Countach Technical Thread & Questions

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jollygood, Mar 18, 2013.

1. I have started the new week 1 FerrariChat Update poll, please vote... http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrarichat-com-update-week-1-poll.560487/
  1. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    Maybe an idea to have a tech section here on lchat for the almighty Countach!

I want to replace my rubber clutch line on the clutch slave cylinder.
    Not that it is broken but as preventive maintenance!

I just replaced the brake rubber lines with new ones that I got from Goodridge.
    Stainless steel braided type. Very nice piece.

They also supplied me the clutch line but it had the wrong end fittings.
    And they can not supply a correct clutch line they say.

The OEM clutch line/hose has metric threads at both ends, which are M12x1.0.

Has anyone here replaced their OEM clutch line with a SS braided line?
    If so, where can I have one?

PS! Goodridge say that they can make me a clutch line but it will have the diameter of their brake line, which they think can be to thin for a clutch application.

2. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    I would think it is OK. I never have measured clutch pressure vs. brake pressure, but clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder bores are smaller than brake master cylinder and caliper piston bores. That would lead me to believe that a clutch should use less force.

3. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    Goodridge say that their clutch line may be causing the clutch working "lazy" due to hose/line diameter being less than OEM.

So who supplies SS braided metric threaded clutch hose/lines?
    With correct diameter.
    I want a braided hose to also avoid a different clutch feeling when things get hot down there!

4. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Let me know what you find out about your clutch master line.

I'm going to be replacing mine next week.

5. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Sure, will do.
    By the way, there is another company doing these SS braided brake/clutch lines.
    They are DOT approved as well:
    Techna-Fit Online Store

6. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    #6 gday, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'd asked similar questions for my own Countach with the place that works on my cars (Driven Exotics). Steve apparently stocks the various lines (see one pic I was sent).

-mick
    lines.jpg

7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Steve is a nice guy I've had a couple of friendly conversations.

As soon as I know what I need to be needing to replace I'm going to see what he has in stock.

It took me 6 weeks to get the oil filter, I've also been waiting almost 3 months for a simple fuel filter for a carb 5000s.

9. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum

My oil is illegal for street use.

My brake fluid is illegal in FL (ATE Blue)

I might as well add illegal SS lines to my clutch and call it an outlaw model. lmao

10. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Here's one for your electrical gurus.

My fuel gauge has been in-op for a while probably 15+ years. lol

Since my dash is out I decided to correct the few things that were disconnected and or not grounded properly.

I grounded my test light and started poking behind the fuel gauge when I put my test light (with ignition on) on the red and black wire my fuel gauge worked perfect. When I took off the red/black wire it does not work.

I checked the sender unit a while back there's power going to it so I'm assuming it's grounded properly. I have brand new quality fuses in the fuse box so it's not a fuse.

What else needs checked?

11. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Yes, I know Steve. He services my other car.
    Will ask him about the clutch line and if there really are any issues with these thinner SS braided clutch lines.
    Did you already fit this SS clutch line in your car?
    How does the clutch feel and operate?
    Any difference when really warm, like in stand still traffic?
    Thanks for posting the picture.

12. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

My bet is that fuel sender is corroded and/or the wiring on it is broken.
    It is pretty easy to remove and verify.

13. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    #12 triple-x, Mar 20, 2013
    If the fuel sender was not working my gauge would not mark that there's 3/4's full tank which is what it DOES have.

My gauge only works when I ground my test light and touch the red/black wire that's behind the gauge.

I'm willing to bet there's a ground somewhere that is not grounded properly.

I've been going to every ground I see and adding those washers with teeth on them and making sure they are tight. So far I've made my washer squirters, passing lights and a few other things come back to life by going to the grounds I know of and tightening them down.

I'm having the car tuned up later this week. I'll be working on the car with the mechanic and trying to figure out the little that I can't figure out with him. I'm sure within the first hour we'll solve all those mystery wires that go to nowhere and the couple under the dash that simply dont make any sense as to why they are disconnected.
    redblack1.jpg
    redblack2.jpg

14. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  15. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles

16. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    I didn't know you kept the canister type.

Everyone has the spin on type that's the easy one.

You wouldn't happen to have a fuel filter for a carb'd 5000s laying around?

17. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    I have not installed them. This all came up during a bigger discussion I was having regarding my replacement of a clutch slave in my D Roadster.

I would have bet that too.

-mick

18. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    Do you have part numbers on these (preferably manufacturers numbers, not lambo), I might be able to track down a replacement. I know I found the spin on in a few options a while back.

19. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    The filters are UFI filters only. The fuel filter is almost impossible to find.

20. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
  21. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
  22. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    #20 grngryoutmyway, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    Oil is a Baldwin P162, or FIAAM FA4556, or the UFI

It looks like Jolly has a good link for the fuel filter. From what I can find out the Malpassi only has two size regulators, it looks like the larger (high Pressure) 85mm is what is used on the CT? Hopefully someone can confirm. I am getting specs of 48mm diameter x 50mm tall with 8 micron filtering. No inside diameter of the hole, I can probably find a domestic replacement as well if I can get that.

https://www.europaspares.com/product/0/13834/MALPASSI_FILTER_KING___85mm.html

Filters are un marked of course, so Lambo can charge $400 for their box :)

Spin on oil filter Baldwin BT292, Bosch 72116, Napa 1609 (not confirmed)

23. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
  24. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I have a couple of those filters. Are they used on any other car besides Lamborghini?

25. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    I'm under the gun here guys.

If ANYONE has a fuel filter for a 5000s (think it's fuel king) PM me.

I have exactly 2 weeks from today to get everything done for lamborghini festival.

I'm doing 90% of the work on my own. I'm working on the car at least 18 hours a day and getting very little sleep.

Right now I'm doing the dash & hopefully this weekend prepping the wing for paint.

Tomorrow the new clutch master and hoses are going in and if there's enough time the carbs are going to be professionally tuned. While I'm at it I'm also going to do a leak down and a bunch of other stuff that hopefully I can do in only 2 days.

The rest of the weekend I have to spend on the gauge pod which is becoming a biatch to fix. I've posted pix on the Countach thread.

I'm also going to make whole new gauge from scratch then quite possibly once perfected make an entire dash out of carbon fiber this summer.

26. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    If you or someone else can get me measurements on it I can probably get you a part number that would be available at a local parts house. I think all I'm lacking is the center hold diameter.

27. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    I got an original NOS in the mail today.

If it's not the right one I'll let you guys know on Tuesday.

I'm in need of a clutch master and slave, or if anyone knows anyone that rebuilds originals let me know.

I don't want to order the wrong part and have to wait I only have 12 days to have the car fully complete for the show.

28. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

The OEM clutch slave cylinder is yet easily available from any authorized dealer.
    Or try AMH Exotic Parts.
    It is only 50-60 bucks.
    Not worth repairing IMO.

29. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    That's sounds fair for the slave.

I bet you 10 bucks that wont be the case when I call.

OK since you feel 50-60 for a slave is fair how about the master?

Reason I ask.....

I just got hosed by a jerk on my filters.

I spoke to a couple of go to guys that told me that they did not have the parts I needed and it would be a few weeks. Minded I have been waiting for weeks.

I asked this one guy hey do you have this part and that part.

He said yes I HAVE EVERY PART YOU JUST ASKED FOR IN STOCK.

I'm like are you SURE??? CAN YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON THEM??? He said yes I have them right here. Long story short I called him a week later and asked OK where's my parts? ?

He said he had many warehouses and he would have to go personally and locate them, all this sheit after he told me he had them on hand.

All of a sudden when I started to put pressure on him telling him either my parts or a charge back! I started getting parts from people I DID NOT ORDER!

He went on eBay and had the people that were selling parts ship them direct to me three weeks after I paid him!

I run part of my business on eBay therefore I'm on there ALL THE TIME.

I asked a few eBay sellers are these the right parts for my 5000s they said NO QV and up only that's why I didn't buy them.

Well guess what not only did I get those parts I was told that would not work with my car I got charged get this 2+ times more than what I would have if I clicked the buy it now price on eBay.

