daytona hood struts | FerrariChat

daytona hood struts

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by kmartin, Mar 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kmartin

kmartin Karting

Dec 27, 2009
    No.Va
    I just installed a new set of "fat boy" style hood struts. So disappointed. They are 1 inch shorter than original. Hood opens and closes fine but strut fully extended is not as open as before. Had them shipped from Italy. Anybody else had this experience ?

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #2 TTR, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Sorry to hear, but it seems you're not the first to be disappointed with aftermarket solutions for these.
    Over years I've bought, seen and heard of several different types of reproductions, all disappointing to some degree or another, mostly visually.
    I'm currently developing two designs and might have some prototypes of one in test use on client cars within weeks. The other (possibly too cost prohibitive) design is probably at least few months away from testing.
    Both designs are aimed to provide good working solutions with all visual details and features indistinguishable from OEM.
    Hopefully one of these designs will be good enough to make them available in the future.

3. westextifosi

westextifosi Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2009
    Lubbock, TX
    Full Name:
    Tex Timberlake
    Timo, please keep us up to date on your results. I, for one, would be a player.

4. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Hey we finally finally go the hood struts on from reorginals, and the shop said they are fine. You have to really push on the hood now to close it, something I don't like to do as it flexes and will crack the paint, but at least it is up now.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can.