Does anyone know this 365GT 2+2? | FerrariChat

Does anyone know this 365GT 2+2?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by MTB, Mar 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MTB

MTB Rookie

Mar 12, 2017
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Michael Bennett
    #1 MTB, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm on a quest to find the 365 that belonged to my wife's father when he died in 1974. She was 3 at the time and I'd like to find his actual car for her. All we have to go on are the following facts: his name was Dr. Sheldon Errol Nesler, who was a young radiologist who lived in Highland Park, Illinois and practiced in the surrounding areas until his untimely death in his early 30's. His wife Leah sold the car soon after his death. We have nothing else to go on except the attached picture, which shows the IL plate JW 5353. The car looks to be silver with a tan interior, although Dr. Nesler's close friend told us recently that he remembers that the car was green and also recalled that her father had purchased it used. I contacted State Farm, who insured the car, and the response I got was "our records dont go back that far." I thought about contacting the Illinois DMV but I doubt they would give me the VIN, which is the holy grail of finding this car. Only 800 of these beautiful cars were imported to the States; so I'm hoping someone may have some information about this car or an idea to help me locate the VIN. If you have any thoughts for me please reply. Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
  3. sinkman

sinkman Karting

Oct 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil

Hi Michael,
    I wish you well in your quest.
    BTW, the total production run over 4 years (from 1967 to 71) was 801. 52 were RHD and a significant number were made for the European market. What I am trying to say is that far less than 800 are in the US.
    Please keep us informed if you manage to track the car down. It would be a great story if you can.
    Best Regards
    Phil

4. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Send a request to Marcel Massini. Hopefully he can assist you.

5. MTB

MTB Rookie

Mar 12, 2017
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Michael Bennett
    How do I contact Mr. Massini?

6. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    It depends on the weather forecast where you are.
    If it's overcast, you just flash the bat signal into the night sky.

You can also reach him here on Fchat http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/16985.html

7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Fixed.

8. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City