From what I hear and now have learned the hard way this guy has been doing this for a very long time. What a dooooouche bag.

I'm so friggen pissed right now it's not even funny!

30. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    you have a pm.

31. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Call Evans Automotive (614) 471-7535.

32. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

I was about to suggest the same.
    Call Evans if you are in a hurry.
    He probably stock these for upcoming jobs.
    Slave cylinder is same on Countach and Diablo.

33. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Does anyone know the guy at white racing products in Tampa?

I don't want to get into a pissing match here but he just sent my wife a very rude message on eBay.

By the way he's the guy that hosed us on some parts that Joe in NJ told us he didn't have.

This white guy didn't have the parts he claimed he had and basically used my CC to shop on eBay for parts I could have bought myself on eBay. imagine that.

If anyone had dealings with this a-hole please spill the beans here.

34. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

I realize he trades under various names on eBay.
    Miura parts and Whiteracing is two of them.
    He is/was here and on l p o w e r.
    Here he tried selling low quality (Chinese?) suspension heim jonts for the Countach.
    On lpower he restored that green Diablo that's still on EBay now.

I recently checked their feedbacks and found that they give feedbacks to each other.
    Once I ordered and paid for a wiring manual, never got it.
    So, take care.

35. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    I know all about the Miura user name from way back when.

I also know he shill bids up his crap.

It's funny how he threatened me on eBay when my wife pointed out a few things.

Little does he know all I have to do is pick up the phone call the office of the president ask for a "little favor" and poof he's gone.

I was in a jam and thought I'd give them a try. Boy I should have continued to go with my GUT feeling.

The only reason I used this guy was due to the fact that my go to guys said NO they didn't have the part. Then all of a sudden they are shipping me parts they did not have that I had not ordered from them WTF.

The guy is now turning this around on me and making me look like a bad guy.

95+% of the Lamborghini parts he offers on his website and or on eBay he DOES NOT HAVE in stock and has no choice but to drop ship where ever he can, or when a guy like me puts some serious heat on his asZ.

He charges CC's well in advance then goes shopping for the parts from people I've done business with. NOT COOL.

When I pay someone I expect the part to leave that same day or the next, not have this person shop around and blow smoke up my az$ for THEE F'N WEEKS knowing damn well the car has to be ready for Balboni to enjoy.

Like I told him via email he has no idea who I am, and if he decides to cross me I will crush him like a bug.

Between my combined user names I have well over 75,000 unique positive feedbacks and over 110k overall, without hardly an issue.

That alone should tell you I've seen it all and know it all on the bay.

If you look at his last TWO feedback you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

36. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    On the slave told you so....

Part number 002119311 According to Lambo Dallas factory only @ $365.

5000s takes a different one than the QV which is $40 bucks.

I'm running out of options. I've called no less than 12 people this morning.

37. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Did you talk to Evans?
    Did you talk to Chad Bolles? He might repair it for you. How bad is it?

38. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Did you call Steve @ Driven? He stocks all this stuff including complete and rebuild kits and I'm sure none are 3 digits in price.

-mick

39. GraemeS

GraemeS Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    Auckland New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graeme Stebbing
    Hi triple-x, Could you please post a link to your dash pictures, I have searched for an hour and had no luck finding them.
    thanks
    GraemeS

40. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I have Kurt-limey's kit on my car with no problem. BUT not the singled out bad part. And, I only paid $800 for the kit.

41. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    #39 triple-x, Mar 25, 2013
    I posted them on the Countach thread maybe 5 pages back.

As soon as I get a little time I'll post my own thread from start to finish.

Right now I'm so tired all I want to do is get a good laugh and hit the sack.

I have to go back to working on the motor in the AM and need as much sleep as possible.

Here's a few pix from today. My E-28 ///M5 wheels came in handy today.

Actually it doesnt look all that bad, just funny looking. lol

I sent out the Gotti's out today to get refreshed, after all they are 29 years old.

They are getting wrapped in NOS P-7's front and back.

