DFW - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 155 | FerrariChat

DFW Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DallasGuy, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slapshot36227

slapshot36227 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Zach K
    I was on my way home from Houston when I spotted something unusual. Right outside of Corsicana coming from Dallas was a pickup truck towing a Mercedes ML whatever SUV and a new BENTLEY BROOKLANDS!!! Got me excited, but no pic. Check the Houston section for pics of a RR Drophead!

Zach

2. 512dreamer

512dreamer Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Happy New Years everyone!

3. kwiker

kwiker Karting

Mar 27, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nicholas H
    The Shops of Legacy up in Plano is a good place to spot a few Exotic's every weekend, and pretty often during the week also. I was eating at Bob's down there last night and someone took their Red 348 out. That dude might want to check his front bumper if he sees this, the valet guy looked real close to the curb when he was parking it.

4. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    #3854 Westworld, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
    Thanks. I'm guessing the metroplex competes with the rest of the country in terms of exotic/luxury cars per capita. I don't know too much about the lifestyles and spending habits of the Highland Park/University Park/Uptown/Collins Country wealthy.

What about the Highland Park Shops?

5. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Black V8 Vantage Roadster on Midway today followed closely by a black 135i. The V8V started to take off til' he saw a cop.

6. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If you're talking about the Highland Park Village, Preston and Mockingbird, there are always plenty of expensive cars, all descriptions, true exotic/supercar genre is the minority.

I've driven through HP on my way to work for the last 25 years, maybe that's why I'm so jaded as to "ordinary" cars like Bentleys, Astons, Masers, and so on. They're on every corner, literally.

The HP/UP area is very conservative in a social/political sense, but residents spend what it takes on cars and houses.

7. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    What's up with all the Challengers I've seen today? Three blue ones, may be the same one, downtown today, and once on Mockingbird in front of Campisi's, a black one on Mockingbird@ Greenville, then again at Greenville and Miller. Seen another blue one with R/T markings on hood/fender yesterday on the access road at Bass Pro and 30 heading West. There was a gold NSX at Pure Spa parking yesterday evening also. Not exotics, but still nice to see out on days like this...

8. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

Highland Park Village is what I'm thinking of. Thanks.

9. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    HPV is definitely a nice place to spot some good cars. Years back, I was privileged enough to catch a light blue Countach in that area. Could have been a replica, but I don't believe so due to the immense noise it gave just like the real deal. :)

10. DJC Images

DJC Images Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Spotted a red 360 spider in the parking lot of the Lincoln Center office complex, Dallas North Tollway & LBJ around 3 o'clock this afternoon.
    That'll make a hoo hum work day more interesting, to be sure.

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Black BMW M5 (E28) parked at home on Byers Ave. Twenty years sure went by fast & those cars still look good.

12. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I followed a gold Aston DB9 on Beverly from Preston to Hillcrest today about 1PM. Thought it was a Jaguar until I saw the badging.

The exhaust had a nice sound, more like an American V8.

13. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Let's see. Today, F430 Spider at AutoFlex's place. Going down the same road, red DB9 outside some salon. And a red F430 in a parking lot right next to Micro Center's. :)

14. slapshot36227

slapshot36227 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Zach K
    grey??? I always see it out there, seems to never move...

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #3865 GrigioGuy, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I saw a bright yellow Mini Moke driven by a big dude in Lewisville about 11 today. Unfortunately, I couldn't get swung around for a pic.

That's probably the rarest thing I've seen in a while.

EDIT: added pic found on the internet
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Black F430 parked in the physician's parking at Trinity Medical Center this morning

17. cwboy212

cwboy212 Rookie

Jan 9, 2008
    saw that mini too driving on 114 in southlake had no idea what it was

18. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    A gold Aston DB9?

19. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Red 430 on Southwestern near 75 yesterday afternoon.

20. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Light gold is a better description. Unusual for this model?

21. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Red GTC and Pearl White Maser QP with Maseratti of Ohio plates at Nordstrom's Valet at NorthPark. Around 2:00 this afternoon. Red Elise around the Design District around 10:00 this morning. Way too many Challengers all over Dallas now, they're like a plague...

22. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    After leaving the Majestic Theatre & the Angry Dog, Black Gallardo Superleggera parked at some night club on Main St. tonight in downtown Dallas.

23. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Yep. And you're right. My buddy saw it today and thought about trading in his E46 M for it. AutoFlex told him what you said, that it doesn't get many potential buyers. Said he knows why now.

24. JMOrem

JMOrem Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jared Orem
    #3874 JMOrem, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
    DB9 (I think) running through first and part way through second gear down Winstead Rd- The White Rock spillway road- last night around 6ish. While it sounded great it was rather stupid, as it's a 30 and there is a park with kids (as well as mine) playing in it. If you are the owner and reading this you may want to consider slowing down in residential areas.

25. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Two of my favorite places in that part of Downtown. Every so often you will see an exotic cruise through. I've seen the black one before, but though it was just a Gallardo.