Global Motorcars of Houston???????? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Global Motorcars of Houston????????

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    come up up here, brother.....i will give you the best kc hospitality.

btw, talked to one of the salesman and was told the roadster was SOLD yesterday......roy will probably get his money (with a few days of float...).

ps: however, they are interested and want to pay cash for my new murci, though :D :D

2. Redlambo

Redlambo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2004
    Pendergrass GA
    Full Name:
    Vic Woloschinow
    What a bunch of Azzes, thats just wonderfull and they sell the car without a title. Make sure you get that title to them ASAP (LOL) when you get the $$$ wired into your account. Good Luck Roy hope all works out Sincerely Vic

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    More graduates from the Clown School of Business!

Gotta get you lookin' good, Tom. My girl is in Lawrence, and we have house guest (Val's Mom) from Independence....I think there's an Art Car gig in Lawrence in May...we'll stop in!

4. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    pls do.....will take you out for dinner in my new Murci (unless i decide to sell it to Global Motorcars before your arrival :) ).

5. buyitused

buyitused Rookie

Jan 17, 2005
    I think if it were me, I would lose the title in some type of fire after payment is sent. :)

Good luck with the details sir!

6. Ecnal

Ecnal Karting

Jun 28, 2004
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Ecnal
    It should be a lesson to everyone who does business on the internet -- keep your word or suffer. I'd never heard of these guys but won't be dealing with them anytime soon.

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Bound for Croatia

8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    they cannot sell a car they dont hold in dealer inventory. thay do not have a title and therefore cannot admit they sold it , when they have no legal claim to the car and have not paid you for it. you cannot sell a car of this year and type ( as a " dealership ") without a title as a dealer. i am almost positive its a Federal law, not a State law.

did the cops ask to see and secure the car? with all of this that has been going on, why didnt they arrest them or ask for the car, since they admitted the night before they would not pay for it and you could come get it. thier stories to the cops dont even match day to day.

i do not understand why the police did not take any action as the "307k" statement admitted they were still in ILLEGAL possesion of the car. i would ask your cop friends to explain that to you.

i have never met Roy and i have only spoken with him once on the phone about a Jalpa. used cars in general Lambo or otherwise are still used cars, but Roy has always impressed me a having a passion and sincerity.

i bet these morons did not plan on THE CALVARY attack on the net..... :)

9. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger

Didn't Roy put the difference in miles on it. I don't think it was anything illicit.

10. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nah, Roy's a stand-up guy. He wouldn't stoop to their level, even though they so richly deserve it.

11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    carreaper and I see this the same....they are WAAAAAY out on a limb with this deal, if the local deputy doesn't see that I'd have to explain it to them.

Glad to see they found a buyer and Roy doesn't have to ship it back...it's down to a quarter of a million dollars and two days interest!

Not bad.........seen a wire yet, Roy????

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Oh, I see...505, when Roy got it....never mind!

13. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE 1:40pM pcst TIME Seattle

The car is NOW LISTED OFFICIALY AS STOLEN!!!!!!

The SPD Detective division has been back and forth to the "Showroom". They have not been able to locate JOHN (son) the owner, Joel the comptroller. The only person on site is the poor phone girl and lot boy who opened up this AM, ( I think they are about to walk out).

They can not locate any of the parties at their homes, cell phones. No luck anywhere!!

THE CAR IS NOW LISTED IN THE NATIONAL POLICE DATABASE (NCIC) AS STOLEN........THERE IS A CASE NUMBER AND REPORT STARTED.

THIS IS NOW A CRIME!!!!!!!

ANYONE SEEING THIS CAR PLEASE CALL 911 RIGHT AWAY.......

THANKS ROY CATS

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    To heck with Sugarland....call Houston PD Theft at 713 308-3500 or the Dealer line at 713 308-1440.

I'll .....*ahem* ....check all the Strip Bars on the way home...the least I can do.

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's just 5 minutes 'till 4PM here....get busy, we still have one hour of the day left!

16. emissary

emissary Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Anyone know whether auto insurance covers a theft of this type???

17. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Rookie

Dec 6, 2006
    Very sorry to hear that Roy.

Do you have any other info on John... like a last name or the plate numbers from his vehicle last night?

18. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Probably would. They cover if a car gets taken during a test drive, so I would imagin that they should probably cover this too.

Any thoughts about whether Roy could/should go after the shipper too?

19. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Roy, I hope all works out

Just a stupid question though. If they do find the car and it is returned will the title be labeled as Theft Recovery? If so, what does that do to the value of the car?

Best of luck,
    dsd

20. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    this guy and his son think they can just sell the car overseas or disappear with it?

where the hell do you hide a white roadster, with former celeb ownership?

where are they going to hide from felony charges like this? for "a car" ?

ROY, could you post some pics and the vin ??? i only found pics of a white Diablo roadster you had, not a Murcie. (???)

21. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I believe that the theft recovery is used when the vehicle has been stripped of enough parts that the insurance company totals it. If it is returned in good shape then there should be no flags on the title.

I just don't get it for what? $300,000? This is just plain stupid. Why would you wreck your whole existence for a third of a million dollars...then have to split it three ways. This just boggles my mind.

22. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I believe that it was on Roys site under the sold section but you can see it on the thiefs website (with VIN) at http://www.globalmotorcars.com/detail.asp?make=lamborghini&StockNumber=267

23. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    yes, i was wondering that too last night. guy (allegedly)lies about the delivery time , lied about " holding the car until funds were verified" and then admits to taking an "extra $3000 for unloading the car"

now i am just a dumb airplane mechanic, but doesnt taking money deeply involve this guy IN A FELONY???? HE UNLOADED THE CAR AND WAS NOT RELEASED TO.

hey guys, how good is the insurance these transporter guys have? could be grounds for further legal and civil action?

i wonder if he makes deals like this alot, i bet the IRS would love to know his story. :)

thanks for that, i kept getting a page error on his sold inventory. i wont post pics or VIN without his permission.

24. june_gl

june_gl Karting

Sep 18, 2006
    California
    Sorry to hear about all this Roy, and it isn't looking good. If the police do find this guy and the state decides to prosecute him, whether he gets jail time or not, you would still need to seek your own recourse in civil court for monetary damages you suffered. It's a lengthy process and even if or when you can settle or get a judgment in your favor, collection of money is a completely different matter. There are several parties here to sue. Best of luck to you.

25. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't want to cast doom and gloom, but I do have a legitimate thought about all of this. While the power of the internet is great, and will hopefully help you recover your car, it can also bite. Now most of the Lamborghini community knows that this car has been missing and likely hot-rodded around Houston/Sugar Land. I can't imagine that the car now has the same value that it did when loaded on the car carrier in Seattle.