After the festival they will be wrapped in P-Zero front and back for safety.
    crazy1.jpg
    crazy2.jpg
    crazy3.jpg
    crazy4.jpg

42. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Where are the heim joints in the kit manufactured?
    Do you know for sure?
    Why isn't he selling them anymore?
    What is the singled out bad part? The caster joint?

43. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I don't know where manufactured. I won on ebay at $800.
    I know the part is not on the car as Degroot confirm he ordered that particular part from Lambo Orlando.
    I forgot which one, I'd have to go back to Lpower to find out. Been 3yrs and the guys who bought these kit at $3000 wanted to put it behind.

This is the 2nd thread on this subject. The 1st one did not go well for limey:
    put l a m b o p o w e r in place of the ********
    http://www.**********.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t64359.html

.....and mine may wear out prematurely but they were better than what was on there and it only cost me 800 plus labor. Fix is good for several years at the rate of miles I drive it.

44. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    The guy's name is Kurt White.

It's OK when I have time to catch my breath during the day I'm going to do a charge back on my CC.

He sent my wife an extremely rude and highly offensive message, then towards the end he said he already refunded my money.

Well, I too am a merchant. I know how refunds go,and they DO NOT TAKE A WEEK.

Once you do a refund and batch out that day it gets credited to the client's CC that night or the very next business day.

He's going to not only get a charge back which will count on his merchant record, he's going to get hit with a $25 bank fee, and if he still think's he's going to F with me I'll contact a good friend that just happens to be a high ranking official in his county and make him sweat.

Also, just for the hell of it. Everyone that reads this you all should contact eBay and tell them that he had another account suspended for being a dooouchebag rip off artist. As soon as they link up all his accounts to that suspended account POOF they will shut him down 100%.

I hope he's reading this thread or someone alerts him to this post.

I'm going to take him out and have fun doing so.

The dollar amount wasn't much, but he messed with the wrong guy. If someone rips me off for $10 bucks or $10k it's all the same to me. I'll go at them as aggressive as the law allows.

45. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    Regarding the Heim joints, from what I've read there was supposedly an issue pressing them together. The guy that was selling them supposedly sent many sets to Evans to get assembled properly and I believe he has some kits now? Again just repeating what I have heard, take it for what it is.

46. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Kurt is to Lambo parts as Roy is to the cars.

Both lie cheat and sell garbage.

Oh yeah almost forgot about vapor boy AKA AllanHepries he represents the brand well as an owner.

Maybe those three should collaborate on a magic act and vanish.

Oh crap forgot to add Salamone to the mix. shoooo.

The wonderful world of Lamborghini gotta love it. lmao

47. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Wow, 3K for that kit? Talk about getting hosed...

48. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #46 Jalpa_Mike, Mar 28, 2013
    Here were the photos Kurt posted showing the front and rear sets. I also believe Peter, the joint in question is the "angled" one?

Mike
    countachfront.jpg
    countachrear.jpg
    CountachRearoffset.jpg

49. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Since this is the technical thread, I had someone ask me the other day about my window cranks. Seems like most Countach's have had their cranks break at one time or the other. Problem is, Lamborghini lists them as NLA, and when you could find them back in the day, they were simply black plastic and it was on you to find and install the leather on them to match the interior color.

As most of you know, the window cranks for the Countach are off a FIAT 132 Argenta. I did some digging and found the post I put up about 3 years ago with photo's, costs and procedure. Here is a link for your enjoyment:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/139565465-post9.html

Mike

50. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

OMG..lets add another to your list...AND I BET KURT is really scarred abut your "sicking" a High ranking official on him...crap you still living in 9th grade High School??

I can only assume this was to buy a part for your 99% all orginal banr find Countach??

Back on Topic...post all the pics and info on your 99% perfect barn find Countach as you have been asked...v

51. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    WOW pretty soon there wont be anybody left in this Lambo world for you to talk to...well you will always have Joe nd your PM's to share late at night..

52. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    #50 triple-x, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
    The guy ripped me off and I'm going to let everyone know.

If you ripped me off trust me I would have had your head by now.

Why don't you go pick a fight with Joe is he too busy to entertain you today?

I'm outta here found some energy going to spend it working on my car not sitting here with you breathing the same air.