COUNTACH REUNION | Page 66 | FerrariChat

COUNTACH REUNION

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Nov 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #1626 joe sackey, Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No no no Roy. No Joe nerve, no soap box. Its just that I can sniff out BS from a mile off, especially the type that emanates in the form of a thinly disguised rant attempt, given away by the "as described by one person" bit. LOL. Who said I was being attacked???? I was simply RESPONDING to BS my freind.
    Here is a picture of a "Frickin factory picture perfect to the bone perfect" (a newly-coined term Ive just picked up on this thread as bestowed upon us by yourself - the educational benefits know no bounds!) Countach LP400, that was TOTALLY restored to absolute original spec by the car's owner....yet here it is participating in a full fledged rally.
    Quite frankly, the generalized notion that all restored-to-original spec cars are JUST garage queens is pure baloney from short-sighted types and thats just the bottom line. No tastes & thoughts here, its just a fact. Sorry Roy, but you know how it is with me: I stick up for myself.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I hope youre at least getting entertainment value out of it :)

Settle into your easy chair with your popcorn....

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #1628 joe sackey, Apr 3, 2007
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    And how about the Countach seller on EBay who beseeches prospective buyers NOT to take advice from an experienced party (yours truly of course, wouldnt you know it?). Really inspires confidence and certainly begs the question: whats there to hide or to worry about?

Perhaps more than meets the eye... At least one person has passed for that reason alone. Good move.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

5. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    As for the norm, you read and see what you want to see...

I know that are many that do use there cars......THE point I am trying to make is that the car DOES NOT have to be perfect NOR does a buyer have to spend the HIGH market prices that are out there as of now that have a car he or she can enjoy......NOT everyone wants a perfect car, NOR can afford it...

6. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    #1631 ApexOversteer, Apr 3, 2007
  7. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    #1632 NSXER, Apr 4, 2007
  8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Did you intentionally skip my prior post # 1612 encouraging people to consider more affordable Countach alternatives (Annivesario)? In other words encouraging them to do just what you are now fumbling to suggest was the original point of your rant...
    WHO said everyone wants a perfect car? Or wants to spend top of the market?
    Cmon Roy, the point youre making is redundant, because many cars we all deal with are far from perfect. We all understand the REAL point of your rant. Dont assail on someone and not expect them to reply.
    Since you are all in favor of better Countach prices, I suggest that YOU set an example for us all to follow. I just sent 2 prospective buyers on to your QV so Im sure youll give someone a good deal if you havent let it go already.
    The 'Sackey controls prices' thing is getting really pitiful, and anyone with an ounce of common sense realises that the only way I can control prices is to personally own all 1980 (or whatever the number is) Countach ever built! Please. Im here to help a few people find really neat cars whether the prices are going down, staying put, or going up. Economics and the law of supply-and-demand will take care of values.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    And Im delighted my encouragement resulted in a car you love.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks for that Apex. Puts it all in perspective.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Where does it say I SAID you control prices???

Are you paranoid??

DID you take your medication today??

Funny how you always SEND me prospective customers....never seem to hear from them, but I think we work a totaly different customer base, anyways, but thanks for the referals, which have gone both ways....

I can think of 3 cars at least we BOTH worked on for both enjoyment AND profit to each of us!!

I as you will defend myself from "smoke" covered remarks...

Lets just agree that we both disagree...you have your thoughts, I have mine...

AND I am sure there are at least 9,999 other thoughts out here..

As a very WISE Superior Court Judge told me one time as a young Deputy Sheriff in my early years...

"I am just the trier of the fact, no one person EVER speaks the entire truth, however it is my job to listen to them both and then find the truth, which almost ALWAYS lays some where in the middle of the two people"

I have found his through my years to be so TRUE!!

12. Lambofreak

Lambofreak Karting

Aug 13, 2006
    Full Name:
    The Messanger
    At least we all agree that lamborghini rocks!!!!!! :D

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

14. M.B.

M.B. Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2006
    driver queen then, also without spoiler it looks FANTASTIC! that colour, espesially with an upcomming sun or sunset it looks SOO good! You are lucky to be the owner, I mean how many S1 in this colour are existing on the planet!?

What are your plans with the engine now??

15. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    The seller of the car probably put that statement in his add to show the confidence in his car, that you can bring out Ferruccio Lamborghini himself if he were still with us and he would give this car the SIGN OF APPROVAL. But if you ask a guy like JOE SACKEY his opinion of the car because he thinks he is the GOD of the early cars or for that matter of Lamborghini in general, he will shoot it down because he can NOT have his hands in the pot. See maybe the rest of the community is BAFFELED by Mr. Sackey but there are some now that are seeing what a scum bag of a person he really is and if he can not get a piece of the pie then the car's are NO GOOD. I will give Sackey the credit of having a SILVER TONGE but so did Ceasar and Hitler in the BEGINNING!!!!

16. lambo1

lambo1 Karting

Jan 20, 2004

Hey where did the spolier go?

17. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Uh-oh...hmmmm.....quick, somebody cause a diversion....

Just when is this reunion again?????

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    *ding*

So fingerpointing doesn't run rampant - above post by 97Diablo does not share IP Address with any other F-Chatter, er, L-Chatter.

As a spectator in the nosebleed section, I don't note much of an actual difference in opinion from either roy or joe regarding price points, and in reality, such should be tossed aside when bickering resumes.

*watches ring card girl*

Perhaps what factors in seems to be opinions of "Speciales" - roy believes well-placed changes by steward of certain cars can and do enhance the overall experience but, by the same token, not all decisions by concessionaire or steward are questionable like that analyzed by joe of a specific Miura jota-like in SCM.
    http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profiles/2003/October/Etceterini/index.html

Whether notion of said analysis carrying over to present day is perceived or real...

*ding*

19. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I want to make this perfectly CLEAR.

I am not here to be-little anyone nor cause hate and discontent.

MY point, which I may not be able to make in writing as good as others is simple..

There are way MORE than one type of Lamborghini owner out there, as far as that goes ANY exotic car owner.

It just appears to ME, that this thread an others of the like SEEM to always have one common theme in them....

The car is ONLY good if so and so says its good...It sure is not fun or nice to put your car up here and have and others always knock every little thing on it. There are numerous people that buy a car for the fun of the car, not becuase it is perfect.

This board is suppose to be for the joining of ALL who like cars, regardless of the condition, the price, the year...etc etc etc. NOT because so and so said it is right.....whats next, we all drive are cars off of the edge of the Pebble Beach Golf Course this year......because someone said so????

WHO cares, buy what you want, drive what you want, enjoy what you want....but you should be free to post it here and not fear that it will be picked apart like a "Red headed step child".

I respect ALL people with knowledge of ALL types of things. However knowledge should be handed out with respect and guidance......if not, then such information is just that, information not a learning a pleasent experiance.

All just IMO.....AND I do not expect EVERYONE and maybe NO ONE to agree with me as well.

Thanks Roy

20. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Joe,
    thanks again for your input and advice, I greatly appreciate it and thoroughly enjoy the car and look forward to meeting you and others this August.
    I also have to thank Chad B., great guy to talk to as well and has been an excellent source of knowledge.

I took the wing off so I could get to the water pump easier but I was planning of taking it off anyway. I have always liked the wingless look. As for the engine, the car is heading up to MN soon to be worked on. It runs fine but has a slight early hesitation on hard acceleration and a leaking water pump with some oil drips. I want the engine gone through so I can take it on long trips if the wife can put up with it. I have worked on my share of engines from Ferrari to Porsches but this engine is better left to someone that has more skill than I do.

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Actually, I think the car in question is a pretty cool car.

Unfortunately cars dont choose owners....a saying comes to mind here, not by Caesar or Hitler though (who could actually spell and use proper grammar): "Methinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much". That saying speaks volumes for those with perception.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thats fair enough...
    Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Brian,

You know, it is true enthusiasts like yourself, and countless others that Im priveledged to work with, that make it all worthwhile for me. 20 years of ownership and restoration of multiple cars from the ground up have made it a lifelong passion, but helping those who value my counsel is just the icing on the cake. 2NA will do you right in MN.

Joe
    www.JoeSackey.com

24. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Yes, but of course you have to SLAM people for spelling, JUST as you slam for the cars they buy...

Sorry I did not go to Colleage, but I am sure people can still understand what I am reading.

I keep forgetting you are so PERFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECT!!

Even if you say so yourself

25. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    I just really enjoy cars and discussing them with enthusiast which I think is everyone on this board. Although my wife enjoys cars as well, she can only take so much "car talk".
    This gathering in August is going to be a great time. I just wish that is was sooner so I did not have all summer to wait.
    I appreciate you telling me about 2NA. I think that he will do a great job.