Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by TRScotty, Dec 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Exotic GTG this Saturday at Caffe Tazza

2. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Spotted Dr. P in his Bentley today. It must look nice parked next to the TR.

3. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #528 Shaide, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    I hate that I missed the GTG this morning. I was really looking forward to seeing Jason's 348, not to mention getting to ride in another exotic. Daughters B-day prevented me from going. I did spot a nice white GT3 on front street though.

5. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #530 Shaide, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
    Lol... no worries. I'm not going anywhere. Beside, the weather wasn't friendly, and I left my roof panel at the shop, so all morning I was fretting and watching the radar. I should be a bit calmer next time...

... should.

Seriously though, sorry you couldn't make it, but happy b-day to your daughter! There's always next time! 8)

That said... it was still fun to just kick back with some coffee and yip-yap with folks.

Besides, I still have some serious troubleshooting to do before my project is *complete*. The ride is WAY too high (coincidentally, or not, it is JUST high enough to slip a standard floor jack under the engine subframe. I find this highly suspicious), the A/C has a serious leak, and I'm getting a CEL due to either a coolant sensor connection or bad air/fuel mixture that I need to correct. (For the purists, the ECU is throwing random 1212 and 1211 errors). I know exactly where my invasive intrusions have been doing my restoration project, so I've got a pretty good idea of the root cause of these issues. But then, there is always that chance...

Bottom line is that once I'm "done," I need to have the final check-out done by someone that has a better clue than me. I think the folks are Norwood are VERY likely candidates once I get my car back to DFW from ET.

In any case, after all the "project work" I can honestly say that I know the 348 BY FAR better than any other car I've had in the past. Sadly, most of that knowledge is wrapped up in the nuts and bolts of the cosmetic stuffs. Ah well, it's a starting point, and I've really had fun during the entire project/educational process! Just a few years ago I wouldn't have thought that was possible! Ok, it's 5am here and I seriously need some sleep. Been up 23 hours on only 4 hours of sleep. Thank god it's the weekend! Would not have been able to keep up otherwise!

6. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Silver GT-R on West loop near Sams last night.

7. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Dark grey DB9 convertible heading south on Old Bullard at Rice around 4:00 pm Saturday.
    Wife was behind me pointing "buy me one of those!!!", I'm doomed....

8. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    It would be a great addition, but not a replacement! Must keep the Ferrari!

9. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    I spotted a very familiar 355 F1 Berlinetta today at Tyler Automax. I hope this is a duplicate of the one Scott owns. But, I am quite sure it is Scotts. What's the deal Scott? Are you finally breaking down for an English car. You didn't trade it for the GT-R they had in the showroom last week did you?

10. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    No, I have it there because the space in my garage is currently being utilized for another project.
    It could be bought though, if the price were right :D

The owner of that lot and I have been friends for many years, so it's a win-win.

I will have my car back by the Fall Run.

11. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Scott, I am dissapointed. You know darn well I could have taken the car to my place, slapped a for sale sign on it and driven it all around. Much better than having it sit in a dealer. HAHA.

12. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Three white Porsche's today. Panamera Turbo and two 996 Cab. Turbo's.

13. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Saturday I spotted the black AM Vantage 'vert on 69 heading back to tyler from I-20.

Today I spotted a black Bentley Continental Flying Spur with black wheels on the North West Loop.

14. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Bentley day in Tyler today.

RED and I mean RED Continental GT on Broadway and Old Bullard this morning and the same black with black wheels Flying Spur this afternoon.

I think I also caught a glimpse of Dr. P in the new Conti GT Speed as well, but can't be sure due to other traffic.

15. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Dr. U in his black Viper on McDonald Rd. this afternoon.

16. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Charcoal grey ZR1 on 110 s. this afternoon. First decent spot in nearly a month!

17. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Gorgeous charcoal grey GT3 at Eldridge and I-10 saturday morning.

18. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Red first, maybe 2nd generation Viper with chrome wheels on Fleishel this afternoon.

19. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    I have been seeing the black Maserati QP at the Loop and 110 North lately in the evenings.

20. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This was a treat to see see. While bumming a ride back to Tyler from my folks so I could pick up my DD, a metallic dark gray Audi R8 was spotted on Grande at Old Bullard (or is it Old Jacksonville?) Road. I didn't realize there were any of these in Tyler.

Also during that drive, my father was going on and on about spotting that Bentley a day or two before. Of course, since he is still fairly plugged into the medical community, he's curious which doctor drives it. He's generally not to impressed with cars... aviation is his passion, but he was quite taken with it. It led to a good, long, entertaining conversation for the Dallas to Tyler drive.

21. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    It is a pain management doc who also owns a testarossa. We just call him Dr. P.

22. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    I have seen an R8 in town.

Dr. P has the Black coupe. There used to be another that I knew of, but haven't really kept up, as there are at least a dozen Bentleys in Tyler that are driven frequently.

Doesn't sound like a lot, but this is still a relatively small town, so they do stand out a bit.

To me, the Maserati QP is the prettiest sedan we get to see regularly here.
    Seems there is a new one or maybe two roaming about lately, as well.

I know that the AM Rapide is amazing, but haven't seen any in the ET area yet.

23. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Spotted 4 exotics in five minutes this afternoon near the S&J hospita. Dr.V's black Vantage, Dr. P in the testarossa, blue 997 TT cab, and a grey Elise/Exige? with green and yellow stripes. First time to see that car.

24. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Late 80's? white with blue top RR Silver Spur at Smashburger on 110S Saturday evening.

25. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Red Lotus Elise on the Loop, turning in to the Cascades yesterday (12/14) evening around dark.

Driven by a nice looking blonde, good to see some "car girls" out there, too.