Dashboard lights won't go out on my F12 on shutdown | FerrariChat

Dashboard lights won't go out on my F12 on shutdown

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by OrangeFan, Sep 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OrangeFan

OrangeFan Rookie

Jul 29, 2017
    Cleveland
    I've done some research via FerrariChat and Google and haven't been able to find much. I'm sure there's an easy fix but it's not coming to me.

I turn my car off, pull my key out of the ignition, exit my car, lock the doors and wait for the dash to go out. Nothing. F12 Berlinetta on the left TFT and the main menu on the right TFT. What the...?!?

This happened before and I've always been able to restart the car, shut down and the lights go off. No such luck this time. I hooked up my battery conditioner in the meantime, but I've now spent too much time trying to figure this out.

Anybody have any suggestions? Maybe a hard reboot? Not that I know how to do that, especially without totally disabling the car.

2. OrangeFan

OrangeFan Rookie

Jul 29, 2017
    Cleveland
    I talked to a service tech at my Ferrari dealer and they think it's related to a sticky reverse button. Funny thing is my reverse button is sticky - they didn't know that before telling me. They suggested getting some WD-40 behind the button with a flattened straw and working the solvent into the button mechanism.