COUNTACH REUNION | Page 65 | FerrariChat

COUNTACH REUNION

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Nov 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #1601 ralfabco, Mar 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Actually it looks like a properly dialled-in QV. Ive always loved your car from its California days.

Speaking of QVs do you see how many Countachs are for sale on Du Pont Registry? Seems to me that sellers want to compete amongst themselves thereby inadvertently bringing prices down to a buyer-acceptable level. LOL.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

3. M.B.

M.B. Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2006
  4. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    ...eh...yessss!!!! Now you need a white Miura SV as well!

Ciao!
    Walter

5. Euro QV

Euro QV Karting

Jun 25, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    John N.
    I wish. Way out of my price range at this time. But theres alway hope.

6. Euro QV

Euro QV Karting

Jun 25, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    John N.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens as more and more cars come out of the woodwork. With several DD QV's or S1's hitting the market at the same time, the price will become more dependant on a cars condition and history, and less on fears that, "if I don't get it now who knows when another will be for sale".

One S1 or DD QV that needs work may sell for one price, but another that needs nothing will bring the top money. This will be the case since it can cost thousands and thousands of dollars, and months of down time to make a particular car "perfect".

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Well said.
    A prudent or astute seller surveys the marketplace before bringing his/her car/s available for sale. The Countach has a very narrow scope of potential buyers at the best of times. If sellers decide to bring multiple cars to the market at the same time as other examples exist in the market, they compete amongst each other, and they have only themselves to blame for weakening values. You know - the age-old law of "supply and demand" - remember that one? LOL. Maybe some dont.
    Then too, as you said John, nowadays its all about the cars REAL condition and what will be needed. In a marketplace with every car being described as "perfect", buyers are seeking astute advice to determine what really is. The "I must get one now" sense of urgency has passed from the feedback Im getting from potential buyers, and part of the reason for that is the glut of cars that have come to the market. When you see a Countach thats advertised for $225k, then the same car is now advertised for $185k a few weeks later, thats NEVER a good sign. You can only ask yourself: "why was the price lowered?"
    Anyway, Im just here to help with sound solid advice.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

8. M.B.

M.B. Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2006
    #1608 M.B., Apr 3, 2007
  9. M.B.

M.B. Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2006
    #1609 M.B., Apr 3, 2007
    thisone has done only 2000 km!!! (a lot in this..) and all this for only 30.000 euro's! and with a megaphone exhaust!!!

I can't believe people spent so much time in projects like this, all the money, time... hahaha, look it has an adjustable wing aswell!!! for speeds like 300+ and then the colour.. 30.000 euros!!!! nobody will pick it up for free!! LOL
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia

great car and perfect to complete your collezione: you MUST have a replica in it
    and with prices on the rise for early countach, every countach is going to bring more $, also these....

11. M.B.

M.B. Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2006
    thanks for your advise, I phone the owner right now! Perhaps the car was a 007 car, the megaphone exhaust looks like a machinegun!

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #1612 joe sackey, Apr 3, 2007
    The kit cars make the Countach Annivesario look sublime by comparison....

Speaking of Annivesarios, I had an enthusiast that is considering buying a Countach right now get in touch with me last night. He asked me the 6-million-dollar question: "What is the best value-for-money Countach out there?". I did some thinking, and some checking, and the bottom line is, it's clearly a nice low-mileage example of the model's ultimate variant: the Annivesario. With the values of other variants at their high level, for just over $105,000 US ($105k to $150k buys some really nice cars) you can secure several examples of the Countach Swan Song. Think about it: the most reliable version of the Countach with over 500 minor upgrades from a QV with chassis and suspension developed by 3-time World Rally Driving Champion Sandro Munari himself....if you can get over the styling and like to actually DRIVE your Countach, theyre a riot and a LOT of bang for the buck. They have a powerful engine, go like stink, and they are the Countach concept as far as the works could take it - developed to the extreme. With just 198 fuelie versions made worldwide (of the 657 total production meaning some 459 carburetted versions exist) mostly here in the States, they are twice as rare as the almost 400 carburetted quattrovalves that exist worldwide (of the 610 total production meaning some 210 fuelie cars). Food for thought.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

13. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    #1613 EMILIO, Apr 3, 2007
    Joe,
    i don't know ...
    in Europe carbed QV are not much expensive than carbed 25th (similar condition cars) and i'd personally prefer to put 15 k euro more and take a QV in the end

i have to say though i am starting to like more and more some anniversary:
    black and pearl white not winged 25ths and even more the dark blue 25th with yellow lights on the ILR are starting to grow on me

of course if the gap would increase it would make sense to buy the 25th

in the end: i think i love them all

14. M.B.

M.B. Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2006
    I like this story, the anni is a nice machine and with no doubt the best driver and very fast, also nice that there are a lot clean untouched cars available on the market for good prices, I think the best investment is a QV but if you like the styling get the anniversary. You can't say what happens in the future, in the past nobody wanted a LP400...

15. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    I too think that they are a relative bargin right now and they are a blast to drive BUT the updates just are not appealing.
    Did Chrysler have a say in the body updates? It sure looks like it.

16. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Did I hear someone say "minivan"?

Must have been the wind.

17. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Totaly disagree here.....

Sound advice...BUY what you like and is in what you want to spend..

I am getting so sick and tired of a car ONLY being WORTH SOMETHING if it is "Frickn" factory picture perfect to the bone perfect as described by one person.....

Every car is different when it leaves into a new owners hands, we all add something to it, take something away from it....I really dont think there are very many cars out there that are AS IF they left the factory, and if so, well in my learned years of driving cars....I have found all these "so" called perfect cars, unmolested cars etc etc etc are just a piece of CRAP Garage Queen.

HELL, why do you think the factory kept upgrading them...BECAUSE they weren't just right the year prior, they got better each year...just as you or ANY smart car owner would upgrade his car each year to make it better.....

Some do it with wheels, some with ignition, carbs, pistions, you name it we all do things to our cars to make them better SURELY not worst.....

So NOW you want to take the car, remove all the money and time spent to make it a more sound and better running car, put more money into to make it back the way it was AND ASK more money for it to sale it.......??

Yes thats good if you want a Museum Piece, or if you want to follow ALL the Cattle off the edge of the cliff. Must be right he said she said they all said...what ever!!

I have my OWN cars that are NO WHERE near what they were when they left the factory, BUT they run better and stronger than MOST all these so called "perfect,needs nothig restored" cars......AND cost me a HELL of a lot less.

There are ONLY two kinds of cars.......

1) The perfect "WOW, look" it even has the same TIRE PRESSURE in the spare as it when it left the Factory 22 years, 4 months 3 days and 18 hours ago......GIVE ME A BREAK. Buy the car, pay stupid money, have it TOWED into your garage, sit down and stare at it, cause you sure as hell probably wont be able to drive it like a Drivers car.......AND even if you could, you would be so DAMED scarred that it would loose a dollar since you added 10KM to it that you would loose sleep at night....

2) OR The Driver's car, looks good, drives GREAT, WONT be worth a Million bucks one day, but it won't be in the shop for 13-19 months getting it "perfect", costing a ton of money with change orders and OH add this and that.... It will be on the street being driven and enjoyed, WHILE you are still YOUNG enought to get in and out of it....It will not loose its value....YOU WILL have fun with it..

So IMO, yes SPEND a TON, wait forever, dont drive it, DIE and leave it to your KIDS WHO will turn around and off it cheap to the next broker that comes along.......and will re-sale it to the next "Collector", for a new profit price of course..

OR

Buy a fun car, drive it, LIVE a bit, trade up down the road.......BUT at least you can say YOU drive your cars.....

Let your KIDS go get rich on their own!!

THIS IS TOTALY JUST IMO........

18. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Roy you make a good point. These are just cars, not the National Treasure (not quite yet anyway). I have no problem with making "field modifications" if it is what you want and improves your experience.

People buy collector cars for a variety of reasons. Some want only to polish and admire. Some want to drive. Some need to change it and make it their own.

When a "special" car is for sale the previous owners stewardship is put on trial (primarily financially). It's part of the game, car guys all seem to have an opinion.

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sheesh Roy,
    You need to keep up with the medication my freind!
    Your rambling response has nothing to do with my OBSERVATION of today's market, set forth merely as a response to "Euro QV"s own observation. An observation is an observation and if it is accurate (which in this case it is as most would agree that there are too many Countach on the market), then it is what it is. Simple reporting of the facts.
    Who said anything about "factory picture perfect" cars or "museum peices" or "drivers cars".....are you just having a rant about the car world in general or are you using my post as an excuse?
    We now know how you feel about originality, going through the excercise of restoration, and your kids!
    Whatever the point of your diatribe was, it has little to do with my post # 1607.....OK maybe youre having a bad day!
    For your info, I own a restored car that is driven every weekend (see the Miura thread or the So Cal thread for posting of its adventures. LOL) and not only is it fully restored, but Im not afraid to drive it (or share it with my kids), so save the rhetoric. I know lots of collectors with totally restored cars that take them to Laguna Seca and race them. So your insinuation that because a man owns a restored car he is cowering in the corner of the garage afraid to touch it, is utter BS (at least for me and quite a few I know). Not only do many of us use our restored cars for the purpose for which we restored them, but we allow our kids to climb into them whenever they feel like it.
    So, you see things differently. Thats fine, thats the whole point of a forum, and in fact I agree with some of your points about maintenance. But next time, before you have a rant, be sure that youre responding to the right post!

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

20. abolfaz

abolfaz Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    Coral Gables

HUH?

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    My thoughts exactly. Sound advice indeed.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

22. abolfaz

abolfaz Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    Coral Gables
    Joe's wit and sense of humor is unparalleled in the lambo world.

23. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Boy did I hit a JOE NERVE....??

No one was attacking you, just pointing out MY THOUGHTS...

Which I KNOW will never match yours..no harm no foul...

You preach from your soap box and I will from mine.

We all have different tastes and thoughts, thats what makes the world go around............

24. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Is this an awesome thread or what?

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    A DRY sense of humor I should point out....but Ill accept the compliment nonetheless :)

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com