Gran Turismo 6 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gran Turismo 6

Discussion in 'Technology' started by BlackBird007, Sep 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #26 WJHMH, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As far as the microtransactions, I'm not a fan of it either. The credits need to be earned & not bought. It takes the whole fun of learning about the car & building up PP's now irrelevant. Another thing is the Ferrari F1 cars have been omitted. Not sure why but maybe PD is now wanting to sell them as DLC, what a shame. I really like driving these cars too. So much effort went into them. Sometime later today I will be picking up my copy, but for now weather here in the DFW area has created a bit of transportation problem, just hope the Gamestop is open. Next time I'll have it shipped.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Unfortunately, both Turn 10 (Forza) and Polyphony (Gran Turismo) recognize there are players who would rather not "earn" credits by winning races to buy cars, so they give them the opportunity to buy them outright. I don't think something like this could happen unless there is a large contingent of gamers who express the willingness to 'pay' for a McLaren P1 or La Ferrari versus spending days/weeks/months to build up enough in-game credits to get them.

Manufacturers only do what their customers are willing to allow. In this case, impatience helps to make the games more profitable (assuming they ARE profitable).

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #28 ricksb, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    Picked her up today…

-MUCH faster load times

-Physics actually seem improved…not so prone to oversteer and spin at the slightest sneeze. Steering feels a little "heavier" (in a good way)

- Stay off the grass

- LOVE LOVE LOVE the ability to control weather/time-of-day. Currently driving the Mercedes Vision GT through Nurburgring at 7a with variable weather. I was able to pick it up via micro transaction in game (JUST KIDDING…it's available immediately as a gift car)

- Graphically it's outstanding…I would have expected this for PS4. Cars sound improved by a LOT (though I obviously haven't driven very many yet)

- Interface/presentation on selection screens is a bit primitive, but I'd rather have the time spent on tracks/cars

- Tracks are busier than before (more activity similar to Forza)

Still tons to explore, but the faster load times alone will probably make me trade in GT5 (though I may keep it for the Ferrari F1 cars…tbd)

4. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Probably because of Top Gear's tie-in with Forza now.

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Replaced it with Goodwood...

6. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Mine isn't in yet. Can you drive anything on the moon other than the rover?

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I'm not even close to finding that out. It looks like you need to complete the "novice" level activities before you can get anything. I'll check it out again tonight after I get home from work.

8. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So far I really love it, although I'm barely past Novice. It feels like what GT5 should have been. HUGE selection of wheels now too, not just 5 or 6 per car.

9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1. GT5 feels like a rush job and somewhat disjointed. It's not just how good this one looks/drives, it's all of the friggin' options you can have. I really love the ability to adjust weather and time…that goes all the way back to Project Gotham Racing (the first one). It's been maddening that nobody could figure out how to make that happen for all of these years. (I'm interested on whether or not we get the Senna features in the U.S.?)

The game just feels really deep (despite me being nowhere near scratching the surface). Can I say again how impressed I am with the vehicle controls and dynamics? I can race someone in close quarters through Eau Rouge and not hit them as I pass…the steering is really firm and predictable. Also, I love the fact that vehicles actually have body roll as they turn into a corner…the realism of this game is awesome!

If this is the swan song for PS3, Polyphony went out on the right note. I can't imagine what they'll do on PS4.

10. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Biggest issue right now is the money, it feels like they purposefully kept the payouts low to encourage the micro transactions and that's just wrong.

I have no problems with micro transactions in games, people play games differently, but torpedoing the economy of the game is wrong. I'd easily be making double per race in GT5 than I am now, if not more.

11. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Didn't most of the money come from seasonal events in GT5? I haven't unlocked those yet, but I'm expecting to pick up in-game credits there.

I will not support micro transactions whatsoever. I'll just have to be patient in getting the rare or super-exotics.

12. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    My son was on the moon yesterday. He says the rover is the only option (until someone hacks it), but it's still a LOT of fun. Dare I say it's one giant leap for GT?

13. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I picked up my copy yesterday late afternoon & stayed up to almost 3am playing. The game seems a bit easier than the previous versions but the steering input feels better. The 25 cars you unlock with the anniversary edition makes it almost too easy, Still running all stock, I didn't even add any mods to any of the car yet. I didn't buy a car until the IB classic 90's japanese challenge.

I did struggle with the Goodwood Dino challenge only because I was really getting tired of trying to unlock the gold trophy, the rear end tends to wander.

Going to get started soon on the rest of the test to start racing online so we can get a FCHAT racing room group going.

PSN:WJHMH

14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #39 ricksb, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    How do you find out which cars you unlock? (EDIT: Never mind, it's in the Anniversary Edition, which I did not buy) I have the Merc Vision GT, but didn't know about the others. Regarding the "ease" of the game, I think it's because the steering is so much more predictable and you don't just automatically spin if you over-steer. I found that to be frustrating on GT5 (and why I preferred Forza 4 to it), but the cars feel better connected to the road this time.

On the Goodwood challenge, it was the X-bow I struggled with because it's such a bulky pig going around corners. I was able to drift through corners in the Dino and beat the gold time by .8 secs. I had to work to get gold in the X-bow, but eventually got it by going slowly through the one double corner.

15. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think the tires are less grippy in 6 than 5, running my S2000 on GT5 with sport softs and a bit of camber and I could never get the rear end to slide and now I have to be quite careful with the exact same set up. Not saying it's a bad thing though, I thought the car stuck way to well in 5.

16. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Look at that, I did get the Anniversary one, time to go get some decent cars. :D

17. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Alright, being able to see your friend's line during the licenses is freaking cool.

18. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Really looking forward to picking this up once I get home for Christmas break. I've heard nothing but good things about the game.

19. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Yeah, it's even more fun when you beat their best time buy over a second or more. :)

20. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    I have to work out how to ad friends, anyone want to be my friend .....lol

21. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    What is your PSN name?

22. Mig7410

Mig7410 Karting

Feb 16, 2013
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Mike Martin
    Just got my A licence so now I can go play online. If anybody wants to race my name is mig7410.

23. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    well for those that want to get "all" the cars in the game but don't want to earn them (paying $60 should be enough) there is a glitch right now that will allow you to buy a car at 1 million (first one's actually free) and sells for 20 million. I bought 20 of them and when my money ran out I sold another and got my 20 million back. I probably spent 300 million so far getting my garage filled up with the good stuff.

not my video but how it's done. After your done buying all the cars you want just download the patch and get back to where you were plus every car :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDOynGZ4CeY

24. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yeah it's a great glitch for people who don't want to grind away just to get the cars OR if you want to save your real money for the other DLC that they are going to clearly bend us over on.

I finally played my copy. I like it. I like the physics. But... did the graphics get worse?

25. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I can fairly say that many of the holdover tracks don't look great. Nurburgring, Spa, Matterhorn, Goodwood, Willow Springs etc look AWESOME. Autumn Ring, Deep Forest, Tsukuba and others like them look like a direct port from GT4. Just not impressive at all...I would have assumed they would have redesigned all tracks, but perhaps that would have meant no space for time/weather changes.

I agree about the physics. In GT5, it was difficult to drive fluidly fast (i.e. "under control"). This time out the physics are so much better. No tail-happiness and no ridiculous understeering/oversteering.