Good Insurance Company for a Ferrari | FerrariChat

Good Insurance Company for a Ferrari

Discussion in 'Canada' started by drbruno, Feb 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Hey Gang,

I'll need to insure my Ferrari 360 Modena. 2003 gated. I currently use Chubb, but can get a good premium with The Personal as they provide group rates to the Ontario Dental Association. Any thoughts on the Personal? Any other good companies to look at?

Thanks,

Bruno

2. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Hi Bruno,

Do you know any company doing group rates for the BC Dental Association?

3. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I've been with The Personal for 3 years now through work. Very good service (haven't made a claim with them though, so can't comment on that). Their rates are decent for newer cars, but I've found not so good for older ones. Much like other insurers, it's a market that they don't really seem to understand.

I do have 5 cars insured with them, I think I pay about 2k/year for my 456. 25 y/o male, clean record, very little use. Can't wait to turn 26 and be able to get Hagerty.

4. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    Although you said you do put low mileage on the car, the limitations of usage on cars once with Hagerty seem not so great especially since your yearly insurance rate is unexpensive! I'd think about it a bit more. Also, I would recommend that you stay with an insurance company as long as possible instead of jumping around. Your rates will fall significantly over the years.

5. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    I believe The Personal does CDA and all provinces. I've decided to go with Chubb as they are more specialized for a collector car and have Agreed Upon Value.

6. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    I personally use TD Meloche Monnex, they have a discount rate for Canadian Medical Association members, would think they also have a rate for CDA members.

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Contact Dewight Strong, tell him Tom Bakowsky sent you. He is with Certas, formally state farm. I have insured all my cars under him for..well since I was driving.

8. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Do you guys generally use the same insurer for your exotics as for your daily drivers?

9. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There is no better company to deal with for a claim then Chubb. Think twice.

10. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I ended up going with Aviva...my primary car is with them. Never had a problem with claims, and other than zehr, who's conditions wouldn't work for me, seemed to have the best rate.
    Used to b with TD meloche monnex due to the U of T alumni discount...they were fine, but Aviva (when it was RBC insurance) undercut them.
    One tip, when they ask if you will put winter tires on it, just say yes, even if you don't drive it in the winteR. None of them seem to have the common sense to understand that you shouldn't receive a higher rate for a car without winter tires that you never drive in the winter.

11. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I saved a lot when I switched to The Personal. $757 for a C6 ZR1, $631 for an X5M, $1063 for a Scud. We also had a claim within the first week we switched to them as my wife got rear ended in her Caddy by a city dump trump and the car was a write off. They were easy to deal with and gave us a fair price on the car.

12. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day,

I am unsure if it is a regional thing... but the google reviews of Aviva here in Edmonton, Alberta are very poor. 16 our of 18 reviewers gave them only one star. That being said, these online reviews are not the most scientific... but certainly would cause me to investigate further.

Cheers,

Sam