For Sale: Custom 308 aluminum water pump pulley. | FerrariChat

For Sale: Custom 308 aluminum water pump pulley.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by dave80gtsi, Sep 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    #1 dave80gtsi, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    For Sale: Custom 308 aluminum water pump pulley.

I had this unique pulley made for me by Miller’s Mule (I believe them to be no longer in business) and have been using it for roughly 6 years / 2000 miles. It’s a fantastic piece – my sole reason for selling it now is that I’ve just upgraded to a new Nick’s Hi-Po water pump which requires their own bespoke pulley.

This is a straight replacement for the OEM machined cast iron piece shown on the right in all four (4) of the comparison pictures (and which I had once spray painted gold. Just because). When you hold the OEM pulley in your hand, you certainly can’t help but wonder why it was made to be so heavy.

The new custom made aluminum pulley is an exact dimensional match for the OEM pulley in all critical parameters. It’s a perfect fit in every aspect: belt alignment is spot-on, and it even improves on the OEM pulley design by virtue of having a slightly deeper v-belt groove. It was specifically designed to use the exact same belt size and type as the OEM pulley, making it a true and super simple plug-n-play swap.

The most startling bit is the huge difference in their weights:

OEM Cast Iron Pulley: 542 grams weight.

Aluminum Pulley: 133 grams weight – that’s roughly 25% of the OEM pulley’s weight.

$175.00 USD plus domestic shipping charges.

Thanks - DM

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
  3. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Monthly bump.

Price reduction to $150.00 USD plus domestic shipping.

4. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Another month, another bump.

Price reduction to $125.00 USD plus domestic shipping.

Thanks - DM

5. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Wow. Did not realize that I still had this!
    This is a -very- nice high quality item. You will not be disappointed in any way!
    $120.00 USD plus domestic shipping.

6. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Miller's Mule makes/made great stuff. I'd hate to think that he's no longer making parts. Can't believe this wasn't sold in the first couple of hours-- great way to take weight of off the rotating engine bits.

7. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    #7 dave80gtsi, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Thanks - Yes, this is indeed an extremely nice piece, custom made to a very high quality standard. 100% Plug and Play, no further work whatsoever required.

To my knowledge it is one-of-one that has ever been made.

Any owner who is considering an upcoming water pump R&R project would be wise to grab this one now, to use then as a super easy while-you-are-at-it upgrade.

The -only- reason why I am selling it (after going thru quite a lot of design back-and-forth work with Miller's Mule in 2011 to have it made) is because it does not fit to my current Nick's water pump.

The original asking price, as shown in Post #1, represented my actual out of pocket cost at that time. Won't be going any lower than the current asking price.

Thanks - DM