Ferrari corporate forcing Rob to shut down F-chat... | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ferrari corporate forcing Rob to shut down F-chat...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Piton, Aug 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Who is Vicki Butler-Henderson and why is she naked?

2. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    But from a certain Lambo forum?. :D

3. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    I was going to ask the same thing! :D

4. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Ya know, it’s a funny thing. I have been reading all the posts blasting the Ferrari California and it crossed my mind several times that Ferrari may try to shut this forum down to stop all the negative publicity. I know that is probably way off base, but I did get a little nervous every time I read the Ferrari Claifornia thread. And here we are.

e

5. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    #130 2000YELLOW360, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
    so somebody said they were "looking into it" and there are 7 pages of drivel and one ban.. anyone here spell statute of limitations?

I'm guessing not.

Art

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I tried to in post 47.

Best

7. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I know but the rest of them kept at it. Enjoying Monterey? I'm in Truckee this week.

Hope life is good for you.

Art

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus

All is well and I hope the same for you and yours!

9. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #134 Peloton25, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Vicki Butler-Henderson is the female presenter on the British automotive TV show "5th Gear". She decent to look at and a decent driver to boot.

Don't think any naked pics exist, but I've never thought to type that into a Google search myself. Maybe later... :D

>8^)
    ER

P.S.: FerrariChat for life, yo! ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    She takes a nice drive in a 328 on the Nation's Favourite Ferraris episode, with the top removed.

11. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    "With the top removed" is in reference to the car, right? :)

12. problemchild

problemchild Rookie

Jan 20, 2008
    illinois
    Full Name:
    jason miller
    I heard there is a guy by the name of Gene and Mark that are going around looking for ferrari owners to place a complaint to some owners forum. I was approached too. Gene is suppose to be a big ferrari guy with tons of contacts and goes to all of these car shows and was upset that he got banned from ferrari chat.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Gene Burns?

14. problemchild

problemchild Rookie

Jan 20, 2008
    illinois
    Full Name:
    jason miller
    I do not know his last name but he sold his orange lambo to gustan. gustan was backing ferrari chat up. i heard of gustan because he helps out the community alot and has helped out someone i know but he bought a car from this guy gene and he is just going around bad mouthing this forum.

15. problemchild

problemchild Rookie

Jan 20, 2008
    illinois
    Full Name:
    jason miller
    if it is of any help, this gene guy sold gustan a boxer and it turned out to be a lemon so gustan is really upset with this guy gene. i know gustan is hooked up with law enforcement but dont know whether he still works or not.

16. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #141 SefacHotRodder, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. problemchild

problemchild Rookie

Jan 20, 2008
    illinois
    Full Name:
    jason miller

Guy named gene, mark, jones, and perry are suppose to be the trouble makers at some lamborghini forum instigating other members and calling ferrari. they notified some of my friends who are ferrari owners as well. what comes around goes around.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jonas is friends with those guys, but he didn't contact Ferrari. I know Gene Burns, Gustan Cho, and Perry Cowart have all contacted Ferrari to shut down our community. So I guess the lesson learned is don't ban anyone for having a fake fight against each other online or for having friends announce your death to see the reaction right after a well respected FerrariChat.com user actually did die. So everyone that knows these guys can thank them for the trouble. What kind of people do the things that got them banned in the first place and now try to take revenge by contacting Ferrari to shut us down?

19. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ

I am not one to get involved, but according to the posts on the "other site" they have gone the extent of contacting Ferrari legal multiple times, and have received confirmation from Ferrari that, (and I quote from a screen shot image) "Please be assured that the competent department is already trying to close the Ferrarichat.com website, which is unauthroized"

Hmmm....wait a minute...do you think that Ferrari would send out an email with the word "unauthroized"?

Who knows....either way it makes for interesting conversation, no?

20. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger
    No, they have a contact, who updates Ferraris website or some other minor tasks. Maybe he wrote the response. Or someone rewrote on a legitimate response. They also said Ferrari didn't know FChat existed until the complaint yesterday(?). Okay.

21. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ

Sounds like Gustan Cho is a pretty good guy...
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5273/is_200605/ai_n20796264

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I've heard some good things about Gus too and have actually had some friendly conversations with him, but it is a fact he contacted Ferrari. Gustan is actually the one that forward me his email and the Ferrari response. :)

Here's the email for everyone to provide the other side of the story...

[email protected]

23. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Rob,

You seem pretty nervous about all of this.

I don't think you should be - at least not yet.

First of all, you have a few very wise individuals here who are telling you that most likely you are in the clear, even if worst comes to worst (guys like Art and Jim G).

Beyond that, am I the only one who thinks that it's fishy that Ferrari corporate would tell three internet choads what their upcoming legal strategies are? Why in the world would Ferrari reply back with "we're looking into it and preparing to shut them down".

???

Even if someone at Ferrari DID write that, was that person speaking on behalf of Ferrari corporate? Such a decision would only be made after careful review between the people authorized to make such a decision (which would be the highest of higher-ups at Ferrari) in consultation with Ferraris legal team. I am sure all of the aforementioned people are quite busy, and that once asked about the situation, it would be a matter of likely weeks if not months before a corporate decision would be made to attempt to do "something" about Ferrarichat.

Furthermore, it is unfathomable to me that anyone at Ferrari who would have any information about what Ferrari is and isn't doing on the legal front would ever even think of discussing or disclosing that to "some guy on the internet" who wrote in a complaint. It doesn't matter how connected that person is, I just do not see Ferrari writing back and telling the complainer they are working on it.

No way, no how.

It's about as believable as me writing to Ferrari to tell them they should do a V24 Veyron killer with a rear mounted engine and 2000hp, and them writing back to tell me they are currently working with XYZ company on that exact thing and are expecting 1,800hp and 1500kg weight. It just wouldn't happen.

Rob, I think you are still getting played by these guys. They are small of brain, long on free time, and utterly lacking in character. After all, what kind of person has Jonas as their shill, err, I mean advocate? 'nuff said :)

24. problemchild

problemchild Rookie

Jan 20, 2008
    illinois
    Full Name:
    jason miller

I can guarantee you that Gustan had nothing to do with causing trouble for this forum. He is the most generous person I know. He helped out this guy I know when his mother was dying of lung cancer and they did not have insurance. He paid over $300K anonymously to Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois and did not tell anyone about it. When people approached him he told them he did not know nothing about it. I found out and know the truth because it is one of my close childhood friends I grew up with. He even sold some of his cars I think, a Cadillac convertible, a yellow ferrari coupe, a viper, and a few others that I do not know about. I do take this personally if you offend good honest people like Gustan. I think you should think twice before you start accusing people like Mr. Cho or members will have alot of enemies. I know he is very good friends with Obama but never seen him brag and also drives a beater black pickup truck in town. Anyway, I do not like being in the limelight but had to say something. Hope everyone has good luck and wish everyone well.

Jason

25. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ

Whats the "other side of the story"? Ferrari isn't going to get involved in a "he said, she said" battle over some forum posts, the real questions are:
    1) Is the use of "FerrariChat.com" an infringement on Ferrari?
    2) Are they going to do something about it?

It doesn't matter if Ferrari gets thousands of emails from either side of this pissing match, they are going to do whats in their best interest.