F1 Simulator | FerrariChat

F1 Simulator

Discussion in 'Technology' started by cavallinofans, Aug 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    #1 cavallinofans, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #2 peterp, Aug 5, 2015
    This looks to be the same simulator Ferrari uses at the Ferrari Museum in Maranello and the Enzo Museum in Modena. Do you know who makes the chassis? The simulator Ferrari uses seems to be Assetto Corsa. It's discussed a bit more in this thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/f1/494094-ferrari-simulation-center-milan.html
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Bengalfed

Bengalfed Rookie

Sep 15, 2010
    Italy / USA
    Full Name:
    John Speed
    They are made by the same company (Evotek Simulator) Unfortunately (For customers), the Ferrari Museum uses the old simulators, with old hardware, and pretty outdated Assetto Corsa software (I am told they developed the software together). Same goes for the ones in Milan, which are possibly even older. They supposedly purchased old / outdated simulators from previous owners, although they advertise them as state of the art. The latest Evotek is in fact the 027 (See website) and has the up to date Assetto Corsa, as well as updated hardware and some cool new features like Active Seatbelts and the G-Seat. the 027 cannot really be compared to the outdated 026. If you're around Maranello, go have lunch at Pasticcino (Legendary Ferrari Cook and owner of the awesome restaurant) and ask for them, they will most likely be there, together with some really interesting people. It a must be seen place.

4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    The original Milan store was closed and now there is a new one in a different location. I guess the simulator there is brand new too.

5. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    Indeed cavallinofans is right. The new Milan store has the old / outdated simulators (Used ones). The new simulators can be seen, for example, at Imola, from time to time. I am pretty sure the Ferrari Store in Milan has nothing to do with Evotek, as even Assetto Corsa is really outdated. It's a pity that both the Ferrari museum and the Milan store do not showcase the latest Evotek Simulator, as it is dramatically better.

6. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    P.S. You can also see from the pictures posted how the real simulator has both Evotek's logo and model number, while the Store's one made a cover trying to hide it. Has anyone any photos of the Museum's ones?

7. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #7 peterp, Aug 6, 2015
    The picture I posted in post #3 is from the Museum in Maranello (they have 4 simulators in Maranello and 1 in the Enzo Museum in Modena). Below is a picture of a Ferrari F1 simulator they have in a Ferrari rental place called "Auto Sport" (2 minute walk from the Ferrari Museum in Maranello). The cost is 20 EUR for 10 minutes at the Auto Sport versus 25 EUR for 7 minutes at Ferrari.

8. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    @PeterP As far as I know these are all old ones (Fiberglass chassis, old hardware and software). The new 027 club edition should be carbon fiber tub, latest Assetto Corsa software, updated dynamics and software for hardware, etc. updated hardware, active seatbelt and I am not 100% sure if the G Force seat is available yet or still in the final stages of development, but that is super cool too.
    All the simulators are made by Evotek Simulator, but the ones mentioned by you are from 2012 and basic models without updates, whereas now hey have have the 027 Club Edition. It's more of less like DOS and Windows.

9. Balsamic

Balsamic Rookie

Nov 20, 2007
    The 027 is actually a really cool and realistic simulator, possibly the best one available without spending millions of dollars.

10. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    They are cool simulators, yes, however they have little range of motion. They don't do much to mimic lateral g-forces, whereas I have seen some that are a lot better with respects to that.

This is much more like it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJoi-1g0IzI

11. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    Interesting simulator, unfortunately looking at the video the motion seems quite slow, which bring into question motion sickness, which does not happen with the 027, thanks to the lighting fast reaction times. The 027, in my experience also has some cool tricks to make you think you're turning. You should have a try if you could. this looks more like a videogame simulator, the other is state of the art. Have you seen the Red Bull Simulator? F1 Pilots seem to train on simulators that act like the 027.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE-Fge3gN9w
    I am pretty sure the 027 has faster reaction times than conventional aero based simulators.

12. Balsamic

Balsamic Rookie

Nov 20, 2007
    I tried many simulators, the best was the 026. I can not imagine how the 027 can be now!
    Have you tried it?

13. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    Yes and I will hopefully have one soon too.

14. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I tried Evotek's web site. It's not the best. How much are these things and where does one buy one?

15. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    @Ingenere, I think the best way to contact them is via email (the ones I am familiar with).
    The price of the system is between 70k and 120k USD and IMHO it is worth every penny and more. As 99% of Italian websites, it is kind of year 2000...I still have to come to terms with Italian websites. They make some of the most beautiful things in the world, but when it comes to the web...No comment. I can assure you that as much as the website is retro and without many information, the real word of the simulator is pretty astounding, or to put it mildly, they have no competitor in terms of professional and I stress "Professional" simulation vs price. Evotek's system is geared toward the pros that also want to have good fun.

Contacts: [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

16. senna1219

senna1219 Karting

Feb 15, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I have done one at Andretti Sped Lab here in Atlanta. Its fun

17. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    #17 cavallinofans, Aug 14, 2015
    Shot some more pictures of the latest 027 "BETA EVO" today. this is the mockup of the final version. The structure is more compact a lot more versatile and easy to mount and take apart. the monitors are blended in with the whole structure and they look sleeker. there's carbon fiber and probably Alcantara coming as a final touch. You can appreciate the level of quality and engineering that goes into this simulator, from the active seatbelt high quality motors to the complex and professional steering wheel, as well as the state of the art forged mechanical parts. Everything is geared toward perfection.

18. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    #18 cavallinofans, Aug 14, 2015
  19. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    cavallinofans, I am guessing you represent this company.....? This whole thread seems like an advertisement.

20. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    I do not, I am a client that appreciates the pro work that is behind it.
    I have no business affiliation at all, I can assure you. Those are parts of my upcoming simulator. I cannot understand how someone so intimately linked to Ferrari has never made it on FC

21. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Rookie

Jul 26, 2011
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Max
    @cavallinofans That is spectacular!

I can truly appreciate the effort, quality, and detail of that system.
    Will you be setting it up state side or is it staying in the EU?

Thanks for sharing,
    Max

22. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    @TheEngineer, It will probably do events around the world. On a good day it can sell a lot of rides and at 25 euros for 7 minutes (That's how much Ferrari sells the ride for the old version of the simulator, which is missing a ton of hardware and software updates, making it 2 years outdated), you do the math. Of course, the Ferrari Museum is one thing, but you can compete on much better hardware and software and also on price.
    Ferrari, according to the kids running it, takes home 1500+ euros / day. Network 2 or 3 of these together and you can have a lot of fun. Soon enough you have one for free, or at least that's the medium term plan. It does not sound like a stupid idea. If you make it travel from week to week and run it properly, it seems quite easy to pull home 5 to 10k profit a month per simulator. It's a chance to give a job to a couple of unemployed kids and have fun in the process. Who knows...

23. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Screw unemployed kids! I'll run it for you! ;)

Seriously, are you thinking about mounting it (or two?) in a shipping container? I've seen that before; very nice with A/C (suckers get hot!). Just drop it wherever you want, put up some signs and the lines will be long I feel.....

Good luck with the venture, please keep us informed on progress.

Cheers,
    Ian

24. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I just did two runs on the simulator at the museum in Maranello, loved it even if it is outdated!

25. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    @Fast_ian, anyone that wants to get into a partnership and buying 2 or 3 together and have them go around, I am wiling to think about it. I think they can easily be a money making machine, just like they are in Maranello, provided it's well organized and run.