Countach FIRE in CT!?? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Countach FIRE in CT!??

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by gurslo, Dec 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    You cannot wait to verbally assault a perfect stranger for treating their own car the way they want to? Yeah....you don't have a problem at all.

2. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Wow....I would love to see a closer picture from the front. That is just wild.

3. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Just wait until the owners clear irresponsibility lands him on hard times... then he will have no choice to take a low ball offer for the lawn ornament, and someone will get a steal (albeit one with a blemished history)

4. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Can we reel this in a bit. It is snow. Frozen water. What is the big freaking deal? It is not like he is off-roading the thing!

5. Champboat/Champcar

Champboat/Champcar Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    I think its upsetting to some people to see such a nice rare expensive car subjected needlessly to the bitter elements , yes its just snow , that melts and freezes again in every nook and crany , every part of the car will be frozen and thawed and frozen again , and we all know how ice expands , it can expand a aluminum pipe and burst it , i see this on boats tuna towers and radar arches that are a whole lot thicker than a Lamborghini body , Expanding ice is a bad thing for a newly purchased Countach , heck with the wind and heavy snow who knows where the snow has worked its way to . anyway it is the owners car + he can do whatever he wants to it , which we all can see is to totally neglect it , But hey , I am O.K with it .

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what am i missing? i dont see anything

7. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Settle down ther buckaroo, you used the words "verbal assault".....not me.
    I stated "bust his balls"

Also, you used the words "perfect stranger", though a good song by Deep Purple, he is not.
    I have met him.

SO, I said before I am going to have some fun busting his balls when I see him again.

8. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #133 Peter K., Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    It's more the elements in Connecticut. It will ruin a car, especially this car. It is not made like like todays cars. Heck it's not even sealed up like car cars from today or the 80's.

Example, the front trunk is not sealed. It is very much opened to collect dirt dust and debris. I have found many a items settling on my spare tire.

9. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    #134 Countachqv, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    you can no longer see the front. but things should melt a bit today until the next storm saturday. Hope to get a lot of snow so i can get my 1st pict of what would a CT look like in the next ice age

10. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    It does not amazes you that someone who bought a worldwide rare car that is worth more than his house leaves it under snow and ice ? May be off raoding that CT would not be that bad. At least the car would be used for something

11. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Forget the fact that the CT is outdoors, the car was never even given a chance in general since the owner just obtained the car and had zero plan on what to do with it. What enjoyment does it bring under feet of snow?? At least one could see it inside a garage, in its' non-running out of tune condition.

This CT and its owner really could use some insight, as they appear to have no concern or embarrassment from the scorn they will be getting by their peers who question their logic and rationale. We all assume the guy came upon a 100k windfall, and went a bit too far with buying the CT. Typical for lottery winners and those who suddenly fall into money. They buy things that they do not know how to maintain, appreciate, and afford (taxes, insurance etc)

This whole event is not going to end well. We should all place bets on the car not moving this year, getting no repairs, and this thread getting bumped into at least 2012. Once it has sat for a few years, we will be vindicated for our concerns that we posted here.

A rescue or intervention of some sort will happen. I bet financial problems are on the horizon in this case, if not already. The CT $$$$ could be one cause of it, anyone with the means would not do this to the car.

12. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Guys, let get something straight, I agree with all of you......yes, he should not have done that and yes, it is his car, his money. He can do what he pleases.

Unfortunatly, Patrick has to suffer more than me because he has to see it all the time as he live about a mile or so from there.

I have a novel idea, maybe Patrick and I should ask if we can help. Though I can not shovel because I my brokeback spine, but I do have a trailer and 2wd truck. Maybe we should hold his hand and get it somewhere. He did ask where to send it for work.

13. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    #138 ClassicFerrari, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Man, even one of these cheapies would work wonders. How much can this cost? But I think this is beyond cost. Maybe the guy doesnt see what we see. Someone email him this thread :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    That's the problem! I asked about swapping emails and he said he "don't got one".

15. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I'll be around to get one of these "Dubai" deal as soon as i see the sign pop up on the cars window..

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    guys is there a countach burried in that driveway? i dont see a thing

17. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #142 250californiafan, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There is, but you have to look really close. In the area I circled you can see the wing and a bit of the roof line.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wow i wld ahve never concluded that...thnx

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wow i wld ahve never concluded that...thnx

20. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Supports my windfall theory. Typically, senior citizens might miss the boat on internet access, this Lambo Abuser is quite the oddball. First off, did he knowingly buy the CT with mechanical issues from the get go? How the hell would he appreciate the difference between a real CT and a fiero based kit car? Would have served the same purpose for this guy. Arab sheiks with billions can discard Lambos, this guy discards the car and does not have the reserves of a sheik where you expect this sort of behavior...

21. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    A couple of things to consider:

1.) Do you guys think that all of those owners in Europe that drive their cars daily in all types of weather and (eee gads!!) park them outside are also undeserving chumps who do not appreciate their cars? Plenty of European cars and owners see snow and rain use. Are they all 'bad owners'?

2.) Has the idea come across that he leaves this car outside as a point of pride? As you can see from the homes in the area, the odds are he is the only one with an exotic sports car like that. So he may have it parked front and center out front because he is proud to own it, and that would not be the same if it was locked away somewhere.

Don't get me wrong. I do think it is odd to leave a Countach outside all the time, but I am sure that there are plenty of people on here who have a daily driver Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, or whatever that is left outside and many of those cars are over $100,000 vehicles too. Yes, I know they are modern cars and all that, but my point is that other forums for cars not as high end as a Ferrari may think that anyone leaving a $100,000 luxury car outside or exposing it to snow is just as nuts as you guys think this Countach guy is. Just something to think about.

22. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    One major difference; lux euro sedans depreciate big time, while the CT is going up and limited production. No excuse for abandoning it in the snow...

23. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Mitch,
    1)No, they are not bad owners. But they a different bread of car.
    2)The thing with his house is right next door, to the left, are larger very nice homes. To the right are same type of homes as his but very well kept. It just looks like a nice comfy neighborhood. As Patrick can attest, the area is a mixed bag of home.
    Earlier in the thread I said that he wants to get it to a garage. I think what may have happened was the first snow came.......then the 2nd , the 3rd, 4th.....

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    anyone have a pic of the house and countach in driveway wihtout the snow?

25. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    #150 Meeyatch1, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
    I think my point may have been missed, so let me try again for clarity. Just as people on this forum look down on this guy for leaving his Countach outside and think that is appalling, so might the person who drives a Chevy Cobalt think that the person that leaves a $100,000 Mercedes sedan outside is equally off their rocker. Depreciation curve has nothing to do with the perception of the owners from outside viewpoints. Simple as that.