Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by ZUL8TR, Apr 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Bill...so who do you think you are stirring the pot? LOL!

You reminded me we need to renew the relationships with the current management so expectations on all accounts can be managed.

FYI...an Indy C&C site is currently in the works. Domain has been acquired. Site now needs to be built. I understand it will have links to local enthusiast sites. It is NOT meant to detract from the local sites we all use and love, just a general info site that can also link enthusiasts to local groups with common marque interests. McAllisters and Paradise will get some exposure from having their location listed.

2. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Mark,

Sounds like you are way ahead of me as usual. I (gladly) stand corrected!

3. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm happiest that we've been able to self-manage the loons from showing up and creating havoc. The 1-2 people I've approached have been great at understanding we're guests at the locations and more than happy to comply with our minimal rules of respect.

We have a really good group of car folks that show up.

4. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Looks like Mother Nature is planning to spend this Saturday washing away all the road salt away. Hopefully it will be clear for next weekend and the roads should be salt free.

5. twright

twright Karting

May 15, 2005
    Indianapolis USA
    Maybe we'll get lucky and have a "window" of opportunity tomorrow morning. If it clears off for a few hours tomorrow morning, I'll be there.

6. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    For those of you that know about my long-term project on the car, just thought I'd let you know the needed parts were ordered today! Fabrication should start next week!

7. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    #482 SMS, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You mean it won't look like this much longer?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I thought that was an appropriate avatar, all things considered. I'll have to switch to something else once its drivable again.

9. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I will be visiting the Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Museum tomorrow (Friday), any other places in the area I should check out?

I know the RM building is just a couple miles away, anything worth checking out in there?

I looked online for dealerships, but wasn't able to find anything exotic. Thanks in advance!

Chris

10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    sweet cars
    http://www.sweetcars.com/
    And if your in the area, LPE isn't that far either.

11. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Thanks Isaac!

Wow, you participate in all parts of the forum! :)

Chris

12. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Fabrication of the new parts continues. The next round of goodies are due in tomorrow.

After sitting for over a year, I'm going to need to drain the tank and the battery is dead. UGH.

I may actually drive my toy to a C&C in the next week or two!

13. twright

twright Karting

May 15, 2005
    Indianapolis USA
    For us rookies, can you post a picture of your project? Inquiring minds need to see your creation.

14. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Car: 1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo
    I rebuilt the motor and then the original stock turbo finally decided to die. I replaced the stock T3 turbo with a T3/4 hybrid capable of 400HP. Since the air input on the T4 side of the turbo, I had to put together a new boot to connect the air flow meter to the turbo. At the moment I'm building a full 3" mandrel downpipe and exhaust. Final fab will be to reroute a section of intercooler pipe. I should have all this done in the next week.

Project pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/ZUL8TR83/EngineRebuid#
    Car pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/ZUL8TR83/1983Datsun280ZXTurbo#

15. cleonard

cleonard Karting

Sep 17, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Colby
    Just wanted to say a quick hello. I live in Greenfield and will try to attend a gathering soon. I have a few exotics including:

2003 Ferrari 360
    2005 Maserati Gransport
    2004 Porche 996TT Cabriolet
    2004 Corvette Z06 Twin Turbo

Also, I need an annual done on the Ferrari and Maserti and really don't want to take the trip to MAG in Columbus. Who do you guys trust locally to work on these cars?

Colby

16. cleonard

cleonard Karting

Sep 17, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Colby
    Just wanted to say a quick hello. I live in Greenfield and will try to attend a gathering soon. I have a few exotics including:

2003 Ferrari 360
    2005 Maserati Gransport
    2004 Porche 996TT Cabriolet
    2004 Corvette Z06 Twin Turbo

Also, I need an annual done on the Ferrari and Maserti and really don't want to take the trip to MAG in Columbus. Who do you guys trust locally to work on these cars?

Colby

17. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #492 brian.s, Mar 30, 2011
    Nice to hear from you Colby. Hopefully you can join the others here at the C&C events. There is a small group who take on some 'spirited' drives during the season as well.

Hopefully things will allow my to finally 1) get to C&C regularly and 2) hold the Open House for my new location.

Best, Brian

18. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    Welcome Colby,

Brian S. would be the one to take on your service needs.

As he mentioned there is a group that does a few spirited drives around Cincy, Brown Co. In, and Southern In all season. You can get more info about them from most of the nicer vehicles at C&C on Saturdays.

Enjoy!

19. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Saturday, April 2nd

Weather is looking to in the 50's and almost Pantera clear in terms of clouds.

Colby...look forward to meeting you sometime. We can get you tied in with the local sports car group.

Brian S...really need to see you around some this season.

I am so very close to having my car back together, but not close enough for this weekend. I have a part sitting on my desk and mocking me because I can't weld and my welder friend is out of town.

20. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #495 brian.s, Mar 31, 2011
  21. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #496 brian.s, Mar 31, 2011
    a picture from about 40 years ago, Brighton Speed Trials, a one mile drag race down the front road by the beach, return via normal roads.

22. Street&Track

Street&Track Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    What time would a supposed C&C be on Saturday the 2nd of April?

23. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Typically people start showing up around 10:00 and linger until noon. I am going to try my best to swing by from 10 to 11.

Hope to see you there!

24. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    "Supposed" C&C? We have cars, we have coffee nothing supposed about this group, unless they are buying the decaf. LOL!

25. Street&Track

Street&Track Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    I suppose I could stop by for 58 minutes, if the weather is decent:)