DFW - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 153 | FerrariChat

DFW Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DallasGuy, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slapshot36227

slapshot36227 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Zach K
    #3801 slapshot36227, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I stopped by the toy run on my way to the Galleria on Saturday... WOW so many cars. Not going to post those pics but over by the galleria I saw 6+ Quattroportes, 4 Bentleys (check the license plate on the black one, whose is it???), F430, R8, Gallardo, old Shelby Cobra, 3 or 4 Aston Martins, the RUF RGT returning from the run, so much more... Only gonna show a few pics but I have tons more. Also I saw the grey Ferrari 328 GTS at the gas station, it showed up at the toy run... crappy pic but if you want it I have it

Don't want to clutter up the forum, but if you want the other Bentley and Maserati pics, etc I can send them. The maserati I pictured was actually at Firewheel along with an S8
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    I hear Jessica has moved in with Romo. Maybe it is hers.

3. 512dreamer

512dreamer Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I thought the same thing...

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Monday night on the way home, SB Tollway near Legacy, Burgandy Murci , No picture, but it struck me odd that the driver chose to drive that car in the pending weather ( it was already sleeting )

My thoughts was that it must have been fully insured and the owner saw a chance to get his money out of it... LOL

Steve

5. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Or her sleazy dad, who has lived in Plano for years.

6. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Well, I drove the Testarossa tuesday morning and evening in the light little ice - the ZR-1 had a low tire and I wasn't sure it would hold up all day.

7. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober

Colleyville car. Wish it was Jessica...

8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Dark blue Aston Martin DB7 convertible parked in front of a home on Monticello Drive near 7th Street.

9. slapshot36227

Dec 8, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Zach K
    #3809 slapshot36227, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anyone been by Lamborghini Houston lately? I am going the 26th and was wondering if the Reventon was in the air or still under the cover.

And a pic of a Quattroporte with a really cool color

Thanks,

Zach

10. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Black NSX with custom rims on Alta Mere & Roberts Cutoff.

11. DJC Images

DJC Images Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Grey Gallardo spider in the northbound left turn lane on Hillcrest at Royal around 4:15 this afternoon.

12. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Saw a white Challenger SRT8, next to a blue GranTurismo at the Harbor in Rockwall.

13. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Silver Challenger, never seen one in that color ( looks good ), at Mockingbird Station about 30 minutes ago.

14. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    One of my neighbors just got a Black SRT8 Challenger, but I really don't see what's so special about them.

15. slapshot36227

Dec 8, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Zach K
    Since we have all this cheap stuff lol, yellow Acura NSX and red Nismo 350Z in downtown Garland.

16. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    #3816 willrace, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
    Was just dealing with one of those Challenger SRT8s, black, still sporting paper tags, a while ago in the Boxer. Perpetuating the needle-d1kk muscle car guy stereotype - kept wanting to "race" me, blowing past, but never would keep his pace and keep moving on. Get caught by traffic (bad foresight I guess), blow by me again, repeat. I guess he won.
    Got tired of waiting for him to run short of talent, and hit me, on the winding access road to SB 820 and just left him.
    Sorry, I just don't get it. I really don't.

This was coming back from a drive towards Eagle Mountain Lake, btw.

William - almost forgot about an absolutely GORGEOUS black NSX last week, sitting outside of Master Europa. Was there checking on Mom's car; looked at the NSX almost as long as hers for mistakes. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought the NSX was right out of the showroom. Wonder whose it is?? Probably should have asked Jeff.

17. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Don't you just love that feeling when someone trying to race you finally gets put down like it didn't even break a sweat? :D

18. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    A post from a few months ago, but it sounds like DFW is starting to splash out on exotic cars. Great to see.

Who's owns that Buggati Veyron that was posted?

19. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    #3819 willrace, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
    More to do with familiarity with the cars - He had much more power (my Audi Avant, yeah, the WAGON, pulls harder than the Boxer), more modern suspension, and therefore pretty close to the same handling (again, re: that Audi). I knew mine pretty well, he was still on his fresh paper tags. I just didn't want him to find his limits (driving or fenders) around me. I was heading for that access road anyway (S from Azle Ave., over the bridge where Jacksboro Hwy meets 820), it's a blast when noone is ahead of you.
    Watching him shrink in the mirror was just a nice by-product. I think he figured out what Ferraris, however old, are for - he didn't run up my tailpipe again, and just stayed waaaaay back there. :)

Oh, yeah, Ken has a Merc SLR on his lift inside his Camp Bowie playhouse.

20. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The restored gas station next to Lucile's? I remember Ken Topham was there twenty years ago.

21. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Yup, that's the place. A very different Ken, though. Love what he's done with the place.

22. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Cheap these posts may be, but it's the numbers I look at. I don't see them very often. I can understand your point of view though, so no more Challenger/Ford ____ Cobra/Blah posts from me....

23. slapshot36227

Dec 8, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Zach K
    No I love hearing about these cars, it's just that in a recent post about 4 pages back I got criticized for showing a pic of a Shelby GT500 SuperSnake, and so I vowed not to show any more Challengers/NSX/etc. pics because I thought people didn't like it on Ferrari boards. But since there were a lot of spots of lower end stuff, I decided I'd post mine too. Please continue, I'd like to hear any and all of your spots, new or old, cheap or expensive. Now I realize that I'm not the only one who is interested in these lower end cars. Sorry to cause any problems...

24. cwboy212

cwboy212 Rookie

Jan 9, 2008
    Black Gallardo and a nice yellow 360 with black rims on rufe snow sunday morning

25. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Black 430 on Coit Sunday around 5pm.
    RR Phantom Drophead at the Galleria Mall yesterday at about 6pm.