Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 43 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I let strangers sit in my spider. They like to have their picture taken. So far all have been women.

A friend lets people sit in his spider at car shows. Charges $10 and gives the money to charity.

Best

2. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I let people sit in my spider as well, though I could never dream of charging people to sit (for charity of course, even then). I hesitate to think about the looks on peoples' faces when I tell them it'll cost $10.

It's funny to see how quickly people will form a line around your car once they hear you have offered to let people sit, either at a C&C or other type of show.

3. teej

teej Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2009
    Pacific Palisades
    #1053 teej, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    kids only and only to sit in the drivers seat, no drive. the ones with jaw dropped looks and not holding onto ice cream cones.

4. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Nothing like the look on a kid's face when you offer them a chance to sit in a Ferrari.
    May be the best part of any show.

5. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Clever man! :)

Kind regards,

Nuno.

6. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    As further evidence that in general most people don't know what model is which, I was parking today and 2 guys asked me what model my 360 was. When I told them it was a 360 they said "we were both wrong ". I then asked what they thought it was, one thought it was an Enzo and the other an F40.

7. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was pumping gas into the 308 a few days ago and a guy asked if it was an F40. Most of the time people think it's a Testarossa. 😄

8. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Hot babes, free rides, its that simple.

9. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I only get old, bald men interesting in riding along. Hot babes look on, might even behave fairly/openly flirtatious and comment, but usually don't ask for a ride.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

10. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    He puts a sign on the windshield which states the fee and the charity. Some scholarship for disadvantaged children. He is on the board of his alma mater. It's legit IMVHO.

Best

11. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I gave people rides around the Nurburgring in my 2002 Z06 but wouldn't give a kid a ride when stopped by the park.

12. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    The fact that the kid comes up basically to ask you for a ride is a big turn-off.

13. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    You never know what is on the bottom of a strangers shoe.

14. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey, don't feel bad about not letting random people ride with you. Too much risk for no upside for you.

15. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Unless its a Hot Babe with big..........

16. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    .... personality?
    .... hair?
    .... shoes to fill?

I give up.

17. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well, that's a different kind of "up"side... ;)

18. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Boyfriend with a gun?

19. Ravester

Ravester Rookie

May 19, 2014
    Andorra
    Its not a Ferrari its a Fiat, the old Spanish man said, as I was driving out the Parking lot, No I said its a Dino GT4, Yes the man said but it was made in the Fiat Factory, No I said its a Dino Ferrari and in was made a Ferrari to fit Enzo Ferrari. No it a Fiat the man said!

Oh I said I better get a refund! ;-/

20. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    What an absurd comment!

There's a Lancia Thema 8.32 with a "by Ferrari" badge on the engine. That doesn't make it a Ferrari. The same way a Dino is a Ferrari on its own right.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

21. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I often get the flip side of that with "is that the Magnum car?", and have to say "no, it's the Miami Vice car" ;)

22. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    With a Big Heart....What Else?

23. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    A different kind of Fcar, my 1964 Fiat 500, but once I was posing through the sunroof for a magazine. Once I got out of the car, I was pushed out of the way and these two people jumped in my car for the same shot. I was too shocked to truly comprehend what was happening. Sort of sat there looking with a WTF just happened face- guess they thought it was a free event :)

Another time at a Ferrari national meet, I brought the Fiat and sure enough, a little old Italian man made his way into the car when no one was around. Just sat there reminiscing. Good thing I didn't have anything in the car worth value. His reason: he thought they were for sale. Lock your doors, people. Lock 'em up! :)

24. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe

Lol, yeah I chuckled when this happened once at a car show. Ugly dude, cute chick. He was trying to impress her and said something like 'and here is the Ferrari Tom Selleck drove in Magnum PI. Remember the opening credits? It's in there.' The girl seemed impressed and I didn't feel like CBing the dude so I just went along with it. 'yeah, and right there in the center console is where they mounted K.I.T.T.' I said. The girl was impressed, but I think the dude knew I was making fun of him. :)

25. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I was out getting a sandwich today and parked my 360 in the back of the parking lot.

In the sandwich shop, a young fellow approached me and mentioned he had a Malibu, and did I want to race? I told him, no thanks, I'm not much for racing. To which he replied "My dad's a cop so I could get him to make it legal." I smiled, a bit puzzled. Oh well!
    He did mention that my car was beautiful, so at least he was right about something!