Countach FIRE in CT!?? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Countach FIRE in CT!??

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by gurslo, Dec 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    #101 Mowgli, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    I live the next town over. Maybe I will offer him garage space in trade for letting me drive it once in a while.

2. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    #102 JohnMH, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey. There are always reasons to go to Dubai.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I have well over 2 feet of snow and it's still snowing...on top of a foot that was there.
    His car is gone. No search team is going to find the wreckage until spring.

4. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    All that car needs is some soap and water......

5. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    why don't you guys go over and help him get it into his garage, if you really care about the car that much? Lambo brotherhood? Charity?

6. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I will accept your kind invitation to travel to Dubai... do you have other surprise to show us ?

7. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I'm 200 miles from the Homeless Countach, and I'm itchin for a roadtrip! I'm down to help out if we put a group of Good Samritans together hehe

8. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Updated pictures of it under the blanket of snow? That would be pretty cool to see.

9. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    #109 niptuck, Jan 12, 2011
  10. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    nice MR2 lol

11. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #111 Peter K., Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    +1
    too short

12. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Using "ground penetrating radar"?

13. ilconservatore

ilconservatore F1 Veteran

May 18, 2009
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I'm going to guess one of the reasons the CT sits outside is that the owner knows somewhere out there dozens of guys are groaning and talking about the car behind his back. Some people thrive on that kind of indirect attention. He's kind of famous now.

We're just feeding his fire...no pun intended

14. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Cant believe all this fuss over a car photographed in the snow.

15. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Sorry nope. Car is spot cleaned. outside still but cleared out or you could not see it anymore. Now that is cool. Nice to see it is not a total abandonment,
    In a way too bad it was not because that would have made quite a picture...
    We are all getting cabin fever so we take out fun where we can until spring..

16. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    the murcie pic is cool. Now that does not count because the guy actully drives for his pleasure...

17. jmela

jmela Rookie

Nov 17, 2004
    Do those plates on the yellow murci read "BULLOWME"? Classy!

18. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  19. Backpain

Backpain Rookie

Nov 1, 2010
    North East
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I just saw this thread, the linked thread, and realized that I live like 10 mins from this guy I'm going to go for a ride after I post this LOL

Peter K shoot me a PM, we must live very close to each other. :)

To OP,
    I guess I'm guilty of being a redneck, I'm Ok with that though.

I bought my Lotus while still living in an apartment, but I was smart and rented a 10'x20' storage bay for $120.00 a month, then a garage space from a house that was right next door to my complex.

I understand that my car isn't in the same class as a Ferrari or Lambo, but I'm still as passionate for my lotus as much as you all are to yours.

I did choose to own one of my dream cars before I bought my house and it was a good thing that I did, because if I had not bought it then, I never would have been able to get it now.

I thought modifying cars was bad for my wallet, LOL, My house is now more the money pit than any of my cars have ever been.

Everyone thinks I'm insane for running my car in poker run rallies and plastering it with sponsor graphics when doing so. (Although it's required in most, Exotics can run just the essential ones)

I suppose people may scratch their heads just like everyone is about this Lambo in the snow, but all I can tell you is that prior to my first rally I had never driven my car in the rain, dirt, or snow.( I still haven't driven it in snow, but I might have too if doesn't stop falling here!)

I washed it every time I drove it and treated like a queen, (just like I do with my Fiancee) This is the way I thought my dream cars should be treated.

Though, after driving the first 1st 10 minutes of the rally it started to pour and by the end of the rally I had driven down gravel, and muddy dirt roads. I also had to eat and sleep with a co-driver in my lotus for those 3 days, doing all that made me sick, and I was furious with myself, by then all my rules for my car had now gone out the window.
    3 days later I buffed my car and was able to fix most the blemishes, and all was fine. (aside the shattered front splitter which was my fault) lol.

This actually turned out to be a blessing for me in the long run because I broke her in right and got all my "firsts" done in one weekend.

I still baby my car whenever possible, but I make sure I can also enjoy the machine the way she should be, and ultimately that's by DRIVING IT!

I highly suggest everyone doing a poker run or rally with your car, you might find that after getting that personal with your car, you won't stress or sweat the small stuff.

I'd like to meet this guy and see what he's all about, I don't know his situation, and I don't want to judge him, though if his car does sit out again next winter, then I guess I'm forced to enroll in the 5k timeshare plan that was suggested in an earlier post .lol

20. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    At least you enjoy your car. He does not. That is all the difference and its a bit of a waste, like putting caviar in the garbage can or sinking a Don Perigon down the toilet rather than drinking it.

The car has not moved an inch since we learned about it. But not to worry anymore! There is no need for a garage, the car is now nicely tucked under a sheet of ice that protects it from the elements of nature such as sand and salt. To be fair all the other cars around are also under a foot of snow.
    It is cool to see a white CT blending so well in the snow.

We are getting more snow with another major thursday. I'll try to shoot some picts if i am not too behind on my stuff. I dont think we will see the car anymore after Thusday. just a little bump may be.

21. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    ç

a Countach is worth much more than those 2 together (in my book)

you can buy any one of those anytime
    whereas a Countach is priceless IMO

22. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    You mean nice boxster. That Porsche is a Mike Vetter kit under snow. I can tell by the tail lights.

23. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    #123 Countachqv, Jan 27, 2011
    a new meaning of keeping ones car on ice. Peter, after your paint is all done, i suggest you do the same. It make for cool pictures...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #124 Peter K., Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
    Just a stupid ******. Can't wait to tell him that. I can't wait to bust his balls.
    Does he think he's a f*@kin Prince just leaving it there? They'll just leave it in the desert if it breaks BUT they will at least get it towed at some point.

25. Ahh, well it's his money. Maybe a future parts car, or maybe a great cheap project car one day. Maybe it will clean up just fine in the spring. Just a guess by the photo, without seeing the garage, it's probably better outside than stuffed with kids toys, lawn mowers against and Christmas boxes on it in a garage.