Deposit down on California replacement (real or rumors?) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Deposit down on California replacement (real or rumors?)

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by nextceo1, Mar 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Does Ferrari get any sister company "help" wrt CAFE and similar?

I think that was a major risk in the IPO (unless they have a work around). If they have to meet the regs (?) independently (?), it will be hard with all v8 and v12 lineup!

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I hear you mate and I pay attention! Cheers.

3. rmmcdaniel

rmmcdaniel Karting

Aug 19, 2012

I have been wondering about this too and assume it is at least part of the calculus on hybrid powertrains, despite the company line that hybrid is only to increase performance.

I did read recently that Ferraro has "small volume manufacturer" agreements in several key markets which may help them reduce/hedge their exposure to the regulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, they are on their own. On the plus side, having the production (sales actually) capped under 10,000/year, give them more leeway. But they still had to go turbo for their V8 models and will go hybrid for their V12s.

5. nextceo1

nextceo1 Karting

Mar 13, 2017
    Sorry I wasnt able to respond earlier, my account got locked for a few days for calling the guy who was trolling me a mean name. To answer a few of the questions, Yes Im in the States and my sales guy at Continental is George.

6. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    George is a pretty straight up guy. He may know the replacement is coming but I doubt any details would have been given to him.

Either way you're in good hands! Good luck.

7. nextceo1

nextceo1 Karting

Mar 13, 2017
    Yeah, George and everyone else at the dealership really dont have any details except they expect it to be introduced sometime later this year and production at this point is set to begin next July.

8. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Checked w/ my (very straightforward) sales rep who stated that he has no info on a completely redesigned 2018 California as detailed in the subject earlier post. Could be true but would be extraordinarily unusual for someone from Ferrari NA to disclose such proprietary info. outside the company. They just don't operate that way.

9. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    2nd the motion. Talked to my sales rep . He also said the 18 Cali will not be upgraded. Said that there would be a few minor changes for the 2018 model year.

10. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I guessing they do a California 30 type send away then introducing a new model. Regardless I can't wait for mine to arrive, the wait has been epically long.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

11. rmmcdaniel

rmmcdaniel Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    The originator of this thread is referring to the 2019 Cali, not 2018.

12. rmmcdaniel

rmmcdaniel Karting

Aug 19, 2012

I just realized this thread has been merged with another that was titled to the effect of 'new 2018 Cali' so see where the confusion is. Intent of the other thread it was merged with is re: 2019 Cali, which seems to be publicly acknowledged as a new car given the 8 year lifecycle to replacement model.

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Not at all - the whole point of all these threads is the next California type car which some folk think will be launched as soon as this Autumn (calendar year 2017) so in fact multiple threads differentiated by model year does not help the main thrust in the slightest

14. rmmcdaniel

rmmcdaniel Karting

Aug 19, 2012

I agree it may be launched this fall (2017) as a 2019 model. I do not believe production on the new model will begin until summer 2018.

15. nextceo1

nextceo1 Karting

Mar 13, 2017
    Yep, totally agree with that assessment.

16. cranky

cranky Karting

Aug 7, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Michael S
    Maybe I should wait for the fall announcement before buying a used California? I mean, the price should drop quickly on the used market with an all new model coming out...

17. nextceo1

nextceo1 Karting

Mar 13, 2017
    Its mid April and still havent seen any Spy Photos of the Cali Replacement Car. According to the Local Ferrari Dealership, they are expecting to see the new car unveiled in Sept at Auto Show in Frankfurt. If that holds true, does anyone have an idea of when the Test Mules are typically spotted...example: 3 months before launch?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance...

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Post on a UK forum that Ferrari UK are no longer taking orders for the T due to new model in September which "will look a lot like a smaller version of the 812 Superfast"

19. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Very interesting. I hope the last comment is hyperbole.
    T

20. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Can order in September? or start shipping September?

21. nextceo1

nextceo1 Karting

Mar 13, 2017
    I believe it will be introduced in September at the Frankfurt Motor Show...just my best guess. Orders will begin in the Spring of 2018 and Production will begin soon after. I do know that October will be the last production month for the Cali T.

22. IMPEX4

IMPEX4 Karting

Feb 5, 2006
    Full Name:
    Eric
  23. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    I saw the Alfieri when it was introduced at Laguna Sec in summer of 2015.
    Beautiful bodywork but definitely Maserati design lines and not Ferrari.
    It was much smaller, especially inside, than I had expected, similar in size to a 911 and maybe a touch smaller to my eye. I was not comfortable sitting in it.

24. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Gone for a while, back to the forum and I found this interesting thread. So the nextceo is not a kid in the basement, and he won overall?? lol. Totally trying to stir up **** again. Sorry. lol.

25. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The price of used Cali's (non t) is probably already pretty low.
    The current Cali will take a bigger hit when the replacement is announced.