Countach only maintenance | FerrariChat

Countach only maintenance

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Chadbourn Bolles, Jul 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    #1 Chadbourn Bolles, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is for the Countach mainly. I will post here as I see things that need to be done on a regular basis, to keep your Countach up.
    The pics I am posting now show the windshield wiper pivot. This pivot WILL RUST SOLID. When it does and you turn on the wipers, you stand the chance of, 1 stripping the arm wher it mounts. Arm, the last one I had, I sold for $1000.00 and I have never found any more of them for sale. #2 you can burn out the motor. I know it can be rebuilt, but why take the chance to start with.
    All it takes is a spot of grease on the pivot, and where the control arm mounts.
    It took me almost an hour to get this rusted piece apart. Well as you can see the pics are not the best, but you get the idea.

Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    803 798 3044 cell
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Funny you should post that Chad. I just this past week took off my wiper arm to strip it and repaint it. It was in pretty good mechanical shape, but I will be sure to lube it prior to the re-install.

Thanks for the tip.

Alberto