Ferrari 308 Luggage - New | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 308 Luggage - New

Discussion in '308/328' started by robo330, Aug 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I shall measure it, Alberto, and post the results.

(Post Scriptum: have you seen the news from Portugal in the "Turbo" thread?)

Rgds

2. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven

Very nicely done!

You can put me on the list for a set for a euro 308.

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    What is your point?

We know they are not original. They are nice and would be a nice addition - something that someone may even actually use instead of removing them and sealing the entire set in a hermetically sealed time capsule and locking them in a buried safe.

I think this needs to be put into production and made available to everyone that wants it for their 308

4. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    I knew there would be some negative comments especially from people who have a lot invested in their Schedoni Luggage.
    I believe that the set I have shown has all the best elements of fitted Luggage, but with a more modern interpretation.
    Like most of you, I want to use mine, but the appearance is important, so these are handcrafted. Making cheap shots is not my idea of what this forum is all about.
    I will be posting pictures of the Interiors shortly.

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    What you are doing is one of the best things I have seen around here in 16 years. Keep up the great work.

6. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Thank you Dr. Tommy. I for one appreciate your comments and those others who have been mainly positive. Thank you!!!

7. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Please keep us informed as to availability and price point, they look fantastic! So how's your clear roof panel coming along?? ;-)

8. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Karl, you did a great job: maybe I was too rude in writing my opionions, that (as everyone here knows) are always for originality, even if they cost muc more.

This said, I repeat again what I already wrote: they can be a good backup luggage if you have to travel with your car.

ciao

9. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    I would also like to point out to some of the detailed pictures do not explain.
    1) The Lock and Hardware uses the same Key as my 308.
    2) The Handles for the Longer Flat cases have a Double Hinge to allow them to sit better in the trunk under the vinyl zipped cover.
    3) One of the the Handles for the Long Flat case has a Carrying Flap with Buttons so that both handles can be clipped together for easier handling.
    4) All the cases will have small Button Feet that keeps the Leather from getting scuffed and marked when placed on the ground.
    5) And lastly, The intention is to have a "Drop in" clear plastic module for all your cleaning and polishing supplies to go in. It will be removable for when you don't need it.
    I will also say that all the cases are semi - hard. That helps them keep their shape when not loaded, unlike the Schedoni pieces that tend to collapse when empty.

10. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Hi Karl,

Very nice effort indeed.

The only aspect I'm not sold on is the leather weaving around the edges. Just looks a bit Martha Stewart for me.

Otherwise as I said, they look great.

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Alberto: 63 cm X 31,5 cm (with of the case itself, but the lid is 33 cm) X 29 cm (height/depth)

Rgds

12. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Quote:

"Hi Karl,
    Very nice effort indeed.
    The only aspect I'm not sold on is the leather weaving around the edges. Just looks a bit Martha Stewart for me.
    Otherwise as I said, they look great.
    Mark"

Mark,
    If someone chooses not to want the contrast Cross Lacing, it can be done in the matching color as the rest of the leather.
    The Cross Lacing is part of the design appearance and what separates it from any other luggage / bags around. Call it brand identity if you want.
    BTW, Baseball Gloves have a similar Lacing and have not been associated with Ms. Stewart...

13. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Fair enough.

It was just that I made a leather wallet in craft class in my junior year and it had a similar cross lacing design so it takes me back to my DIY days.

:)

14. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    I have a real set in black, NEVER used, AND,

I am looking for a set to USE.

Those are VERY Nice.

15. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Danke Mark, does you car have a Black Interior?

16. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #42 miketuason, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Karl, really fantastic job. It may not be the original Schedoni. It yours are definitely better quality.

17. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Same colour stitching would be a positive option to offer.
    Have you thought of pressing in the cavallino logo, or would you be infringing copyright ?

18. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    I think your set looks great and will bring you many happy rides!!

19. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael

are you serious ? :D

20. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    #46 mwr4440, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Boot is in Black OEM carpet.

Car is OEM Dino Marrone Metallica over Creama.

21. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    Karl,

Great job on this project.

I have not seen any pricing. Will this be a one time offer for FChat members, a the more get ordered the less the cost, or will the leather shop produce this on a regular basis?

22. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    #48 robo330, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The intention is to produce the Luggage for all the people who would like them. We are working on a price point to start this off. Because the bags are all hand-made individually, it's not like volume can affect the price, I am sure you understand.
    The development cost, as we have been working on the project since last year, has been considerable, but that is part of the process. We are trying to find a price point that people will find acceptable. I do not want this to be so expensive that you would feel nervous using them. That would defeat the original purpose. We also do not want to lower the quality and finish in an effort to get the price down. That is definitely not the design intent. We should be able to give you numbers in the next few days.
    Finally, please keep in mind that all the sets will be made to match your color as closely as possible, using the best automotive leathers available. There will be a Serial Number attached and recorded so that we can cross reference this back if any work needs to be done down the road.
    There will be the option of having a horse logo embossed in at the request of the buyer, and will be on the next to the Serial Number Tag.
    We are also working on a Document Folder to match the Luggage. Something you can carry with you in the pocket behind your seat, or in the car. It will also have the Cross Lacing in matching or contrasting color.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I wouldn't even think about doing this.

Rgds

24. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012