Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Interior surely does not.

2. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Avoid anything that's from Florida and is too good to be true. Its where cars are sent to have titles washed.

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I learned that the hard way...

4. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    #204 166&456, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Uhm, the carpets do not for starters. Or the left front bumper as well as the headlight fitment which is all over the place (always a telltale on 456's). Seat switch is also hanging by the wires.

It could be a great buy at this price, or it might not. It is a lot of car for the money but with it will come with an unknown number of issues of unknown magnitude. To some that is no problem, to some it is a big deal.
    An ex-flooded car is one of the scares of people, and for good reason. It really depends on how badly and under what circumstances it has been damaged (driving or standing still, fresh water or salt, clean or dirty, how deep, how long etc). I can think of a hundred things possibly wrong with it now or in the future - or it may be OK, impossible to tell. It has been 10 years ago so it could be that most issues have been addressed by now (apart from those carpets, where they did not spend a few 100 on new removable carpets, which makes you wonder). Addressing the headlights will be costly too. Bring a great expert and be prepared for extra costs down the line.
    All that aside, it still is a manual M. Personally, I would check it out if it were near me.

5. junelnsx

junelnsx Rookie

Oct 23, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Leonardo J Caban
    #205 junelnsx, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson

Seems like a terrific price for the car. Good luck!

7. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I was thinking the same thing!

8. SpeedmasterNL

SpeedmasterNL Karting

Nov 9, 2013
    Thats way too cheap!
    I think $70-75k would make more sense, but ofcourse its your car so you can ask anything you want for it.

9. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Auctions America in Santa Monica sold a 2000 456M GTA in TDF with 38,XXX for $44,000 including the 10% buyer's premium. Kicking myself for not bidding. I had been expecting it to go for closer to $60K.

10. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I think I saw that one--didn't it have a series of problems?

11. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Visually it looked fairly clean other than some paint cracks on the rear bumper. I did not see any service records or history. Were there problems with it?

12. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    IIRC it needed a major and rebuild of rear shocks. May also have had electrical problems. I really don't know if it was this car...but the specs and pics seem so familiar. The price would confirm that!

13. junelnsx

junelnsx Rookie

Oct 23, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Leonardo J Caban
    I did not no how rare Red gt and manual where. Yes i just posted it up on ebay 70k is the lowest ill take lets see what happeneds

14. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Any reason you have not offered it up in the for sale thread?

15. SpeedmasterNL

SpeedmasterNL Karting

Nov 9, 2013
    I think thats more sensible, if youre not in a rush to sell and the car is in good working order

Best of luck!

16. junelnsx

junelnsx Rookie

Oct 23, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Leonardo J Caban
    Gonna post it today.
    The car is in really good condition i cant say 10/10
    Because some small things like the passenger headlight sometimes gets crazy and closes it self
    And passenger seat does not move.
    Thats the only details on the car rest is flawless ( sorry for my bad english )
    Its in the detailing shop getting ceramic coating.

17. junelnsx

junelnsx Rookie

Oct 23, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Leonardo J Caban
  18. gsbarr

gsbarr Karting

Feb 23, 2005
    I just listed my 1995 456 GT in the classifieds.

19. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  20. user2006

user2006 Karting

Jun 29, 2006
    In Germany are only 5 cars listed for sale at the moment, a few weeks ago there were about 15 of them.

All low priced ones are gone. Looks like some people invested in the cheap ones.

Ferrari 456 Angebote bei mobile.de

21. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

Yes, but I did it about 16 months ago. I think I got mine cheap because it did not have a service history, the car came from Japan in 2011, the tires were old and a few small things needed to be fixed. However it drove great, so I bought it, fixed the small things (like the seat tilt adjustment, rear screen trim clip) new Michelin PSS's, complete belts & timing service at the Frankfurt dealer, etc. I just came back from France (will post some pics and vid once I can) where we did three laps on the track in Le Mans Classic on Saturday, then to a friend's place in Burgundy, then to Arcachon in Bordeaux and back to Frankfurt via Lyon and Mulhouse. Over 1000km on Friday alone. Now I have driven the car on 18 days so far in two summers, over 17.000km and total on the dial is 95.000km. Man, these things like to go!

Cheers,

Pekka T.
    Fin.

22. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Yes, I also have been following the market and there is a trend without a doubt - no longer do you see the 20-30K Eur examples in Germany and throughout Europe

23. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

Looks surprisingly great in green.

24. gsbarr

gsbarr Karting

Feb 23, 2005
    I've lowered the price on my car to $84,500. The market's not as strong as I thought it would be, even for an exceptional car. PM, 830 608-4312 or [email protected]. Thanks.