FerrariChat.com update - Week 1 Poll | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Week 1 Poll

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Sep 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Thoughts about the FerrariChat update - Week 1?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2017.
  1. Do Not Like - FerrariChat was better before and not acceptable.

57 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Do Not Like - Acceptable especially with optional Old style.

74 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Indifferent - Positive & negatives about equal.

43 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Like - Growing on me, more positives than negatives.

50 vote(s)
    20.7%
  5. Like - Major improvements.

18 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C

2. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    +1

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we will keep it forever, unless it breaks at some point and can't support it. I don't see that happening.

Island Time, tomc and Dave rocks like this.
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that might be good, maybe a short one every few weeks. A single one would take a 20 minute video and don't think anyone would watch it. :)

5. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Is there a way to permanently change your font?

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Everything you can configure as user is top right under your name (new style).

Do browsers have ability to change font you are using?

7. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Being less than a year on the Forum I like the change. Had I been a long time member/user I might think differently. Looks great and easy to navigate.

Thanks!

rob lay likes this.
  8. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Is that a "yes," "no," or "I don't know?" Seriously, why not just give a straight answer?

I looked for a way before posting and couldn't find a way. I assume the answer is "no," but thought I would check.

I can enlarge everything by zooming in, but that's not what I am looking for.

Mark

9. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Is that a "yes," "no," or "I don't know?" Seriously, why not just give a straight answer?

I looked for a way before posting and couldn't find a way. I assume the answer is "no," but thought I would check.

I can enlarge everything by zooming in, but that's not what I am looking for.

Mark

10. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Mark - you can go to preferences and turn off Rich Text editor but when you do so, you lose the easy of icons. I don't see a way to change default font. Perhaps you changed the font in a post and it stuck. Just try and create another post and change to the font you want - perhaps it will stick. Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Dave rocks likes this.
  12. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    This, among other reasons, is why you get pissed off users.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    umm, I think you are on another planet trying to say your community is larger than it is. some mods started a new thread in mod forum called "FerrariChat deplorables" and guess who's name is top of the list? I didn't even start it because my skin is pretty thick, especially expecting the problems with this project and knowing there would be "outlier" users. Really Mark, why are you being such a wanker through all of this? Maybe best you go away for a few months and come back when you and the software settle down.

14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Testing font

15. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Second font test

OK - changing font in one post does not result in a default change for me.

16. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    cool!
    Didn't know this.

tomc likes this.
  17. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    I have no idea what this means, but Rob, do you have any idea how many people have PM, called, emailed, or texted me about your attitude over the last year? Do you have any idea the number of people who have contacted said "hey, what is up Rob recently? He's being a total *******?" I can assure you the answer is many. Just scroll through some threads. I am far from the only one who hasn't been thrilled with how you respond to members.

Well, that's disheartening, but I probably deserve it. Like I said before, though, I was only lightheartedly joking initially, then got pissy later when I saw responses to other users.

I am perfectly fine and don't need to "settle down." I just don't like the BS game you apparently want to play. I searched and tried to find a way to permanently change my font to larger, but didn't find a way. So, I asked. WTF is wrong with asking a question; a simple question (presumably) you or one of the other mods would know the answer?

18. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Which browser?

Chrome its under settings--appearance--customize fonts
    Firefox its under options--content--fonts & colors--advanced
    Internet explorer/Edge... Haha as if anyone uses that :p

All other browsers should have similar settings.

A lot of website will break if you force the fonts option so it's probably a good idea to get an extension for your browser which allows you can pick and choose which sites you want.

For chrome you could try this one https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/font-changer-with-google/jgjhhoglgjdklldfgoffdiaceffijeke
    Firefox is currently moving away from legacy addons to webextension so a lot of people are reporting broken addons, you might need to test a few.

:)

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If anyone looking for a ***** administrator, well I'm not him. It has worked great for 17 years being "tough on crime" 1% of users causing 99% of the problems. Not only do we take care of the 1%, but it also sets a standard that keeps those borderline in check. I'm not trying to win friends or a congeniality award. If you are trolling, spamming, breaking rules, or just being an old curmudgeon don't expect me to put up with it. If I have some complaints against me, then I'm doing my job right. I gave users plenty of warning, I expected some problems, and promised we would work through them. All those Week 1 attacks were expected by me, but a little surprised you were one of them that took it into the mud.

Things are going exactly like I expected and promised, I will expect a few apologies from you old curmudgeons.

Do Not Like - Not Acceptable has improved from 39.6% to 19.2% with a bunch of bugs and design things to still work on and many users still trying for first time. Overall Likes has gone from 19% to 35%

The majority of users have been patient, understanding, kept up with bug/fixes list, and didn't take the process into the mud. For the users that like the mud, I can handle it, but don't expect me to roll over.

What is wrong with us educating users on where to find things? This improvement process is part bug fixes, design improvements, and user education.

tomc likes this.
  20. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Well, "govern" as you see fit, I guess.

I'll be the first to say the new format is better now than when it went live, but I suspect you don't care and that's not the dispute here.

Your post was not educational or helpful, especially since that was the first place I went to see if I could permanently increase the size of my font.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    No, that's good. Your attitude was you hate FerrariChat and me with things not expected to get better vs. most users who pointed out specific problems they didn't like were patient that we would start taking care of them. Basically, there was a fundamental problems in your attitude and approach, if you want to say I had a fundamental problem with my attitude responding to yours, I'm fine with that.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    so since everything the user can control is there and you looked there and it wasn't there, then why did you ask the question? Your post should have said you would like for users to configure their own font and then we can analyze it for development.

23. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Well, no it's not just your attitude in responding to me in relation to the new format issues. Your attitude seems to have been bad for about the last year. The sheer number of people who have raised concerns to me tells me I am not the only one who has noticed it. I don't hate you or FChat, but I did not expect it to be as bad in terms of visibility as it was/is. I think I am far from the only person to point out the readability/visibility issue.

24. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    I asked because I was wondering if I was missing something. It just seemed like if changing font was an option, there should be an option to change it permanently.

And, I did ask about changing font size previously. I asked if it could be up-sized site-wide.

rob lay likes this.
  25. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I just found the one thing I like about the new site (old style). I can easily upload 10 files at a clip. No more BROWSE & Upload. Though I think the site still stumbles on the pics. I got a number of dupes while doing it & even though I clicked on "full size", I still had thumbnails & had to edit to resize.