Countach FIRE in CT!?? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Countach FIRE in CT!??

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by gurslo, Dec 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    #151 Meeyatch1, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
    Okay, explain to me how it is a different breed of car when a European owner drives their Ferrari or Lamborghini in the rain or snow and leaves it outside as to when this guy does it? Same car, just different country. You are telling me leaving a Countach outside in similar weather in Europe is a different breed of Countach than leaving one outside in the United States. I fail to see how that makes sense. The car is not different at all, it is the mindset of Americans that these cars are like sugar that will melt in anything other than climate controlled storage and sunshine, whereas the Europeans drive and enjoy their cars more often with less regard to keeping them concours clean and perfect all the time with no miles on them.

2. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    First there is different mindset between comtemporary car and classics car, even lambos and limited vs. mass produced cars. May be you do not consider the CT a classic. After all an Anniv model is only 20 years old and there are 620 or so of them. I dont think leaving a murcie (other than a GT) outside would have the same effect. Who cares about a 2010 porsche being outside. There are so many of them.
    The more rare and contemporary the car is, the more people will look down on this. What would you think about a Ferrari GTO being treated this way or a Muira? Sure it is is money but it is also about the car's model legacy. the countach is no GTO but it is more that any contemporary BMW, porsche or mass produced new F or L.

2nd in this case the guy is NOT enjoying the drive. What is the fun and purpose of buying an expensive car you dont drive and just leave to the elements? For the sole purpose to amaze your neighbourghs with a lawn ornement while you house shows in need of some fixing? This car is being wasted to no one's true driving enjoyment. Owning a classic lambo comes with a certain level of reponsibility. You own history and should realize it.
    Remember, these car were hand made. Each body panel is hand fit on a CT.
    If you want to treat that kind of car harshly that is ok but at least use it for its purpose. Drive very hard. That is a respectable use of a car. I dont think this thread would have gone anywhere is the guy would have fixed the car and drive often leaving it in the driveway. This is gonna be a sad story. I am glad it is not a 400...

now that being said in the scope of things in the world this subject does not really matter but this site is about people who are passionate about classic cars and you surely must understand that such blatant disrespect for rare piece of auto art raise a little bit of passion.

3. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Another thing to consider on new 100k cars; the majority are leased, so there is no attachment or concern for common road elements since in 24-36 months it goes to auction.

I agree it is a shame that daily driving exposes those cars, but you can't expect the owners to buy cheaper preowned, base models, or Suburbans instead. At least nowadays just about every flagship can be had with AWD, so they are not useless with just RWD and maybe some snow tires hehe

It is personal preference; I want an Audi S6 with the V10, but I would feel bad using it throughout winters. And there are plenty of cool Audis for much less money to get through winter, just a few years older in model year :) I'd love to have the sweet V10 for 9 months of the year, but I don't want to deal with owning 2 sedans, one being a beater for winter and brutal city visits ...

4. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I can not remember countach owners driving in the show on a regular basis. Probably has, anyone got photos? I am not saying the don't, I just don't remember. But to have the mentality by saying "its aluminum, it ain't never gonna rust" is unusual.

Most important, I do not know if you are a Countach owner but mine is a 1978. One of the first description of the car when I first got it was how Can-Am like the car was. More race car than street car. Basically I thought Can-Am car with thin leather.
    Very different from MB BMW....like leaving an M-1 outside.

It is just so unnecessary.

I am not looking down on the owner. I willing to reach out to him.

5. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    #155 ApexOversteer, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The only one I've collected...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. That is one of my favorites.

7. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Just think - every time someone does this with their Lambo, it makes the value of yours go up incrementally more.

One day, as someone has said, it will make a nice resto project for someone....

PDG

8. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #158 DadsFerrari, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Thats disgraceful leaving that thing outside in the snow. Next thing you know when summer comes around there's going to be hail dents and water damage from rain.

All I can think of is that car must have let the owner down at the wrong time like he was out on a date and was about to get lucky till it broke down or something. If that car was closer I would have made an effort personally to go save it.

10. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Yeah, the car let him down right there, at his house.

11. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    God forbid someone steals the abandoned car, it might actually find a better home elsewhere or maybe outside the US via a container ship :D

Personally, I have awoke in the middle of the night for fear that one of my cars is not safe in the garage :D sad that this guys car is living through the nightmare that wakes me up at night lol

12. smthkat789

smthkat789 Karting

Feb 29, 2008
    Is more snow coming with this next major storm on wednesday to weekend?
    The cars gonna go thru ice and snow, oh the unseen effects of it on the poor car

13. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Saddest part is that this drama began right before Xmas, and the tons of snow that followed. If only we had pushed this AE into that garage in time...

14. Backpain

Backpain Rookie

Nov 1, 2010
    North East
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #164 Backpain, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    I actually rented a 10x30 garage next to my old condo on rt322 for like 160.00 a month. I kept my Lotus and all my Tool boxes in it, plus 5 sets of shelfs with room to spare. I drove by last week and it appears that they don't even clear off in front of the doors which usually meant it was empty. If and when I meet this guy I'll see if he want's me to talk to my old landlord to rent it. It was a huge 2 car , 2 level +loft garage that they sub divided the 1 bay for me. Heck I'd like to rent the other half so I can have the upstairs office and storage, plus both bays. I wish that house was for sale when I was buying mine. Ultimate man cave. There was even a 15x30 tent out back behind the garage that he rented as well, that would be great for boat and water toys. I think the old owners kept a semi truck in it.

On a side note, I took the Lotus out for a drive today to make sure everything got moving again. It felt so good to drive it around. I did get tons of crazy looks though.

15. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Yes, but you gotta admit, the roads are real $#itty here. Can not bring myself to take any of my cars out.
    Warm up coming this week tho......

16. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Yay, even more pot holes from the melting snow and the nightly refreeze :D

17. Backpain

Backpain Rookie

Nov 1, 2010
    North East
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Actually over by my place the roads were dry, and fairly clean. The last rain washed a lot of the salt off the roads too. I drove down East, then Meriden Ave, and circled back through town. It was still cold so the water on the roads had just refroze.
    My car doesn't exactly compare to any of yours either ;)

I just went to breakfast on 322 and decided to go look for the car. The roads over on that side of town are "Terrible", so I see why you wouldn't take the cars out.

The Lamborghini is still out in the front yard. It's one thing to see the pics of it on here, but actually seeing it in person just makes me feel like I was violated somehow. That was my dream car growing up, plastered all over my walls. My fiancee said it looks like the wing is sticking up proudly, saying," I'm right here guys, I'm still alive" Lol That made me feel better and put a smile on my face.
    He has 3 other cars buried in his yard, I'm interested to see what they are.

18. big ease

big ease Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    a pinto a yugo and a pacer!!!!

19. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #169 DadsFerrari, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
    Lol a trifecta of loser mobiles, owned by a guy who is killing a Countach. No irony here hehe

Hell of an upgrade from a Yugo to an Italian supercar

20. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    He actually has one of these new pontiac convertible if I recall. Dont know if he put the top up before the storms or he decided to have it fill up for a good ice wash.

21. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    A green Saturn Sky convertible.

22. zxttfan

zxttfan Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2009
    St. Louis
    If he could get it out of the front yard and over to the local ice rink, he'd have the world's fastest Zamboni.

23. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    Any updates with this seeing as the ice is melting? My offer of a garage for it, is still open. I do only live one town over and would be happy to take a look at what cause the fire and help repair it.

24. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Fire was at the catylic convert......no real damage.
    I'm just waiting for warmer weather and a little snow melt, then I wanted to stop over, hand him a flyer about attending the Ferrari and Friends Concorso ( lamborghini show)
    at the Farmington Polo Club and see where it goes from there.

25. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    You'r brave Peter...You certainly give hope to humanity when all hope is lost.
    Car is still as before except ice has melted from the sides. I see that car everyday. If there are no more storms car should be clear and accessble to get inside in 2-3 weeks.

I am not sure who is in the house because nothing is cleared up, not even the 2 other cars in the driveway since late december.

Frankly I am surprised noboby has yet tried to brute force steal the car with a good plow truck and a hich or take parts from it. My town appears safer than I thought.