Exotics in Springfield, Il | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Exotics in Springfield, Il

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by FordMan, Oct 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Isringhausen has a Porsche Carrera GT!!!!

2. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey Bobby. I was just there today looking at the new S-Class. Did you stop in?

3. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I did for a moment, I do from time to time. The Porsche Carrera GT is one of the best cars IMO. I wasn't expecting to see one in Springfield Illinois ever. What do you think of the new S-class, I know a guy who is considering getting his wife one, that's basically all she has ever driven.

4. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    One to consider is the E350 4matic. We rented one in Miami (it was a 2wd though) and drove it to Key West maybe 2 years ago. Very nice car. Exterior looks very nice in my opinion since they did away with those awful oval headlights from years past. Ride was excellent but of course the roads are better down there. I never floored the gas to see what it had but everywhere we went it had plenty of power and accelerated nice enough to make me happy and I like cars that have enough power. Interior was very nice. Front seating area seemed similar in size to my S500. Rear seating area is of course much smaller. Nice center console. Had the standard steering wheel which was kinda cheap looking but a nicer steering wheel is an option. I would get one probably fully loaded. My S500 is so overly loaded with electronics etc. Air ride suspension. If I was to get another MB I would get a E350. Simple V-6. No turbos. No air ride to give you problems. Being smaller it is easier to park also.

Rodney
    1990 348 TS
    2006 S500 4matic
    plus a few others

5. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Rodney,
    Thank you for the feedback, I had looked at one of those and the new E63 AMG. They don't need a car to race on the streets lol but they like having a bigger car and they usually don't get a 4matic due to the size of engine they get in them. I have another friend who is considering getting the new E63 AMG, I think that would be fun.

Bobby

6. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    My next car will probably be an AWD Lexus LS. Had a Lexus LS before I bought my MB S500. Never had a problem with it. Brakes, tires, battery etc of course. Had it like 7 years. Still looked and rode like a new car when I sold it. Was 2WD and terrible in the snow so I only wanted AWD when I looked to upgrade. I think a Lexus is a terribly reliable car and getting to be 60 soon that is what I want. They do not look as good as the S class MB but I'll live with that. If I can get a LS without the air ride I would do that also. Less to worry about.

Rodney

7. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #57 Michael B, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes, the E is nice... And I already have one sitting next to my current S-class...

Well... You know - I dont like the gauge cluster. The new S has been designed for the Asian market (it has become their largest market & is growing at an alarming rate) so our domestic taste is no longer favored. The two large flat screens that now resemble a cluster are just not my bag. The rest of the interior is very good though. And the center console is artfully crafted. Even the steering wheel deserves praise.

Body wise it took me a while to warm up to my current S-Class rear flanks. But now I am sold on them (my E-Class adopted the swoop as well). So to see the lack of the swoop is somewhat disappointing. BUT the new body is very good looking. No complaints - I will just miss the swoop.

The engine is the kicker for me. My current mount is a S-550 with RENNtech mods. And I like it (probably 425HP) but the new twin turbo 550 will be perfectly suited for more boost and a nice round of mods. I would bet 500HP will be easy.

So do I like it? I do.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Thank you for your input, I would have to agree with you on the gauge cluster. Very nice vehicles & we can't forget about the CS, amazing automobile! Do you think you will trade or get another exotic anytime soon?

9. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #59 Michael B, Jan 17, 2014
    I am always looking. I just had a few vintage cars that I played with for a bit. Both British. I did not fall in luv so after some motoring off they went to new out of State owners!

10. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Very nice, can't forget the vintages.

11. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I'm pretty sure I saw cars that looked like these just sell at Barrett Jackson. Did you put yours in the auction?

12. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #62 Michael B, Jan 17, 2014
    Well... I do believe that is where they ended up. The Jag left about two months ago (it was a pretty rare "S Type"). The Daimler rolled out just last month (talk about rare. V8 Hemi equipped. Made about 2500 of them). They were both great candidates for BJ auctions.

