car I was driving. I shouted to her "it's a Ferrari!" She said "wow I thought so but have never seen one" they then graciously told me to follow them and they took me to 116 then to 16 so I could get home. It was fun following a little Jeep at 30 mph for 10 miles. They really knew the back roads through the battle fields. I look forward to again driving with you folks if your cars aren't put up for the winter.

18. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    I was at a wedding of a former student today or I would have been driving with you. We have to go through Devil's Den at Gettysburg when there is no traffic. Great low speed corners. I used to go through there on sport bikes when I had them. Now it is safer since it is one way. I had a urologist and orthopedic surgeon that would ride with me early Sunday mornings. Met them after my first motorcycle accident. Give me a call and we'll set up a drive and lunch.

19. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Glad that the cold weather isn't keeping you in. Looking towards this weekend if weather stays clear........I will be in touch.

20. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    How would you fellas feel about C&C this Sat? It may be my last one I can make before leaving. I head out on Feb 2nd and the last week I am getting my car tuned. Anyone up for it, Fcars or daily drivers, doesn't matter to me :)

21. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I would love to. Where would this take place? If I would get a vote it would be better for me as close to Md as possible or later in the morning.

22. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    I have to work this weekend. Matt we are going to get a Camp Hill C&C discount at your new job aren't we? Rob, they usually meet at Sophia's in Camp Hill

23. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    What time do they usually meet?

24. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    They usually meet around 9:00 AM if Ken is coming. He is a late riser . Tom and Craig sometimes meet earlier around 8:00. The rest are in between unless you count Jay who sees the sun rise in the east. Wish I could be there and wish Matt farewell but the activity that pays the Ferrari repair bills has me working this weekend.

25. Supercars17112

Supercars17112 Karting

Jun 11, 2011
    Harrisburg. PA
    Full Name:
    Evan Ross
    matt ill be there man... 9ish most likely what time you thinking, i know others were thinking around then, earlier/later by a bit.