Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by TRScotty, Dec 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    A 308 on the road??? wow, it's just like when HK had his black '79 and used to rip up and down Erwin/Front/Broadway back in the early '90s!! You should have a camera at hand at all times, you are the ET spotter!!

I've seen that particular CL65 as well, I know because he passed me like I was standing still on the Loop one day. Very unique exhaust note, as stated.

2. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Spotted Dr. R in his Rosso Corsa 430 in the WSW Loop this morning. I don't guess he recognized me in the LR :).

3. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    I am bad about the camera. I don't even like carrying one so I would rarely have it ready. I will try to do better. Must live up to my image!

4. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Driving to visit the folks on Sunday I saw the red California pulling into the Shell station on South Broadway (across from Best Buy).

5. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Hey Jason, I hope your folks are doing well. Be sure to mark the 21st on your calendar as it is our next ET Exotic GTG at Caffe Tazza at the intersection of Old Bullard Road and Rice Road.

How is progress on the 348 going?

6. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ah, thanks! The 21st is so marked! Folks are doing reasonably well. My father is going in for his last round of chemo tomorrow morning. Well... technically he is going in here in just a few hours. ><

348 is going well. Painting is done, except for a few minor bits that need to be redone (One door sill, one headlight bucket), and the reassembly has started. FINALLY! Lol! I seriously need to update my old thread on the progress. I'll post some updated pictures tomorrow.

Hope all is going well on your end!
    J

7. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
  8. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Almost two weeks since someone posted! Cobalt blue 996 twin turbo cab. today at the S&J Hospital.

9. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Some great cars at the GTG this morning. Special thanks to the man who gave me a ride in the blue gallardo. That was insane! I have never experienced acceleration like that. I still get all giddy when I tell somone about the experience.

10. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great seeing and talking with you Greg after sooooo long. Hard to believe that was 17 years ago when we took that short cruise in the Esprit. Also thanks to Scott for the invite and "heads up" about the event. Definitely some mechanical sensory candy present today. Looking forward to next time!

11. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Likewise! Looking forward to seeing the 348 upon completion.

12. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    AT the corner of Houston and Broadway this afternoon, Nissan GTR and a Bently Cont. Flying Spur. Both were black.

13. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Saw that red California again a few days ago heading south on Paluxy at Cumberland Road. I was entertained, as I was heading over to the shop to make some more progress on the 348.

14. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Good grief, Jason - WHEN are you going to get that bucket-o-bolts on the road??!?!?! :D:D:D:D

15. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    TODAY! Had a brief "shakedown" cruise late afternoon going into early evening. Still tons of "minor adjustments and fine tuning" but now roadworthy again! So basically... it takes 9 months to complete a 3 month project. *sheepish looks*

Also, coincidentally or not, right after I switched cars again for the drive back to Dallas for the weekend, I spotted the red California AGAIN! On South Broadway this time. I swear... I'm running into the Doc every few days it seems. LOL!

So when is next [East] GTG? I'm having some minor fitting issues with wheel well liners and front bumper, so would love to have another peek at a related car. *Hint!*

Minor fitting stuffs, and I'm fairly sure I know the cause, but at this point, I'm just being picky! Imagine that...

16. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Glad to hear that it's all coming together!!!

Our GTG will be the 3rd or 4th Saturday, don't know yet, but I'll be gone if its the 17th. You can PM me if you want to take a look at the car for reference points, I don't leave until Thursday.

17. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks! I might take you up on that. Hopefully I'll be able to figure some things out tinkering around with car stuffs tomorrow, but if not... well, you will likely be the first to know. Lol

18. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    I saw Dr. V's Vantage today and a new Bentley Cont. GT outside of the building I work in. It had a red bow on it. I was told it was a gift given to a pain management doc at TMF from the King of Saudi Arabia. But, as I went to look at it again, Dr. P(testarossa) was driving off in it. So I don't know if he was taking it for a spin or what. It had paper tags and a dealer I had not heard of. Bentley of something? Anyway, it sounded good as he sped off.

19. JDFerrariDream

JDFerrariDream Karting

Mar 30, 2009
    East Texas
    Full Name:
    JD
    Jason,
    Spotted you in the black 348 on Paluxy and Jeff Davis at 5:00 pm.
    Car looks GREAT ! I couldn't get the camera/phone up quick enough to capture a photo.

I too spotted the New Black Bentley in town this AM.
    JD

20. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Tyler/East Texas Exotic GTG at Caffe Tazza is scheduled for Saturday, September 25 at 8:00 am.

You have been notified :D:D

21. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Jason, that means we have to see the 348 this time, or it doesn't exist!! :D:D

22. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks! Lol... that was definitely me. The wee bit of driving I've done has primarily been up and down Paluxy, going between my folks' place just off Cumberland, and the shop where all the work has been done just off Grande & Paluxy. I managed to blow out a coolant hose about two minutes after you saw me... but that was my own darn fault. I didn't re-clamp as tight as I should. It's always something...

Hey, I remember someone was tooting their horn at that intersection, by the time I was able to react and turn, honker was already kinda past me going the other way... was that you JD? Lol, if so, sorry I was to slow to react.

23. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason

Lol, fair enough!

24. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Several P-cars out todat including the blue GT3 from the GTG and a white Panamera with paper tags and an elderly woman driving. I still don't care for the looks of the Panamera.

25. FTuner

FTuner Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    cool spots aroung 3 or so today red f430 and bentley gtc.