Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 42 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    After years of working as a valet I can agree.

2. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    Honda Accord owners usually tip the best! :D

3. StallionRx

StallionRx Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    South CT
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just curious...what's considered a good tip with your standard valet?

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Only one. Just thought a "My Other Car is a Ferrari" would be funny on the 458 Spider. :D
    People do ask: is that a Ferrari. One asked if it was a replica.
    Where can I get one?

RS5: I do have a Scottsdale Ferrari holder on the front and a Ferrari of Denver holder on the back. Lol

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I do $20. They remember me.

I do not valet the Fcar, just the Audis. No reason to take the Fcar out at night as top down driving is not too much fun. It gets COLD here when the sun goes down. No reason to valet during the day.

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Go on eBay. They're all over on there. I'm sure it will start some conversations!

7. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Been there done that.
    Hey......do you still have that old Ferrari
    Uhhhh.......which one????

8. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    It all depends on location. Private party or front door. With private parties a 5-10 is standard. 20$ gets a good spot. With locations its different. I worked a upclass restaurant and bar in malibu. The spots on the lot were 20 min. 50 or 100 will get you close.

I would say 20 is always safe bet. Highest I got was 500 from a honda civic with 200k miles. Never underestimate the small cars ;)

9. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I now fancy a "My other car is an Alfa Romeo" for my Ferrari. eBay here I come..

10. Tricycle

Tricycle Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    LA Cnty 4,083sqmiles
    Two weekends in a row I've gotten into brief conversations with people at stop lights who turn out to be from Italy.

Both times the gist:

"I am Italian (with the prerequisite Italian accent) I should be driving that car!!!"

I think I'm living on borrowed time before I get hit over the head and wake up to find my car gone. :)

Filling up at the gas station I had a guy one station over yelling "Magnum!!" at me.

I answered "Shhhh I'm on a undercover case!"

11. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    My wife drives our Speciale a lot, and with the many 2 lane twisty roads here, she really enjoys it.

One downside is she frequently gets people trying to chase her, or kids driving and attempting to use their iPhones to videotape the car. My wife, a responsible PTA President and mother of two, then decides whether to slow down and duck away, or mash the throttle and disappear.

She did a run to the grocery store once and told me she was buzzing along and noticed a newer BMW coupe behind her, clearly trying to keep up.

When she pulls into the grocery store parking lot, she usually pulls around the side as the parking is safer....to which this BMW pulls up next to her. The (young) woman driver asks "is this YOUR car", to which my wife says yes....followed by the other woman asking "are you looking for a girlfriend?".

So every single time I read one of those "does the car help you pick up women?" or "are hot women attracted to the car?" threads, I realize it's only happened to my wife.

12. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom

I know it's not a competition but you just won multiple threads.

13. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    +1

14. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Loooooooool!

15. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  16. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Ok, this isn't really funny or stupid....

On the first day I had my 360 Spider out of winter storage, I drove to a nearby park and stopped with the engine running so that I could reprogram my radio (when I use the batt. kill switch, the radio loses its memory). Anyway, a few guys were playing basketball. One kid comes over and starts talking to me. Saying he saw a Bentley out today. Mentioning he has never been this close to a Ferrari before. Does it have a V-10 engine? That sort of small talk.

Then, he goes "Hey, do you ever take people for rides?" I tell him, "Yes, I do for friends and people that I know." then he asks "Well, will you take me for a ride?" I decline, telling him that I need to get going now and that my wife asked me to head home soon (she didn't). Off I went on a drive for about an hour.

I guess it probably takes guts to get into a total stranger's car and go for a ride. Not something I'd personally do, but to each his own I guess.

I genuinely love to take my friends for a ride in the car, even let them drive it if they're good, but no - I draw the line at strangers I meet in the park. I live in a nice area, so I guess it probably would have been ok, but I wasn't interested.

17. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    You're right...it took guts (or just plain gall) for the kid to ask, but you could have made his day and inspired him to achieve successful life goals in pursuit of his own future Ferrari.

Fine, I understand that you didn't want to that day, but consider doing so in the future...

18. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Maybe... each situation is different. This one just didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. No offense to the guy, I just wasn't feeling it (plus, it was a "shake out" ride for me since it was the first time on the road after >4 months in storage, and I needed to be very focused on the car). Conversely, for some FCA cruises, members (non-owners) will ask if they can ride with me - technically they're strangers as I've never met them before, but they're members so they have some skin in the game. I oblige these requests if my pass. seat isn't already full. Those are the most fun, because they're longer.

I can't say I've ever given a total stranger a ride like this when they have asked me - I've let strangers sit in the car regularly, but not exactly the same as a ride. I'll have friends ask if I can give their friend a ride, and I'll oblige that too. If somebody is even remotely vetted, I'm down.

And, FWIW, I don't feel I should have to take responsibility to help the kid be motivated to do something great with his own life.

19. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    I hear you there, I was just focused on the "making the kid's day" thing.

I have given complete strangers rides before...especially if she was cute. :D

20. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    Exactly that is the reason why I tend to answer to the positive (if I do not have a bad feeling or have a time schedule to meet). I believe that there is no better way to motivate a car-enthusiastic kid for school than by giving him the experience of a 15 minutes blast in a Ferrari (or Lamborghini). By the way, that also makes the parents recognize you and such a car in a quite different (positive) manner. In case of younger kids their permission should be obtained anyway, but I never heard one saying "no" :D.

21. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Like jack a Ferrari?

Letting any stranger in your car is risky and Ferraris tend to attract all sorts.

I'm big on sharing but you have be prudent.

22. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Totally agree on "making the kid's day" but we unfortunately live in a "take what you can get" society. As soon as that young man is in your car you are responsible for everything that happens whether it's your fault or not. I hate to be a "negative Nancy" but there are just too many variables to justify the risk. If you get in a minor fender bender, the kid could try to clean you out by claiming a false neck injury. Kid could also claim you convinced him to get in your car and that you made advances at him or touched him inappropriately. Lots of folks see the horse on the side of the car and go after the guy with the deep pockets.

I had an incident where I I was trying to sell some furniture from my home. The people inquiring about the furniture saw my house/property and proceeded to fake an injury while walking down the stairs of my patio. After further investigation into the claim by my insurance company it was found that the injury was pre-existing.

Most of us that drive these wonderful machines have worked extremely hard to make a wonderful life for ourselves. Many folks that do not have the same quality of life will try to take it from you rather than put the time and effort in to achieve for themselves. Watch your back!

Having said that, I make it a point to share my car and provide wonderful experiences to all of the young (and old) people in my life...that I know, or at least have mutual acquaintances with. Just my 2 cents.

23. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I've given strangers rides in all of my Ferraris. I was at a coffee place with my F40 and some guy was going on on about the car. Finally, I just told him to get in and I would take him for a quick drive. I've done that a few times. Makes people's days.

24. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    That it does. Particularly in an F-40 and I'm glad that you've had such good experiences.

25. LostAussie

LostAussie Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart