Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by TRScotty, Dec 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Yes,

There seems to have been quite an influx of new $$$ into the Tyler/East Texas economy in the recent years, or people are finally willing to "show-off" a little more. There are more than enough million+ dollar houses here in Tyler, so it only figures some of these people are into cars, too.

I remember my first experience with a Ferrari in Tyler, about 16 years ago, when I was blown away by a black 308 around the rose garden-what a sight that was!!

Looked like hell and sounded like heaven.

2. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    The averabe income in Tyler has got to be astronomical, except mine. It is hard to believe the million dollar homes in a town of 100,000, not to mention all the six figure cars. We just need to see more of the Italian Exotics.

3. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Black Continental Flying Spur today on the square in Marshall, Texas.
    Lady driver I didn't recognize (thought it might be Mrs. Ponder).

4. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    That would be my guess.

5. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Grey Aston Martin DB9 and a green Bentley convertible (not a continental, but some sort of two door sedan)in Tyler on Sunday.

6. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Not Ferraris but I saw a white with blue stripes GT40, red with white stripes 1966 Ford Cobra, probably a replica, and a new black with red stripes Shelby Cobra all on Saturday in Tyler. Good day for the American F-car.

7. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Silver with black top F430 in Tyler this afternoon.

8. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Today (around noon) my wife and I (in separate cars) saw a red and I mean RED late model Maserati Gransport coupe on Old Bullard & Rice Rd. He was behind me and later beside my wife in her QX56 when she called to tell me about it.
    I'm impressed with how corrupted I have been able to get her into cars.

I think she wants an AM V8 Conv. for Christmas now

Kinda ruins the whole "I get a Ferrari first" thing :(

9. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Well I had the opportunity to meet the lady who is often seen driving in the silver QP yesterday at my friend's watch shop. Very nice and the car was pretty cool up-close as well.

I also spotted a titanium colored late model (fixed lights) honda-rari (NSX) on the loop near Classic MBZ.

Don't even see many of those in these parts :)

10. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    BUT, I did see an Aston Martin yesterday on the North Loop @ Hwy 110 N. Just caught a glimpse before turning onto 110.

I think it was a DB9 conv., but could have been a Vantage as well.
    It was painted that all too common grey color you see so much of, well, not HERE that is, just about anywhere else you go in the world.

No Ferraris lately, but the weather has been a little less than desireable.

11. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Wow - I didn't realize that there is/was a F430 in Tyler.

I live in Tyler and haven't seen any Ferrari. I know of the TR but I haven't seen it on the road.

12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'm a visiting prof @ SFA, and I know that there is at least one F430 in Nacanowhere. From time to time, I drive the Shark up there. But most times I drive my 89 MB 420 SEL. Most people think that it is an exotic car. :)

Dale

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I stashed some 308GTBs in Point Blank, does that count????? :D :D :D

14. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    I've seen several Ferraris in Nacogdoches over the years. I have had a few projects in the area that kept me there for a few months at a time. I've seen a yellow 360 spider, a red 550, and even a red Anniversary Countach.

When you say "the Shark" what are you referring to? Corvette?

btw, good to see a prof without a leftist agenda at SFA...but I guess you did say "visiting" :)

15. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    There are probably more than any one of us knows about. There are some real car-crazy people in Tyler, but for some reason they usually go for some of the less "exotic" yet very expensive machinery.

Remember, a brand-new turbo p-car is exotic for Tyler. Saw one today @ BillDay Tire as a matter of fact, black on black and very serious looking.

I have also seen a very slick looking newer model silver Viper at the used-car lot on the Loop across from Honda. It has a set of what appear to be HREs that REALLY work on that car!

Thanks go to Tillman for setting up our little ET section, too. :)

16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    There is, and shall always be, only one Shark. A Maranello.

Dale

17. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Is it the red one that I have seen in Nac. in the past??

My deepest appologies for not knowing of "the Shark".

18. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Yep!

Dale

19. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Went to Nac yesterday to track down a Lessor, and on the way through Jacksonville I saw a British Racing Green Bentley Arnage for sale in front of my friend Kenny's tire shop! There aren't many Bentleys in the Tyler area yet, so spotting one in the wild is still somewhat rare. It was a beautiful day yesterday, too bad I didn't see any Ferrari.

I don't really think they will have too much luck in a town of less than 25k people where ~30% are illegals (plant farms use scores of "undocumented workers" -if you know the area, you know I'm right on this one).

20. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I may drive up the Shark next Tuesday and Wednesday. This will increase my motivation to grade finals and git the heck outta Dodge!

Dale

21. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Saw a really nice late 90's Esprit this evening at Old Jacksonville and the Loop. Looked like it could have been one of the last 4 cyl. or one of the first V8 cars due to the rectangular taillights and the rear deck (no big wing).

Nice car, I believe I've seen it before, just not that close yet.

22. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    I have seen a black Esprit recently in Tyler. Probably a mid 90's model. Looks new.

23. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Saw a beautiful 430 Spider at Bank of America today, when who walks out and opens her up but Jack King, Jr. himself!!

I asked him if had just tired of his 2 month old coupe and went top-down motoring, he grinned and said "YOUUUUU BET'CHA".

It had CC brakes, Challenge wheels and red airboxes. Looked like an exact replication of his coupe, just in Spider form.

Guess he's selling alot of Kias these days.

"To eat with the classes, sell to the masses" -unknown to me

24. FTuner

FTuner Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    First of all thank god I have found an east texas area on the exotic cars sites lol. I have been trying to hunt down the silver 360 spyder here in town. I spotted it last friday. I also saw a grey vantage(i know i butcher the color names but im not sure the exact code). Um lately I have seen a lot of P-cars out here. A silver,red and blk TT I believe, all lowered and the looks of HRE wheels in the Green Acres area. I have seen the white GT rolling around. Also a handful of viper owners(really cool guys btw). The red TR, for awhile it was parked up at Mitch's Car Audio. And then about 2-3 Masserati's. Oh and about 3 C6 Z06's

If it was a red one with mesh rims, thats a fellow 6speeder, he also owns a blue 07 or 08 GT3 that is purely amazing. Im gunna have to keep a look out for Jack King rolling around lol, Oh and if you wanna see some cars i suggest head out to Cascades, thats where ive been told they are coming out of lately.

25. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    The guy with the white GT lives there and is the managing partner of the Ford dealer. A fellow f-chatter looked to buy that car recently, so I don't know if it's still here or not.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site.