Ferrari Show at Silverstone! | FerrariChat

Ferrari Show at Silverstone!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by f12luke, Jun 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f12luke

f12luke Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Luke Tarbuck
    #1 f12luke, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Tickets are free to FOC members (well except a £1.50 handling fee)

3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I went last year was fun

4. RegW

RegW Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    London
    A few years ago, FOC organised an informal meet-up on Belgrave sq prior to a run to Blenheim and this was great fun early morning. Riding as a pack is enjoyable indeed.

5. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Can you take your F-car into the circuit or is it just the track cars? A few years ago they did the big parade.

6. Greg911P

Greg911P Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    I heard from my dealer that there will be a world record attempt like the one from a few years ago. Does anyone know when this is happening. The website talks about a 70th Parade on the Saturday which I assumed was the attempt, but I've subsequently heard the attempt is on the Sunday.

7. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I doubt it since they haven't bothered to tell anyone except you. They'd have a job fitting any more cars on the circuit anyway. Plus they have to pay quite a lot of money for Guiness to turn up and count. Mind you the whole event seems to be a fairly typical organisational shambles (or maybe just communication shambles) so anything is possible.

8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I have not heard anything about this as well.

9. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Tickets received from FOC this morning but no mention of this in the covering letter or provisional programme. The racing schedule is pretty full and it takes a significant amount of time to get 500+ cars on the track.

10. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    Do all Ferrari's get to park inside the main area or at the normal car park? If so do we need special tickets?

11. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Having chatted to various parties, there is a state of confusion about it all. Here is my summary.

Please check before purchasing any option as there may be a possibility of error.

FOC members

Get your tickets directly from the FOC website.
    Cost is £1.50 postage for two tickets.

Tickets are for both Saturday & Sunday

NON - FOC members

Join the FOC
    If you join for the remainder of the Club year (to the end of October 2017) it will cost you £20 membership. You can then buy the tickets as above.

The FOC are also offering a 2017/2018 membership for £140.

www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk

Buy from Silverstone website
    £16 per person (Under 15's Free) per day
    £25 per person for weekend ticket

You will be able to park your Ferrari inside the circuit

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/...i-racing-days/

Main Dealers
    If you have a good relationship with your Dealer, ask if they have any available.

I think the best option is joining the FOC for the remainder of 2017 and pay £21.50 (membership fee & postage) for 2 weekend passes. Plus you get to find out about the FOC and maybe get one of their magazines.

Hope the above info helps.

12. StickBreitling

Oct 12, 2012
    Thanks for the comprehensive info!

13. aero33

aero33 Rookie

May 17, 2013
    I have been away from the forum for a while but I have bought tickets for my wife and I to drive down from Harrogate for the weekend. If anyone else is planning on going, I would love to meet up.

Feel free to PM me for any more details. I hope to see some of you guys there.

14. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Do the owners get a parade on the circuit or just display in the paddock?

15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The timetable is probably on the link above

16. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi, anyone here going tomorrow?

I'm considering if I'll take the fezzer or my other car, I'd love to take it but don't really want to if itll be sat in amongst the punters car park (had too man bad experiences of dents over the years!).

17. Carper

Carper Karting

Aug 13, 2017
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi Dapper, have you got pre-booked tickets for the event ?

18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ferraris get dedicated parking, but, the public gets to walk around the cars, so lock them unless you don't mind various soppy donuts sitting in and going 'brmm brmmm ' as their other half takes a dozen shots for their faceparty account

19. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    I was there today (Saturday).

Very busy, with lots of people round the cars. My son even saw someone trying to open the door of mine! Generally everybody was very friendly and interested - but definitely lock it!

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yep, most people probably think they are respectful of the cars (they are there specifically for ferrari after all), but they don't always realise how expensive things are, and how delicate sometimes. Where I as an owner would rarely attempt to even touch another's cars, and even then, only with permission and with great care, some who turn up at these events will argue 'it's just a car, don't have one of you are worried about damage' which never ceases to amaze me, as if the boot were on the other foot, we know they would feel exactly the same as the owner that had chastised them

People today are on the whole more ignorant, arrogant, self absorbed and careless than we once were, take account, be prepared, or be ready to be shocked at the lack of care some people take

21. keof50

keof50 Karting

Jun 24, 2004
    UK
    I went yesterday, saw 2 F40, a. Enzo a Laf and a Laf aperta. It was good but very busy. Not sure weather to go down today as well

22. StickBreitling

Oct 12, 2012
    Went today. I popped into the Ferrari Welcome area which is just before the parking and they gave me complimentary tickets! Some serious metal around - F40s, an Enzo, a F50, LaFs. Excellent weather made it an enjoyable day.

23. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well i took the 430 spider, never again! My car's covered in grubby marks. I saw a mother lifting her older daughter onto the front clip/ bonnet of a 360cs on the end of the row mine was in. she also tried to add her younger daughter alongside for the photo...! I'd had enough soon after and got out of there. I guess respect for others property is now dead.

24. Carper

Carper Karting

Aug 13, 2017
    Suffolk, UK
    Crikey ! Which car park were you in ?

25. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I was parked literally right outside the 'Ferrari Store'. When I arrived I was going to be the last car to park along in the first area to be populated, so where the LaFerrari was, but as there was at that time only the final slot remaining (so I would have been right beside the LaFerrari) the guy told me he was wanting the 'supercars' to be in that area, so I was ushered along to the next area, so down by the Ferrari Store.

This was the first time I'd ever been brave enough to, for want of a better phrase, 'show one'. My observations over the four hours my car was at Silverstone taught me why I don't leave it anywhere for long, Joe public are so damned rude and careless. I have to also say having observed over a significant period of time, it was mainly women showing no care. Back packs and handbag zips will have cost a fortune to many F owners there, who will probably only just find out about it the next time they go to polish their pride and joy!