Ferrari's in Thailand??? | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's in Thailand???

Discussion in 'Asia' started by alx355gt, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny

This was an example of fault infos caused wrong decisions and errors!!

Shame on those who made this stupid mistake!!!

For more info and pics: www.ferrariclubthailand.com

2. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Kenny, I can't see anything related to that in the site & forum needs a log-in.

Sure, will call u when I'm there & I might drop by in a month or two to visit some old friends. Thanks for the info on the dealers but come to think of it the last time I was there, they were still using the old airport & we could see the Ferrari agent on the way to the city.

3. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
  4. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh sh*t ahhhh....was this confiscated by the customs? Second crushing since the Filipinos did theirs last month. Are they trying to keep the nos low or what!

5. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Dear Jon,

It's easy to log-in the FCT website....just register and the authorisation is automatic.

Theera

6. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    #581 theera, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some pics of the Ferrari Club Thailand Weekend in Pataya. All together 48 Ferraris' made it to the airfield at the beach resort for lunch, another 8 woke up late so they joined the dinner instead.

It was just great with partying going on up to 4am.........the next day was rough!!!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Geez that's great pics esp the Daytona & 328 speeding! Who took the helicopter? Abymore pics or they're in your site & I see u guys went into the airstrip, is that allowed?

Just saw your BBR, is that the Thai stripes?

You mentioned that only a 3rd of the Fcars are registered with the club, so almost 200 are never quite involved in your events. Do they just keep em away or not rd worthy?

8. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Do you mean Utapao airport for the Pattaya airport?

It apprears that I will have business activities that will have me there on and off through August of next year starting in about 3 weeks. I am waiting for an answer right now if U leave for BKK this Monday/arrive Wednesday morning then depart back to the US on the Friday night flight.

At some point I would like to meet up with some of the Thailand group.

Is Jess Pourett a member of the Thailand club? I believe he may now live somewhere in Thailand.

Jeff Kennedy

9. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Sorry no activities during your stay here in the Big Mango , the one soonest is the weekly Sunday morning gatherings at Starbucks Thonglor.

Jess is one of the Vice Presidents of Ferrari Club Thailand....and he lives up in Chiang Mai for the past 14 years with a yellow Daytona.

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Theera, don't tease us with just a few pics bud. Where are the rest? Looks like a great event.

Check on FCT website and didn't find them. Are they still being uploaded?

11. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Glad you enjoyed the pics SFchallenge. On long FCT sprints we always have a Cessna following us so that our Club's cameraman & videoman can capture our fun for our annual Mondiali magazine & DVD. For more pics have a look at the forum in our FCT website.

About the airstrip, we closed it off for a great picnic and some speed trials.......if you have a look at the pics in our forum you'll see some interesting shoot-outs between Galardos' and F430s'.

The amazing thing about that weekend was that we managed to get there safely, imagine that amount of ponies going in convoy at around 160km/h with the usual weekend traffic, it was like a FERRARI INVASION.

Ah you have seen the BBR, that's the first specially commissioned BBR model for any Club in the world, at least that's what the factory said to me. Yes, that's the Thai flag on it, and if you look closely instaed of FXX logo on the front & back the pony haas got FCT on it instead.

A third of the population of ponies are with FCT, that's a very high penetration compared to other Clubs around the world....sure Bhutan has got 100% because there's only one pony up there and he's the only Member.....joke. Back to your point, the other 2/3 are not interested due to various reasons.

Again, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics.

12. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Hi Hi.......you need to register in the website forum.......then go through the topics and you'll seeeeeeeeeeee

13. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Sounds like a very well organised club! Well done. Now if only that Cessna is in red Ferrari livery :D

We have 2 pilots among our Sg chatters, wonder if they can volunteer some work :)

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'm a budding pilot myself Jon. Curious to know who else flies?

15. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Uhhhhhh, that Cessna is Vietnam War era, not a good idea but if insist be my guest.

16. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Kun Theera,

Awesome piccies!

Now you understand about my 'rant' on Malaysia's Ferrari Club thing... Your FCT's just plain awesome and the Owner:Clubmember ratio is er..very extremely good.! Shows that Ferrari owners in Thailand are real, blue blooded enthusiasts without nary a care about status and/or creed.. and they know what a 'good time' means with their Ferraris. I envy you guys a lot.

17. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Very kind words, and thanks very much. It's hoped that we'll be able to welcome you one day to one of our events. The next big one is happening on December 1st evening, it's going to be the annual FCT New Year Party. Between now and then theres other smaller events such as the last FCT go-kart Challenge and the FCT Golf Invitation.

Keep in touch and if you're interested to see more pics just register in our website's forum.

18. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Very cool guys!!!

19. power Z

power Z Rookie

Oct 21, 2007
    Props to Ferrari Club Thailand!

Cheers.

20. bambert

bambert Karting

Feb 6, 2005
    #595 bambert, Oct 29, 2007
  21. bambert

bambert Karting

Feb 6, 2005
    #596 bambert, Oct 29, 2007
  22. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Thanks for posting, heard the shoot took like 4 hours!!!!!

23. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Nice CS & it's got the lexan side windows! Is it approved for street use?

24. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    It is legal here!!!

Thanks for compliment!

25. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Hi all fchat people, there's an FCT New Year Party this Saturday December 1st, place is Pullman Hotel, and time is 6pm onwards. If you're in town please drop by and enjoy the sights & sounds of the 80+ ponies that are cmoming together for the premiere event.