F12 in Dubia wrapped horribly | FerrariChat

F12 in Dubia wrapped horribly

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by cwazyeurodrivr, Aug 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
  2. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    ... and all I can say is:

1) Money can't buy taste

2) Where I grew up, this brat kid walking around carrying a purse and wearing his blue designer pajamas would've gotten the crap beaten out of him in seconds flat.

hoyas490 likes this.
  3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Belongs to Mario's thread

4. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I get the feeling (via a quick Google) that this kids family are probably worth more than Louis Vuitton and it's likely they have their blessing to do this. It seems it's not the first car he's done this to.

I had to Google Supreme also as I'never heard of them.

Personally I've never seen the attraction of LV.

Still, when you have so much money that nothing is impossible what do you strive for? Making it to start with is part of the fun/reward.

5. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    Copyright and trademark laws are there for a reason... I doubt these people asked permission or paid for the rights. Doesn't matter how much money they have , follow the rules.

6. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Normally I agree with this, but if you have a limitless pot of money, say it's simply bubbling up out of the ground in your back yard, then that often tends to put people of litigation.

I'd be very surprised to find that there's not permission for this from the trademark holder, look at the advertising it's generating alone.

7. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    IDK, 2 different clothing and accessory brands 1 high end, 1 f(rom the looks of the NY website) very low end.

Time will tell I guess.

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    LV is the largest luxury goods firm in the world. Their revenues in 2016 alone were 35 billion Euros! Also, even small companies have won in court agains corporate behemoths! All these are irrelevant though. What matters is the vulgarity of that brat and his heinous taste. Loads of money and a culture of showing off result in an explosive mix of crassitude.

9. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    Agreed! This kid will soon think he's teflon , above the law, can do anything they want without penalties like many other wealthy

10. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Look at the hate on here.

Sure it's not my taste, but each to his own. At least it's a wrap and can be peeled off.

The Supreme/LV thing seems to be some sort of collaboration between the two companies and it's selling by the container load by the looks of it. I don't find any of it attractive in the slightest. That said, I also don't like dull grey Ferrari's.

Life would be very boring if we all liked the same thing.

I guess if you were 15 and your parents were two of the most powerful/wealthy people in Dubai your sense of value might be somewhat skewed.

11. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    No hate from me... just stating the facts... and not alternative facts ;-)

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ahahahah Olivier I'm the bad guy but the aesthetical final judge is you

13. Hoagers

Hoagers Karting

Dec 4, 2016
    When someone goes out on such an extreme he is doing it FOR attention otherwise he wouldn't have posted it on the internet by doing so it is open for critiquing. If anyone expects only praise for all they do that means they must have attended UC Berkeley.

I'll only comment on his choice of wraps not venture into who he is - sad to see but like the joke in the movie "Airplane" - "he bought his ticket, he knew what he was getting into.. I say let them die!". He bought the car he can do as he pleases just don't expect everyone else to be on board with you. I've seen a maybe $1000 Toyota wrapped in LV vinyl cruising around here in San Diego. Not my choice of day use pajamas or "European man satchel" either

14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #14 Eilig, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well perhaps you'd feel better if we all sat around a campfire with this little brat, complimented him on his adorable purse, and sang Kumbaya...

Seriously, its this kind of crassness that fosters the hate that I receive from people in the general public when I drive up in a Ferrari, because they (mistakenly) think I'm just a "showoff" like this little POS. When actually, I'm just a guy who likes beautiful high performance cars.

It's also showoffs like this that keep cheetahs and lions as pets, for example, "just because" they can, which amounts to animal abuse.

It is hard to have any respect for people who are so crass that they just can't help overdoing it in every way possible, without even an ounce of humility, just to make absolutely sure you are entirely aware of how filthy stinking rich they are. When they go this far to make such a "strong" impression, they shouldn't be at all surprised when in fact they actually do evoke a correspondingly "strong" reaction.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    The ME is a whole other world. Can't be explained. Don't even try.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJDuZIcQ34[/ame]

CW

16. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
  17. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    In the Middle East, you have to be majority owned by a legal citizen in order to start a business. No international company, LV or others, can open up shop without being majority owned by a resident... this guy's family may own the stores that sell LV and other brands.. or know those that do.

18. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    They could be keeping such animals for home protection...

19. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #19 Eilig, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Actually, most homes over there have this as "home protection," along with armed guards to patrol the space between the fence and the barrier wall.

20. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    No matter how much money that kid has...he can never be cool and thats all that kid wants.

21. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    It makes him feel good to buy cool so let him be it's his money!

22. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    ... not really. It's daddy's money.

23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahaha You see me deeply honored ;)

24. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Well very true but daddy has allowed him to waste it! lol.

25. Monsieur Yoge

Monsieur Yoge Karting

May 20, 2016
    His father is a very well respected and influential billionaire in UAE, LV won't even bother him about the wrap, in fact it's free advertising over their recent collaboration with Supreme (another sought after high street brand)
    He is a 'sneakerhead' (basically spends a lot of $$$ on shoes) and meets a lot of popstars/footballers/celebrities, he doesn't have a drivers license (he's only 15...) but since his dad owns one of major driving centers in the UAE (see www.bdc.ae ), I'm sure it won't be a problem... ;)

In all seriousness, like many on the forum, we weren't raised to flaunt our wealth but things aren't always the same. Clearly, he's not an ordinary 15 year old living an ordinary life. Personally don't like his style nor do I think it's good behaviour but it ain't my kid and he's not using my money so why hate? Life is too short to be spent judging others ;)

Besides, has anyone in this thread ever spent more than 2 days in Dubai? Things work very very differently here...