Diablo, espada, urraco | FerrariChat

Diablo, espada, urraco

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by topcarbon, Mar 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I am toying with the idea of getting a Lamborghini again.
    I can't make up my mind on which.
    I really want back into the Countach but that is a little out of my reach.
    I love the '70s styling of the urraco and the espada.
    The there is the Diablo that I have always loved.
    I don't know what to do.

2. Chipster

Chipster Rookie

Aug 21, 2008
    Chantilly, VA
    Full Name:
    Chip Connell
    J, I think you'd do ok with any of them since you have other cars to drive too. I'd vote Diablo

3. carfetish

carfetish Rookie

Oct 23, 2014
    I absolutely love my Diablo Roadster!! It's a very good driver and newer technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    If the Countach is out of your reach, any Diablo after 94 would be my pick. They drive SOOO well. I think Diablo Roadster is incredible (pop up lights) the sound is just amazing. Personally, After driving a 91, 96 SV, 96 Roadster, and even an Aventador SV Roadster, I best prefer the 96 SV.... This is coming from a guy who drives a Honda 4cyl :p

5. 2aftercannonball

2aftercannonball Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2006
    #5 2aftercannonball, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I want to cry

7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You wouldn't be buying the Espada for it's breathtaking performance. You've identified 3 very different cars. The Urraco will be the nimblest. Find your service facility and see if they've worked extensively on the model you want. I would guess that the Diablo would be the easiest for parts and service but I've never owned one. Espadas are a lot of car which means there's lots to restore and fix, huge amounts of interior. Amazing styling. They ride incredibly well for a car from that era. Buy one already done if you can find it.

8. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I have owned three diablos

currently i have two Ferrari 308s

The Urraco seems cool, but may be too similar to the 308s.

The Espada that I get would be sorted and in good shape.

Or should I just wait out the market and pray for a correction in the Countach market.
    I would not expect the COuntach to come down to $100k again, but come down none the less

9. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #9 cnpapa24, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    You should drive a each and see what you like best. They are all very different. I personally think the Urraco is a very cool car and I wouldn't equate the drive to that of a 308 but certainly closer than a Diablo, which is another world altogether.

10. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Very different cars indeed!

The Urraco is very nimble, very agile, has a great chassis. I love its little engine which revs like crazy and sounds like no other V8. It is not overly impressive in terms of raw power, but actually it is sufficiently powerful to derive a lot of pleasure without putting you at risk.

The Espada is a great grand tourer. But it also has a sporty edge if you really push it hard, amazing to have two such different behaviours on the same car. However, it is a huge car and it can be a little bit intimidating, especially in town. The maintenance budget is not on the same level.

I don't know the Diablo first hand but I guess it is quite close to the Countach which is always amazing to drive. Each time is a special occasion.

The Urraco and the Espada are both vintage Italian cars with all the good and the bad associated with them. Pick a good one and maintain it properly and you'll have tons of pleasure.

11. zedmtrappe

zedmtrappe Rookie

Jun 29, 2012
    I think as you have already ticked the Diablo & Countach boxes it has to be the Espada!

If I ever get back into a V12 Lambo again it's the Espada for me - such a cool car, and so different from... well .. everything else?

Love this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl6UYDLW1WU

12. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Dare I say in the Lamborghini section, you may also want to look at the Bora. It is a lot of car for the money. A great grand tourer and excellent build quality.

13. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    3 very different cars - a GT car (the espada), a nimble fun car you could likely use everyday (Urraco), and an evolution of the Countach.

Depends what you want to do with it.

14. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #14 staatsof, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Way easier to take care of too but nothing beats a Countach for attention getting and noise.
    The Bora is an Armani or Brione suit, the Countach is more Michael Braun.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    yes, three different cars
    I won't be daily driving any of them
    Occasionally they will be exercised

The espada looks so different
    thought it would be cool to have one

16. Just a thought, not a Lamborghini, but still vintage, cool, fast, and somewhat affordable. The Pantera.

17. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I want to stick with a Lamborghini

I know there a lot of alternatives

I miss having one

18. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Go ahead and satisfy your curiosity! The Espada is certainly one of the most exotic sorta 4 passenger cars ever made. For a car so low to the ground it's not hard to get in & out of. Back seat is tight. I wish mine had PS but you can add an electric version for about $4K?.

19. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
  20. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Funny how I was speaking with the owner on this already

21. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    so, one on BAT, one with Roy, one at Gullwing, and another out of Florida

Tempting me to get back into a Lamborghini

22. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    From the few pics I've seen of Roy's car it looks like a really nice example.

23. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    Jason,
    i like Urraco look, interior and history but you coming from countach and diablos ...they are an other league cars
    if you can get an urraco for cheap, go for it...if you have to spend really close to 91 diablo money...Diablo all the way for me

i had a jalpa and there is no comparison diablo Vs V8 lamborghinis to me, with the only exception of the silhouette that is just so perfect looking (but so expensive today)

i strongly suggest go drive an urraco 250 before pulling the trigger on one

values for early diablos today are ridicolous low, but a USA P250 compares to a diablo more or less like an F40 compares to a Dino 246...you can like the look of the Dino but on the road is a totally different experience

24. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Good advise

25. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great point, Emilio. Though a good early Diablo is very difficult to find in the U.S. You will need to be patient if you go this direction.