*GMP Autosport* Valentino Balboni Aventador SV Roadster (01/30) exhaust install | FerrariChat

*GMP Autosport* Valentino Balboni Aventador SV Roadster (01/30) exhaust install

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by WillF, Jan 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WillF

WillF Karting

Dec 2, 2016
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Will
    #1 WillF, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello F-chatters!

I'm excited to share pictures of our recent experience installing the VB (Valentino Balboni) exhaust system on a Lamborghini Aventador SV Roadster. This was an exciting project for a number of reasons. This is the first system to be built after the prototype was unveiled. It's built out of titanium, weighs in at just 13.8 pounds, and looks like it belongs in a museum. Seriously, this thing is stunning. Each weld is precise, all of the details are finished to perfection, and the presentation of the system is second to none.

As you can see in the pictures, the details are absolutely incredible. They really show off the engineering and design that went into every aspect of this system. Take a look and let us know what you think. Stay tuned for many more pictures and some sound clips of this absurdly cool system in action, I'll be updating this thread pretty frequently. (It sounds insane).

-Will
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks lovely but. . . . what will it bring performance wise to the car. As surely this is the point of the upgrade. That and the sound of course.
    R

3. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    I love the look of that exhaust. If it were mine, I would run without as many rear panels as possible so I could see it more often.

4. WillF

WillF Karting

Dec 2, 2016
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Will

Because of the lightweight construction and improved flow this exhaust has, power is obviously increased. We don't have hard numbers as we haven't done a before/after comparison, but there will be slight horsepower gains as well as a slight reduction in weight thanks to this system. The sound is immense. Much deeper, throatier and more substantial sounding than stock.

5. WillF

WillF Karting

Dec 2, 2016
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Will
    Thanks Nick. We actually removed part of the rear bumper so the exhaust will "peek" out and provide some killer reflections when the sun hits it just right. Pics to come of the bumper-on look!

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It's a beautiful system for sure..too bad only the mechanics will get to see it. Owner will know he spent big money on it, yet only get to see the tips of his investment.

7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Beyond gorgeous. Word has it that the dudes who make the Pagani exhausts make these.
    Isn't this exhaust $30k?

8. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ok. So its another exhaust. It sure is pretty and I'm sure it will sound great and maybe add to the car. Shame you won't see much of it, as others have stated, but this is the nature of install.

If this was my post, I would have had the sound clip, the performance figures and the weight loss figures all ready to go. Including the price. As said, there are a lot of exhaust options out there. Apart from being affilated with the great man himself, what is the unique selling point on this item?

9. WillF

WillF Karting

Dec 2, 2016
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Will
    Hey Spyder man, the reason I didn't include pricing figures is because there are only 30 units and all are sold-out. You're right about the owner not being able to "fully" see if once it's on the car, which is true. Luckily, there are enough openings to know that there's something special back there whenever you look at the car :) VB also presents the exhaust with a special "display stand" that is used for the purpose of displaying the exhaust once the owner is "done" using it on his/her car. It's meant to be a functional art piece more than just an exhaust, and it truly is.

The exhaust is all titanium, completely hand built, and requires over 350 man hours to produce. The staggering craftsmanship and quality plus all of the influence and insights from Valentino are some of the main reasons this exhaust is so unique. Stay tuned for some start-up sound clips. It really does give the SV a unique sound.

10. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi Will, you sir, should go into sales ;-)

So, its art over function. Its horses for courses. I guess some owners will want the best and this system fits their needs. I agree its a beautiful piece of workmanship. I would be more subjective in my decision of which system, as befits my criteria. If an earlier poster's cost is nearly accurate, Then I would want to know what I would be getting for my money.

Is this a limited time only run of just 30 pieces. Or is a second run in the pipeline?

Rob

11. WillF

WillF Karting

Dec 2, 2016
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Will
    #11 WillF, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Boomhauer likes this.
  12. WillF

WillF Karting

Dec 2, 2016
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Will
    Spyder-Man, thanks for the kind words :)

I wouldn't say it's art over function per-se. More of functional art, if that makes sense. The aesthetics were a main point of the design, and the goal was to seamlessly meld the two together. You're correct this system is limited to only 30 pieces. I am not sure if they are planning on another run, but based on the success of this system I would say it's quite a good possibility.

13. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    What I want to know is what proportion of the alleged $30k is art and how much is function!

14. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    Does this exhaust have valves that open and close?

15. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    No valves. And the build quality is amazing!

It would be cool to see performance results on the dyno, but the weight savings is pretty significant.