Did you drive your Dino today? I did! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Did you drive your Dino today? I did!

Discussion in '206/246' started by dinogts, Nov 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rosemeyer

rosemeyer Karting

Aug 13, 2010
    100 miles today under mainly bright skies. Never thought that would be possible in Toronto on Dec. 25th! Merry Christmas to all.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

2. dino2X6lover

dino2X6lover Karting

May 26, 2015
    Los altos, CA
    Full Name:
    . . .
    Cool thread! Ever since I got my dino a couple weeks ago, I've been taking her out at least once a day to pick my son up from school, drive to a meeting, pick up groceries, or just drive.

I found an amazing hilly area surrounded by beautiful homes, orchards, lots of trees, and windy roads with views. What feels like 5 minutes is actually 45 once I look at the time. My productivity at work and home has gone down significantly since getting lost on purpose, but at the same time I've never felt this alive.

Would love to see more Dinos in the wild. Taking the words of Magnus, let's get out and drive!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

CC

3. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Since my town had 22" of snow fall on Tuesday, and today's high temperature may reach 20 degrees F., I'll have to pass on a Dino drive today (and probably tomorrow, too!). At this time of the year, only the battery tender gets to spend any quality time with my Dino! Fred

4. Lupivibo

Lupivibo Rookie

Jul 4, 2015
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Luis Villas Boas
    #179 Lupivibo, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. er72

er72 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Roslyn Harbor, NY
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    What is this Dino car cover in the previous message? Where do I get one?

6. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    2nd that, I want one as well. Where can we find one?

7. Lupivibo

Lupivibo Rookie

Jul 4, 2015
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Luis Villas Boas
    Tom Hartley Junior ;)

8. dino2X6lover

dino2X6lover Karting

May 26, 2015
    Los altos, CA
    Full Name:
    . . .

Absolutely beautiful shots!

Took it out again this week to get some fresh air. Truly nothing compares to this feeling.

[​IMG]

CC

9. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
  10. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    #185 GermanDino, Mar 3, 2016
    while on holiday in South Africa the lovely Dino owner Rolf and Neil organized a Mini Dino Tour around Cape Town and into the vineyards today.... Neil offered me his Dino 246 GTS for the full day! I have to say it can't go getter than a Dino day out around Cape Town... what a great event! It's so lovely here!
    great time, amazing people, full sunny day, fantastic food... you can't ask for more ��
    206 GT #00342
    246 GTS #06742, #07674, #07700 (flares LHD)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    #186 GermanDino, Mar 3, 2016
  12. 6c1750ss

6c1750ss Rookie

Dec 7, 2008
    #187 6c1750ss, Mar 6, 2016
  13. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #188 abstamaria, Mar 23, 2016
  14. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    #189 Telaio, Mar 24, 2016
  15. dino2X6lover

dino2X6lover Karting

May 26, 2015
    Los altos, CA
    Full Name:
    . . .
    Incredible photos everyone!! Aching to take mine out but snowed under (in work!!) 😁

CC

16. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Fantastic, Kevin.

17. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    That thing must drive like a bullet train!

Freeman

18. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    #193 Telaio, Mar 25, 2016
    Sure is 😀 Accelerating away from marauding Germans on the " no limits " Autobahns is a great buzz 😎 Cheers fellow funsters, Kev.

19. dino2X6lover

dino2X6lover Karting

May 26, 2015
    Los altos, CA
    Full Name:
    . . .

Hats off. I admire how you're driving through rain, shine, and snow. Really driving it like it's stolen! Enjoy the trip, sounds like an incredible one!

20. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    In a little over a month, I will have owned 04808 for forty years. Until a beautiful early November day last fall, I had never driven it later than October. Yesterday, Easter Sunday, the temperature on the south shore of Lake Ontario was close to 70 F., and for the first time ever, I drove the Dino in March! I'm glad that I did, as next week they are predicting a return of the dreaded "polar vortex." Since this was the inaugural drive of the year, it was extra-special. Some people seemed startled as the Dino drove by. I don't know if it was the "early sighting" or the fact that they didn't know what it was! In any event, it rekindled the Dino love affair that started for me over fifty years ago, with the 1965 Dino Berlinetta Speciale. Fred

-K1- likes this.
  21. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Enjoy, Fred.

22. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Thanks, Andres. I enjoyed your beautiful photos that you took after your drive last week. Fred

23. MarkT

MarkT Karting

Jun 7, 2004
    mountains-NC
    Full Name:
    Mark Turczyn
    Fred-

Congratulations on your long ownership. I bought 04894 when I was 24 in the fall of 1974.

Like yourself--I also found myself driving my Dino more this March then I have in years. I think it is the combination of the warmer then normal weather up here in the mountains of NC- and for the last few months I find myself dwelling on how amazed I was-and still am- to be able to own this Dino when I was only making $6K a year and living in a dump at $70 a month. This was the magical car of my youth.

Now at 65 I am strongly pulled to drive it more often then I have since I restored it 10 years ago. Driving it now brings back many many great memories while blending with the current joy this car brings you while driving it on the back roads.

It has been a wonderful constant in my life.

24. Nemo4

Nemo4 Rookie

Sep 2, 2006
    Hey, Fred and Mark:

01168 and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary in July. I share your sentiments. These cars slay you when you see one, amaze you when you drive one and, maybe best of all, become, if you're lucky enough to own one, a gratifying "constant in your life." (Well said, Mark!)

Congrats,

Geoff

25. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Mark and Geoff, It's great to hear from two other long-term Dino owners who still have the fever after all these years. I don't know of another car that has engendered the loyalty and passion that the Dino brings out. I'm now 68, and will never own another car as long as I've already had my Dino. It's hard to explain why anyone would want to own a car for as long as we have had our Dinos. Speaking for myself, I never imagined when I bought my Dino that I would own it forty years down the road. But then, I never thought about being 68 when I bought it at age 28! As you so correctly stated, Mark, our Dinos have been a wonderful constant in our lives. These days, there aren't many people, much less mere things, about which that statement can be made. Forza Dino, guys! Fred

-K1- likes this.