Dino 246 starter motor. | FerrariChat

Dino 246 starter motor.

Discussion in '206/246' started by John246, Sep 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John246

John246 Karting

May 14, 2010
    New Zealand.
    Full Name:
    John Skevington
    My Dino needs a new starter solenoid at present. I see on the Superformance site that they offer a new, uprated starter motor for not a lot more cost than a solenoid for my original starter... have any of you had any experience with this option, and have fitted one to your car. Your advice would be much appreciated.

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Pity you are on the other side of the planet as I have a brand new one in the garage.

I have had the SF (as above) unit and it works fine but the gear reduction starter is the way to go if you are not concerned about keeping it original. Lets face it you cannot see the starter with the heat shield in position.

3. John246

John246 Karting

May 14, 2010
    New Zealand.
    Full Name:
    John Skevington
    Thanks very much for the info. What is the one you have available, and price please. I am not worried about keeping her original since you don't see it as you say. After 33 years of hard starting, it would be a good alternative all right. Cheers...John.

4. John246

John246 Karting

May 14, 2010
    New Zealand.
    Full Name:
    John Skevington
    Can someone who uses the gear reduction replacement starter please advise which is the best one to purchase, and are they universal fitting to all series Dino 246 models. Thanks.

5. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
  6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
  7. John246

John246 Karting

May 14, 2010
    New Zealand.
    Full Name:
    John Skevington
    Thanks for your assistance guys.... much appreciated

8. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Try out Gustafson reduction starters. Top notch quality. I use them all the time, and keep the original.

They will ship.

Regards, Alberto

9. Tobi

Tobi Karting

Jun 24, 2011
    Alto Palatinato
    Wosp is said to be good by a Dino expert, too: http://www.wosperformance.co.uk/
    Not original, but a good temporary replacement. They are also smaller and easier to install.