I moved on to a 1986 Porsche 3.2 liter Carrera once those Brits were sold. While growing up I rolled around in a 1983 911 S/C (drove it for nine years) and always coveted the 3.2 liter winged Carrera. Well I found one recently (actually it found me) that the previous owner had asked his family to be sure that I got it if he (the then owner) had ever met his demise. Sadly he did indeed pass away - And the family (following his wishes) offered me the car - after they made some attempts to figure out what to do with it.

I happily bought it & now have plans to enjoy it with my oldest Son in mind.

13. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    That is pretty cool, I believe they sold yesterday if those were in fact the same cars. I looked through the lists today, I have it taped for this weekend.

I'm sure your son will enjoy it, it sounds to me like you have a pretty cool job.

14. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Not willing to say what yet, but there will be another exotic in Springfield arriving Saturday.
    650 HP/550 lb ft torque
    Pictures maybe Sunday

15. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    That is great news, the suspense is going to drive me crazy. Those sound like nice specs to me. I am assuming it is yours? I am glad to hear of another exotic coming to Springfield, I hope you post pictures as soon as possible.

16. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I have been racking my brain trying to think of the different cars it could be. I am glad it arrives tomorrow, too bad it snowed again. I can't wait to find out what it is, I am looking forward to seeing pictures!

17. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    #67 f4udriver, Feb 15, 2014
    Just got back from a rather grueling 2,500 mile round trip to pick up my new car

It has a 700 HP Katech motor, so just 120 less then my current Mosler but it is fully track prepared with racing seats and harness, incredible brakes and virtually everything that could be removed is in boxes. The previous owner said he calculated the down force at 2000 ponds at 150mph and he said it weighs 2,200 ponds now.

There were 21 Mosler's made in the US one has been burned to the ground so I now own 10% of the remaining US cars. It looks black but it is actually a very dark blue. Before I drive it on the street I will need to put mufflers on it as it is crazy loud without them.

It does show some paint issues from being on the track but I may have it wrapped. Thinking of a copper and black

18. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I was just thinking that I have never actually seen your Mosler and now you have another one! Congratulations! It looks and sounds superb! I hope to see it soon & on the streets! Where did you pick it up from? & what will it take to get a ride? Avesolutely breath taking!

19. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    What kind of Mosler is, like which model? I think that car would look good in any color! I like that dark color, I like your maroon color and I like the orange color that some are. Personally I think white would be too plain...not that that car would need help getting attention! Once again, congrats!

20. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    Congrats Mike!
    Hope to see it in the near future.

21. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    #71 f4udriver, Feb 18, 2014
    This is what I plan to do to the car. It is a copper wrap.
    Started it tonight and it really needs some mufflers before I put it on the street.
    The car in the picture is not a Mosler but it is similar and this is the general direction I am thinking of going, with race numbers and stickers etc.

22. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    That will look great, can't wait to see it on the street. Will you track it?

23. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Mike,

Great machine. You have really done it well - again! Bravo.

24. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Plans are difficult to get sorted out, I just got back from meeting with the painter (minor issues from being on the track), and a programmer (mid range rpm needs some work), and a mechanic friend (mufflers). It is so loud it can not be driven on the street so I am going to work on that first. Then I need to find someone willing to remove tires from the Dymag carbon fiber wheels to mount them on the BBS wheels.

Then I plan to take it to the Autobahn in Joliet and see if I like racing. Then after that is out of my system I think I will wrap it as shown above. Don't want to wrap it then get a rock chip on the new wrap.

And then if I decide to not keep it, my long term plan is to trade it on an Aventador when they get to a more reasonable price. But that may take a year or so.

It may be a stretch but I will soon have 6 cars that can go over 200mph.
    Mosler 820 HP
    Mosler 700 HP
    Ford GT 650 HP
    Mclaren 618 HP
    Countach (186 top, but that was on an oval in 1986)
    2014 Vette ( after I put a supercharger on it)

25. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey Mike. I am a full member there & would be happy to bring you in as a guest for the day (if you need anything like that). Always welcome when you roll in with a member.

I will drop you an email sometime with some suggestions on good dates. But I am there all the time (at least it seems like!).