Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market | Page 27 | FerrariChat

Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    Awesome, hope you get at least 200 for it

2. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    Awesome car, good luck with the sale, these are exceptional machines, I hope you get your asking price, or close to it.

3. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    GLWS. Maybe someone from Denver will be high as a kite and pay your ask. Good on you for testing the waters.

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

4. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
  5. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo

Hey al maybe it's not to late to use this price as leverage with the insurance company for value on your late 360 (rip).

6. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'm very pleased with my insurance company and the value they placed on my 360. It was $45,000 more than a buddy got for his newer F1 with 10k less miles.

I think the Haggerty valuation is spot on ($30,000 premium for manual cars). Insurance payment should be arriving today.

There is a huge chasm between bid and ask, as you know. I'm happy with the 430 Spider.

The car posted at $200,000+ is a pipe dream, IMHO. The kind of pipe used to smoke wacky tobacco. But, I wish the owner GLWS. Who knows?

7. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    Nah, someone is smoking too much weed if they pay $225,000 for a 360. I've got a buddy selling a Scud for less than that price.

My insurance company was very fair. Haggerty value pricing is spot on IMHO. My company paid me $40,000 more than the amount my (car dealer) buddy sold a condition 1, 3-year newer F1, with 10k less miles than my car.

Haggerty Valuation says $30k premium for manuals. I think they have a good handle on the market and condition pricing.

I get my insurance check today and I am loving the 430 Spider.

8. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #658 sherpa23, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    First, I think it's probably very unlikely that someone who gets high would have the financial wherewithal to afford a Ferrari, although that's conjecture on my part as I don't have anyone in my immediate circle of friends who does that stuff. NY Times recently published an article that said essentially that long term pot users become losers. I believe that was the title.

Secondly, if your friend has a pristine, sub 15k mile Scud for less that $225k, please pm me his information.

Lastly, no one who is not participating in a market gets to make it; only buyers and sellers. You can belittle him however much you want for his asking price but it makes no difference. The market will speak.

9. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    No pipe smoking here buddy. Just a honest 360 spec'd to my likings and maybe someone wants the exact configuration out there. Never say never it happens.

If I wanted a quick sale I would have priced her accordingly.

Thanks

10. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Those are 2 really great finds! Highlights a point which is that there are so many tremendous sports cars available at the $200k level (new/used).

I do have to quibble with you over the 25% of 360s were manual though...don't think it was quite that high. I'd say closer to 15% just based on everything I've read/absorbed over the years.

11. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo

You should see taz's posts on this in various threads he has his finger on the pulse of this one. I believe the # is actually higher than 25. I'll try to find the link.

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I think that the number for US cars, based on a compilation of data including old order sheets from dealers that I got, is more like 18% to 20%. It's not comprehensive or definitive but what looks likely is that the US led the way in F1 orders. That shouldn't surprise anyone. That's also why you don't see one out of every four 360s for sale here being manual. We got less.

13. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Most of what I know I have learned here. Sherpa thanks for the education!

14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    No problem, unfortunately, it's really hard to find truly definitive data. Taz's stuff is good but it's not always relevant. For example, it's great to know how many were ordered in the UK but if we had a different order preference, the stock of US cars look vastly different.

We have the worldwide number but as Rick and others have pointed out, it's not what we see here. Let's be honest, do we see anywhere near 28% of the 360s on the market being manual? We don't and I don't think that it's a surprise as to why:

A while back, I got my hands on some order sheet compilations from a couple of dealerships (only a couple, so not a super sample size) and there were hardly any manual 360s ordered. If you extrapolate that out, it's like 12% of the orders. Now, I don't think that it was that low nationwide but it's a strong indication that US buyers didn't order nearly as many manual 360s as the rest of the world. This also makes sense when you realize that you see a higher percentage of manual to F1 cars when you see Euro cars offered here. I think that the US manual coupe percentage is closer to 18%.

Now, the European buyers were quick to adopt F1 transmissions but not as quickly as here. My understanding is that by the time the F430 came out, the ratio was pretty much the same. But the 360 was not, especially initially.

Anyways, I hope that this helps somewhat.

15. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Car is beautiful. GLWS

16. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Yah, at most, we see 1 out of 5 online for sale being 'gated' here in the US. Could be fewer were specified in the US, it could also be that the owners consider them "keepers" and are not offering them up for sale.

One interesting data point - someone recently posted a "Wanted" ad for gated 360s here in the classifieds and within 1 day, 5 owners came out of the woodwork.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/520116-wanted-360-coupe-manual-transmission.html

17. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #668 sherpa23, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Three were from dealers and a fourth was offered for sale on here before. I don't think that qualifies as coming "out of the woodwork."

That said, I do believe that one of the reasons they're not as prevalent is because more owners of manuals choose to keep them but maybe I think that because I feel like that. Again, the market speaks and it's really up to any of us who aren't in the market to dictate terms.

As I've said on here before, I think that a fair price for a 20k mile clean, well-optioned, properly serviced and loved 360 manual is right around $150k. Plus or minus for a variety of stuff. But what the heck do I know? I'm not in the market. Making it more complicated is while I think that's a fair price, I wouldn't sell mine for anywhere near that, nor would many others on here. They're hard to replace. So I get it when people ask more.

18. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    " I wouldn't sell mine for anywhere near that, nor would many others on here. They're hard to replace. "

Bingo.

19. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    The data that I have gives me an estimate of ~571 6MT Modenas in the US (US vin+ imported - totaled/salvaged). Compare that to roughly 328 or so CSs... Not perfect, but puts things into perspective.

Compare that to GT3 or even GT3 RS Production #'s. Although I want one of those too. :)

20. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Ok my quick fuzzy math from auto trader now in USA

176 total 360'coupe and spider (don't hassle me I know this is a coupe thread, just bigger sample size).

26 total 3 pedal cars. I verified personally. Either f1 or I could not verify 10 of the 36 listed as manual.

26/176 = ~15% currently listed on auto trader.

Supports sherpa's assumption.

21. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Sorry, I meant to say that it's not up to any of us who aren't in the market to dictate terms.

22. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al

Not belittling at all. The buyer is smoking hemp at that price, not the seller.

My friend paid about $200,000 for a black scud recently. Well sorted, nice car, lots of CF.

23. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Just for the record, I was the one who postulated 15% was a closer number. :) Thank you for doing the data mining...I know it's no fun reading all of those ads to see which ones are really F1 after all.

24. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think everyone has just extrapolated the percentages from other styles of Ferrari and this is the first time I have seen numbers as low as 18% of total production came to US. I like to use 30% as my guess number but even then..if 30% of the total production of gated Modenas came to the US, that is something like 16 cars allocated per state.

So you pretty much can't even spit in the wind without hitting one! ;-)