Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by ZUL8TR, Apr 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Were there any attendees Saturday?

2. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    You missed a few new comers. A real beaut Chevelle. Brand spanking new 458 Italia. Older, restored BMW.

Toss in a number of the regulars. Still light, but it was still chilly and folks are slowly coming out of hibernation.

3. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Turnout was actually better than I expected. The 458 made it pretty special. Weather keeps improving - looks like low 70's for this Saturday but good chance of rain.

4. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    What the heck happened to 75 degrees and sunny for today? I had the 308 all prepped and ready to go and now just look at it outside! Thunder, lightening, pouring rain, fog and only 50 degrees. I am not a happy camper this morning!!!!!!!

5. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    See you guys in just over a month. Will be visiting again. C&C, Indy, and Paradise Bakery Cookies look out!

Chris

6. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Noblesville local and C&C attendee, Conor Daly, wins his first Indy Lights race at famed Long Beach!

"Conor Daly, one of the top young drivers in U.S. open-wheel racing, on Sunday scored his first Firestone Indy Lights win in just his third series start.

Daly, the son of former CART and Formula One driver Derek Daly, won the race as part of the 37th Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach. The 19-year-old racer drives for Sam Schmidt Motorsports as part of IndyCar’s Mazda Road to Indy program that has him sharing a ride with Bryan Clauson, who will run on ovals this year.

“It’s pretty unbelievable,” Daly said of the victory. “The whole race I was still learning the track.”

Last year’s Star Mazda Series champion arrived to the circuit late and missed the first practice because he had been in Spain testing with his GP3 Series team, Carlin Motorsport. Daly’s first race in that series will be May 7-8 at Istanbul Park in Turkey.

Daly is the Indy Lights’ points leader, but he will miss the next several races as he competes in GP3 and Clauson drives the No. 77 car."

Not bad for a guy that missed the first part of practice because he was flying back from competing in the GP3 in Spain. Conor is burning the candle at both ends AND the middle. If we ever get him to show up to C&C again, considering his schedule, make sure you give him a thumbs up!

7. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Looking out the window here. Brings to mind.....

Regatta anybody?

8. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Saturday, April 30th

Looks like its going to be an awesome day to be outside. 68 degrees with just a few clouds.

9. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Please take you camera. I'll be working on my house, and property storm damage cleanup for the next few forseeable lifetimes.... :(

10. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
  11. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    No good poking fun at Dan on this site. He's not allowed on here anymore.

Actually, if he HAD shown up, he'd have been scared by not 1, but 3 CTS V's and one has been dyno'd at OVER 1000 RWHP! Yes, you read that correctly, OVER 1000 RWHP. He gave a demo as he left. One of the other CTS V owners has promised to call him to ask him to not do that stunt again. Not cool to do, but kinda cool to watch.

Just a friendly reminder to folks, we want to keep our location safe and not offend the companies supporting us by using their lots or endanger any people on public streets. If you feel the need to show off, take it to the TRACK!

12. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Great cars. Thanks for the pictures, esp the 288 GTO.

13. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Wow, brand new Bentley, 288, SLS, Gallardo Spyder, and 458, great turnout! And it looks you finally brought the Z Mark? :)

14. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Andrew, its ALIVE again! WOOT!!!

Loving the bigger turbo and full 3" mandrel exhaust. Spools up faster and love the exhaust note.

If/when you end up back this way, we can finally get you that promised ride. Heck, depending on how long that is, maybe I'll have added the MegaSquirt-n-Spark, larger injectors and bumped the RWHP up yet another 100HP.

15. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    With filling up McAlisters parking lot like we did and hopefully will continue to do, we need to make sure those in attendance are purchasing food and beverages during our gatherings. I will make it a point now to get more than just a 99 cent coffee from now on.

Attendance on Saturday just shows what a great gathering this can be. We had a fantastic quantity and variety of cars along with a few bikes.

16. Poodie

Poodie Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Awesome turn out the other day! I completely forgot about the C&C here! I have yet to come. Working every Saturday puts a damper on that but I plan on being in attendance within the next few weeks!

17. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Saturday, May 14th

For those that just can't get enough cars at C&C, its Opening Day at the Speedway as we get rolling toward the Centennial Celebration of the first running of the Indy 500!

Track Day Schedule

9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Celebration of Automobiles
    Click here for info on the 250+ cars being shown! http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/indy500/eventinfo/42148/

10:00 a.m. Parnelli Jones Q & A Session
    10:40 a.m. Parnelli Jones Autograph Session
    11:00 a.m. American Dairy Association Pin Distribution
    11:00 a.m. Pace Car Club Lap Track
    11:50 a.m. Interview with Honorary Starter Mayor Greg Ballard
    Noon - 1:30 p.m. Veteran Practice
    1:30 - 4:00 p.m. Rookie Orientation Program
    3:00 p.m. IMS Historian Donald Davidson Q & A Session
    3:45 p.m. IMS Historian Donald Davidson Autograph Session
    4:00 - 5:30 p.m. TBA Musical Act
    4:30 - 6:00 p.m. Veteran Practice

18. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    cars and coffee, i'll be there 14th

19. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Everybody needs to start praying to the rain god of their choosing. We car nuts need a seriously rain clear weekend, especially for the show at the Speedway to happen.

20. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Just a FYI...the Viper crowd will be at Champion Dodge starting at 10AM. I don't have any other info on that one. Not sure if they can accommodate drive-by fans or not.

21. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    this weekend event at Indy speedway was a lifetime experience. i do not do photos, sorry. Hope someone will post pictures. 250 very special cars on top of opening day celebration and 100 yr.

22. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    #523 IndyFan, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  23. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    OK, all the Month of May stuff at the track is over and the race is in the history books, so its time to start bumping this thread again.

BUMP...Indy C&C is in full swing. Stop on by and say hello!

24. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Saturday, June 11th
    Bump. 70% chance of sunshine in the AM.