CCR competition | FerrariChat

CCR competition

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by fatbillybob, Dec 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    CCR has a championship separate titles for 355/360/430/458 correct? It looks like there are 6-355's and 6-360's and I assume not every car makes it to every race. So to increase competition is there any thought given to equalizing 355's with 360's and run them for a combined title so you race against 12 instead of 6? Or is the CCR goal to keep the "challenge" car unmodified and period correct regardless of the number of entries?

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think their goal is get higher turnouts in all classes keeping mostly stock. It is possible, they had 45 Challenge cars first event ever. They also have a great new manager in Joe Foster. Maranello Cup will take some of their cars though. Norwoods switched to Maranellio Cup, I think about 6 Ferraris running with Porsches this weekend Sebring.

3. RotarySwingGolf

RotarySwingGolf Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2011
    Florida and Idaho
    There were 5 cars that competed and seven total at the event with a few others that say they are going to run maranello cup but had prior engagements. My guess is that CCR will be a pretty small field next year